Hallett investment (£3.5m) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hallett investment (£3.5m)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Keepitgreen":3ba0sqke said:
the_corkscrew":3ba0sqke said:
IJN":3ba0sqke said:
Why do people need to know this? :crazy:

I genuinely don't understand the requirement to know the ins and outs of a cat's backside.

you don't want to know how much he's putting in ? you're not interested if he's putting in 2 million to cover the hole in finances ? or 5 million as he wants to push to the championship ? wow
He said at the fans forum that his final injection of cash had gone in and that would take care of the next 12 months.

Having checked my Company Law books SH has a months grace to report the purchase of additional shares to Companies House, notwithstanding the fact is PAFC is ONLY a private limited company. Had it been a public company it would have needed to have been reported to the Stock Exchange very quickly..

Oct 5, 2013
IJN":arqzkpmg said:
There you go, what he said.

I've never felt like looking into other people's purses.

No one is more open than Simon Hallett, yet people still want to nose about deeper and deeper.

He's chucked £20 million into our club, that says all I want (and need) to know.

Spot on, me too.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":1xk3iy60 said:
Keepitgreen":1xk3iy60 said:
the_corkscrew":1xk3iy60 said:
IJN":1xk3iy60 said:
Why do people need to know this? :crazy:

I genuinely don't understand the requirement to know the ins and outs of a cat's backside.

you don't want to know how much he's putting in ? you're not interested if he's putting in 2 million to cover the hole in finances ? or 5 million as he wants to push to the championship ? wow
He said at the fans forum that his final injection of cash had gone in and that would take care of the next 12 months.

Having checked my Company Law books SH has a months grace to report the purchase of additional shares to Companies House, notwithstanding the fact is PAFC is ONLY a private limited company. Had it been a public company it would have needed to have been reported to the Stock Exchange very quickly..
I didn't realise he'd bought extra shares.

Aug 5, 2016
Shadowknight":22y09av4 said:
SH knows a bit more about finance and investment than I do, so if he's happy, I'm happy.

fin.

No doubt you felt the same when Roy Gardner and Keith Todd were in the boardroom, with their London business world and investment banking backgrounds, their ambition to put Plymouth on the same football footing as Aston Villa or Everton. Top blokes! Impressive stuff.

You can never know too much about the financial health of your football club.

Hallett has made it clear that this is the last cash injection from him. Which might make some fans want to know why we need cash injections in the first place, when are we likely to need one again, and if so what is likely to happen if we can't secure the next one?
What kind of sums are we talking about?

Please don't berate the OP for asking an honest question. It likely isn't intended to scrutinise Simon Hallett or appear in any way suspicious of him.

Jan 2, 2010
Knibbsworth":30k7l9uh said:
Shadowknight":30k7l9uh said:
SH knows a bit more about finance and investment than I do, so if he's happy, I'm happy.

fin.

No doubt you felt the same when Roy Gardner and Keith Todd were in the boardroom, with their London business world and investment banking backgrounds, their ambition to put Plymouth on the same football footing as Aston Villa or Everton. Top blokes! Impressive stuff.

You can never know too much about the financial health of your football club.

Hallett has made it clear that this is the last cash injection from him. Which might make some fans want to know why we need cash injections in the first place, when are we likely to need one again, and if so what is likely to happen if we can't secure the next one?
What kind of sums are we talking about?

Please don't berate the OP for asking an honest question. It likely isn't intended to scrutinise Simon Hallett or appear in any way suspicious of him.
Are you on a mission to get 'knob of the week' banner reinstated? How on earth did I berate the OP?

If you can't add to the thread, don't press submit.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Knibbsworth":hkwcqxlv said:
It likely isn't intended to scrutinise Simon Hallett or appear in any way suspicious of him.
IMO it was posted for precisely that reason.

Jun 2, 2016
Argylegames":3c1jqu2n said:
Knibbsworth":3c1jqu2n said:
It likely isn't intended to scrutinise Simon Hallett or appear in any way suspicious of him.

Shows just how wrong you can be.
I am 100% behind Simon Hallett.
He has transformed the club and is spoiling us with his generosity.
As he said this would be the last investment in the club I was genuinely interested in how much it would be. I reckon its an important development and just wanted to know when it'd be confirmed, as a couple of experts here say it has to be.

The other comments about a 2nd agenda are just bonkers. Toxic site at the moment.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
the_corkscrew":18l2rxe9 said:
Argylegames":18l2rxe9 said:
Knibbsworth":18l2rxe9 said:

Shows just how wrong you can be.
I am 100% behind Simon Hallett.
He has transformed the club and is spoiling us with his generosity.
As he said this would be the last investment in the club I was genuinely interested in how much it would be. I reckon its an important development and just wanted to know when it'd be confirmed, as a couple of experts here say it has to be.

The other comments about a 2nd agenda are just bonkers. Toxic site at the moment.

It doesn’t have to be. Depends on how he has injected the money. It will then be in the annual accounts not released specifically to inform people.

If the club was a public company they would have to release the news to the market.

Aug 5, 2015
He’s put a damn sight more money into the club than all of us. I don’t need to know how much money you’ve put into Argyle. Why is it so necessary to know chapter and verse how much he’s put in and when it was done?

May 8, 2011
Kentishgreen":3opokeoj said:
He’s put a damn sight more money into the club than all of us. I don’t need to know how much money you’ve put into Argyle. Why is it so necessary to know chapter and verse how much he’s put in and when it was done?

Simply, consistency and transparency.
The Club has publicised previous investments via the website so why not this one.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
HC Green":2byi5a4n said:
Simply, consistency and transparency.
The Club has publicised previous investments via the website so why not this one.
They did - how else would you know about it?

Aug 27, 2019
I cannot help thinking that this type of (IMHO) pointless & intrusive questioning is exactly what eventually leads to the investor ultimately thinking that his benevolence & lets face it, selflessness is being abused & at best unappreciated.
Why can we not just leave SH & his family to prop up our club & let us enjoy the ride, whilst thanking him for everything he has done for our club (& indirectly, us).
The next step is someone saying whatever the sum is, isn't enough & being critical of how it is spent, again causing him to question why he bothers....we need his (& is it, Jane's) support. Lets just be thankful! Long may it last.....

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If Simon Hallett felt that he needed to tell supporters how much more he has put into the club’s account he would have told us.
Frankly, he has done so much for our club, and it’s supporters, since he became a director, and now owner, that, unless he is legally bound to publish this information, we should feel confident that the additional amount is sufficient to ensure that we will be in a stronger position than many other clubs in the EFL when we finally emerge from this crisis.

Jan 27, 2012
IJN":3jt8m6mg said:
There you go, what he said.

I've never felt like looking into other people's purses.

No one is more open than Simon Hallett, yet people still want to nose about deeper and deeper.

He's chucked £20 million into our club, that says all I want (and need) to know.

I know his financial commitment to the club has been incredible, but £20 million is not a figure that I have seen reported elsewhere. You may well be correct, I’m just interested where you have got this from.