Hallett investment (£3.5m) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hallett investment (£3.5m)

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Any idea what Mr and Mrs Halletts total investment is in Argyle.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
IJN":13m5ju4c said:
Must be £20m.

Wow i did not think it was that much, I hope every Argyle fan appreciates how much we owe to these two individuals. :clap: :nworthy: :nworthy:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Ottawa Green":1aalh696 said:
IJN":1aalh696 said:
Must be £20m.

Wow i did not think it was that much, I hope every Argyle fan appreciates how much we owe to these two individuals. :clap: :nworthy: :nworthy:

Last time I totted it up I calculated the Grandstand had cost them about £10 Million

Apr 4, 2004
Crikey, that's a whole hill of money. We are so lucky that we have people with the means and the will to back us. And they're fans. I can see a golden era around the corner. Thank you to Mr and Mrs Hallett. :scarf:

I don't personally need to know the ins and outs of how we are being financed. But after our spell in administration, I totally get why some people want to keep tabs on the big money moves that happen behind the scenes.

Jul 29, 2010
German Shepherd":tgapzoc0 said:
IJN":tgapzoc0 said:
Why on earth would you abuse staff like that?

Totally unbelievable. Unfortunately there are many chuffing idiots about including some who associate with Argyle.

Argyle don't have to associate with them though.

As a private company with a duty of care to protect their employees Argyle would be well within their rights to tell them where to stick the very season ticket application they were arguing with the staff about... clearly by extension they must know they identity of the abuser. 'Thank you for your enquiry, now off you f**k' :wave:

Another sour aspect to this thread early on was the seeming willingness to poo poo anyone asking questions about the finances. No-one is too big or too well regarded to be given an automatic free pass from scrutiny. I have absolutely no doubt the Hallett's have the very best interests of Argyle in their hearts so I don't for a second scent a scandal or any smoke and mirrors at play. But we sleepwalk into problems if we turn a blind eye when an eyebrow should be raised.

After the events we lived through with the NWO and the subsequent Heaney/Ridsdale carve up we have earned the right to be eternally vigilant, WHOMSOEVER is in charge. It was only by asking questions and exposing anomalies... sometimes even by getting up very early to interrupt breakfasts I recall... that the truth was uncovered.

So never let the words "don't ask questions" be uttered or even implied or suggested as was done at the commencement of this thread.

Anyway, back to the more pleasant aspect of this story, geddon Simon and Jane :clap:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I find it rude, always have done.

Dig when you have to I say.

May 8, 2011
I suppose the question to ask about the £20m plus that has been put into the Club is how much has been for investment in infrastructure and how much to fund losses, historic and ongoing.

Jul 24, 2009
Thank you Simon & Jane. What a different position our club would be in if they had never got involved. We are incredibly lucky that they did both for the money invested and for the way they've managed the club.

Aug 5, 2015
Well done Mr and Mrs Chairman. It’s a real shame the club will have to endure at least 6 months without income. Now the Chairman is keeping us afloat I’m sure he’d rather have used that money to have a crack at kicking on. Never mind at least we still have a club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN":1qjcfedl said:
I find it rude, always have done.

Dig when you have to I say.
If Simon and Jane haven’t earned enough respect by now not to be challenged about every financial transaction then you have to wonder what more they have to do.
Having said that, he has apologised for lack of clarity and has said that, in his view, he understood the ‘legitimate concerns’.
Perhaps now, even the doubters will respect Simon’s integrity and honesty.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I don’t think it’s digging for digging sake.

I think the majority just want to know the figures to see where it puts the club financially.

It’s always the same. Undisclosed fees rile me because it puts us in the dark as to how the club stands with finances etc.

I’m not wanting to know the exact ins and outs of the clubs accounts but just to know we have decent outlook with regards to finance and competitive when it comes to all things our going.

May 8, 2011
Just think how things might be different now if a life long Argyle fan with £20m to spend had turned up in 2011.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tugboat":1yqqhnf3 said:
I don’t think it’s digging for digging sake.

I think the majority just want to know the figures to see where it puts the club financially.

It’s always the same. Undisclosed fees rile me because it puts us in the dark as to how the club stands with finances etc.

I’m not wanting to know the exact ins and outs of the clubs accounts but just to know we have decent outlook with regards to finance and competitive when it comes to all things our going.

Yes we all have an interest in the stability/future of our club. I think it is the 'tone' that is the problem.

The original OP said (paraphrasing): 'SH said he'd made this investment' and 'I'm surprised .... no press release'.
The tone isn't: 'I'm interested in my club' rather: SH said he did .. but did he ... really?
and : 'no press release' = 'what are they hiding from me!!??'.

Too many episodes of Ancient Aliens and the Lizard Men watched not enough Panorama!! :lol: