Grandstand photos on GoS | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand photos on GoS

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oddball":2gztexei said:
cso why if it's the best argyle website ever do they have only one photographer at home and one away...and some weeks none...

Where's my 'not sure if serious' gif?

Jun 2, 2016
oddball":33jlsjmo said:
cso why if it's the best argyle website ever do they have only one photographer at home and one away...and some weeks none...
Don't think photos are really the point of GoS. Brilliant resource.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
iJN...don't let the facts get in the way ....GOS is a one man thing ....nobody else....one photographer at home and one away...and if nobody turns up then nothing...the club could do the same but they choose not to..

oddball":27e94mnc said:
iJN...don't let the facts get in the way ....GOS is a one man thing ....nobody else....one photographer at home and one away...and if nobody turns up then nothing...the club could do the same but they choose not to..

Is there nothing you won't moan about?? This one just about tops everything. :facepalm:

May 16, 2016
oddball":3d063fgv said:

The Club could pay for my Season Ticket and make arrangements for my transport from home to the Ground and back, but they've chosen not to. Typical tight fisted Austerity from Argyle.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
How come someone on my blocked list still shows up in quotes, not exactly blocked!

How anyone could slight GoS in ANY way is beyond me, I think it's a fantastic website and I love the pictures; from the matchesm the developments, everything.

Jun 2, 2016
oddball":1uajggs6 said:

You're just a Poundland Balham_Green

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
oddball":eivumv8a said:

Unbelievable. Take your head for a wobble.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
a lot of folks have left GOS over the years in that they rarely if ever support the website with their photographs...you have to ask why ...

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
oddball":14jtwxc2 said:

And you do what, exactly for the football club?

Answers on a postage stamp!

You do the square root of f**k all...apart from moan at every bloody opportunity!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
oddball":39pve8fs said:
a lot of folks have left GOS over the years in that they rarely if ever support the website with their photographs...you have to ask why ...

You don't support, so why not follow their example...just leave!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
oddball":daqkhjqh said:
Angry......I thought you had...

Sorry to disappoint you Gretna...still here!

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
oddball":1049aezk said:
Why I'm bothering with this one I really don't know, but here goes.

There have been around a dozen wonderful people who have taken photos for GoS over the last 20 years, and almost every one of them helped me for many years. They were all volunteers, whose motivation, like GoS, was purely to please others. They've had nothing in return, apart from my repeated gratitude and the satisfaction that their work was appreciated by thousands around the world. And it is work, hard work, meeting ridiculous expectations, often at stupid hours of the night. Those who have decided to call it a day did so with my wholehearted thanks and complete understanding, all apart from one that is - he died, and I've still not come to terms with that.

So when you say "you have to ask why", that's why. Or maybe you just want to have a pop. If so, I really don't care. Life's too short. I've been saying for the last three and a half years that age is catching up with me and I would call it a day on GoS's 20th birthday (which is in seven weeks time) unless anyone steps forward. No-one has. But don't worry, I won't pull the plug, although things will change (in a scaled back way) by next summer.

Happily, though, I know how much GoS is appreciated by the vast, vast majority, and nothing else matters.