Hallett investment (£3.5m) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hallett investment (£3.5m)

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
If he is no required to say how much, but is only required to have it in the club financial statements at the end of the reporting year, then why publicise how much? It would only influence agents' decisions and let other clubs know how much they can twist our arm over either purchases or sales.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
'You probably haven't thought of Wigan since their players stopped earning you Fantasy Premier League points seven years ago' :lol:

I like that, perfectly describes lots of football 'fans'.

Jun 27, 2019
All I'd be vaguely interested in knowing is what the current valuation of the club is. Simon Hallett has pumped millions into the club and he'll rightly be expecting that back when he eventually moves on. If he was to sell up tomorrow would he want £20m? That's a lot for a modest-sized football club.

(And when I say 'vaguely interested' I really do mean it. I think Simon has been brilliant for our club and I hope he stays at the helm for a long time to come).

Apr 15, 2008
London
IJN":2wqrd9hn said:
Why do people need to know this? :crazy:

I genuinely don't understand the requirement to know the ins and outs of a cat's backside.

Yes, seriously does my head in. Some people really need an additional hobby.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
WoodsyGreen":3q9y38hg said:
All I'd be vaguely interested in knowing is what the current valuation of the club is. Simon Hallett has pumped millions into the club and he'll rightly be expecting that back when he eventually moves on. If he was to sell up tomorrow would he want £20m? That's a lot for a modest-sized football club.

(And when I say 'vaguely interested' I really do mean it. I think Simon has been brilliant for our club and I hope he stays at the helm for a long time to come).

I should not get too preoccupied in what is the Club's valuation. If ever there was an asset which is put up for sale at a an asking figure, where that figure is never achieved, it would be a professional football club. It is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it, nothing more, nothing less. You only need to look at the inability of the majority shareholder of Newcastle Utd to sell the club and see how the asking price has reduced over the last few years. The Staveley consortium continue to negotiate but are yet to prove that they are fit and suitable to be owners of a Premiership club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
WoodsyGreen":2fzps4oe said:

The hypothetical IF again.
I can’t even contemplate SH leaving unless, in his words recently, ‘I was run over by a bus’.
Yes, this project has cost him a lot of money but I am confident that he is now excited about the prospects and challenges of reaping the rewards on the pitch.

D

Darren Stoneman

Oh my word!

We have a owner who seems to be content on saving our club and shock actually investing significant amounts to make our club better, whether this is a £1, £5 or £50m who really cares.

We should be grateful, think back to 2011 and remember how that felt, Simon Hallett is putting his money where his mouth is while the club is rock bottom financially and delivering his promise to support us.

We have had the boom and busy merchants, the egotistical owner, the steady the ship and save us owner,

We now have an owner with no obvious motive other than invest for a future of self sustainability surely a smart model for the long term of PAFC

we are all quick to jump and judge when after all we have been through and going through with COVID we should be grateful that we have Simons backing

Please please #bekind

Apr 4, 2004
Simon Hallett quite simply is the best thing to have happened to Argyle in my memory. I really hope that if he comes on this site that, he's thick skinned enough to ignore the one or two idiots. I think he deserves all of our gratitude for the way he is running our club.

Aug 5, 2016
gaspargomez":3ahbngrv said:
This is nobody’s business except Simon Hallett’s !

(Unless the original poster is Callum McFadzean wanting to check that the club have money before signing his contract).

Did you also feel PAFC's finances was no-one's business except Dan McCauley's in the 1990s?

I haven't seen a single criticism of Simon Hallett ever on Pasoti, and there are none in this thread. Also someone has done is queried the size of a cash injection into the club. Why is that such a controversial question that is inviting such backlash?

Apr 1, 2009
Knibbsworth":2loqo06o said:
gaspargomez":2loqo06o said:

(Unless the original poster is Callum McFadzean wanting to check that the club have money before signing his contract).

Did you also feel PAFC's finances was no-one's business except Dan McCauley's in the 1990s?

I haven't seen a single criticism of Simon Hallett ever on Pasoti, and there are none in this thread. Also someone has done is queried the size of a cash injection into the club. Why is that such a controversial question that is inviting such backlash?

Because it is an injection of private money into a private company?

I remember Simon Hallett being criticised for "panicking" when he decided to dispense with DA. Can't remember who the poster was....

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
xmastree":31kpbbdy said:
Knibbsworth":31kpbbdy said:
gaspargomez":31kpbbdy said:

Because it is an injection of private money into a private company?

I remember Simon Hallett being criticised for "panicking" when he decided to dispense with DA. Can't remember who the poster was....

Yes, I can remember that too.

Jun 2, 2016
Answer revealed tonight as £3.5m.
But i presume they'll be no further debate on this so we can close the thread down now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
£3.5 million?????

WOW :clap: