Grandstand photos on GoS | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand photos on GoS

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oddball":1gfhv8wh said:
iJN...don't let the facts get in the way ....GOS is a one man thing ....nobody else....one photographer at home and one away...and if nobody turns up then nothing...the club could do the same but they choose not to..
how about you helping greens on screen with photographs etc?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oddball":3lxwnled said:
a lot of folks have left GOS over the years in that they rarely if ever support the website with their photographs...you have to ask why ...
you are very mean spirited.greens on screen is incomparable.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
GreensOnScreen":z1i2mczd said:
oddball":z1i2mczd said:
a lot of folks have left GOS over the years in that they rarely if ever support the website with their photographs...you have to ask why ...
Why I'm bothering with this one I really don't know, but here goes.

There have been around a dozen wonderful people who have taken photos for GoS over the last 20 years, and almost every one of them helped me for many years. They were all volunteers, whose motivation, like GoS, was purely to please others. They've had nothing in return, apart from my repeated gratitude and the satisfaction that their work was appreciated by thousands around the world. And it is work, hard work, meeting ridiculous expectations, often at stupid hours of the night. Those who have decided to call it a day did so with my wholehearted thanks and complete understanding, all apart from one that is - he died, and I've still not come to terms with that.

So when you say "you have to ask why", that's why. Or maybe you just want to have a pop. If so, I really don't care. Life's too short. I've been saying for the last three and a half years that age is catching up with me and I would call it a day on GoS's 20th birthday (which is in seven weeks time) unless anyone steps forward. No-one has. But don't worry, I won't pull the plug, although things will change (in a scaled back way) by next summer.

Happily, though, I know how much GoS is appreciated by the vast, vast majority, and nothing else matters.

You should not have to respond to such criticism.

As you say the vast, a very mast, majority of Argo fans stand in awe of what you and your few accomplices achieve.

You have created what is one of, if not, the best club info sites in the world. Many many teams even at the highest level have nothing like the info provided by GoS.

You have my gratitude for everything you provide.

Steve Evans":1gbtne6h said:
oddball":1gbtne6h said:
iJN...don't let the facts get in the way ....GOS is a one man thing ....nobody else....one photographer at home and one away...and if nobody turns up then nothing...the club could do the same but they choose not to..
how about you helping greens on screen with photographs etc?

Excellent idea! Even if he doesn't go to every game, he can take a camera to the games he does go to and send a few photos to GoS after.

Can't wait to see them (although I fear I may have to).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Alan has in the last ten days used 'Angry' when referring to AndyS and 'Village'. I think this underlines where he belongs.

Steve you haven't got to explain yourself to anyone in the Human Race, and those outside it have to keep on hating, it's simply what they do.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Steve all I can say for what you have done for ALL Argyle fans around the world and what you did for me and my family is I am :nworthy: :nworthy: .

GOS is a legend, it is referred to as the bible of Argyle facts, it is the first place any Argyle fan will go to find something out about Argyle, I have seen fans of other teams referring to GOS as something they wished they had, even today Simon Hallett in his chairmans chat referred to GOS.

Keep up the great work and you cannot retire until that Grandstand is finished, and then the ice rink and then...…..

There will always be people who cannot give praise they will always be negative, just ignore it.

:clap: :clap:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":olad7b9h said:
Al, the club pay Dave Rowntree for his services. If he fell ill they would find someone else to pay. GoS, like Steve said, is all voluntary. And, again like Steve said, it's bloody hard work. On a match day I normally leave home just after midday and by the time I finish sorting out the photos and getting them on to the server it's quite often 10pm and gone. It's much harder for Gill doing the away games when she quite often publishes after 2am. Just thought I'd let you know in case you fancy volunteering your services.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I just cannot believe that there is ANYONE interested in Argyle who isn’t in absolute awe and admiration for what Greens on Screen contributes to our club and it’s supporters.

There must be a bit of history that most of us don’t know about. Come to that, I don’t want to know.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
davie nine":5oj7jgl6 said:
There must be a bit of history that most of us don’t know about. Come to that, I don’t want to know.
If there is, Dave, I don't know about it either.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oddball":21zqlr5f said:
cso why if it's the best argyle website ever do they have only one photographer at home and one away...and some weeks none...

Are you going through the menopause Alf? Your posts on this and other subjects are getting rattier and rattier.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":2x4yyrk1 said:
oddball":2x4yyrk1 said:
Al, the club pay Dave Rowntree for his services. If he fell ill they would find someone else to pay. GoS, like Steve said, is all voluntary. And, again like Steve said, it's bloody hard work. On a match day I normally leave home just after midday and by the time I finish sorting out the photos and getting them on to the server it's quite often 10pm and gone. It's much harder for Gill doing the away games when she quite often publishes after 2am. Just thought I'd let you know in case you fancy volunteering your services.

Bob, my first port of call each and every day is G on S, I love all the facts and figures which are available thanks to the hard work and diligence of other, I also would be lost without the galleries provided by yourself, Gill and others. As Ian states it is the best PAFC site on the web, 5 star rated. Many thanks to Steve and all the volunteers.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":26kvqthl said:
I just cannot believe that there is ANYONE interested in Argyle who isn’t in absolute awe and admiration for what Greens on Screen contributes to our club and it’s supporters.

Well said Dave Nine.

Oddball is just trolling or fishing for a bite.

I don't know why he constantly upsets people. He does not even go to games.

GOS is superb