Harry Burgoyne (loan cancelled) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Harry Burgoyne (loan cancelled)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Andy Holland":3q99gtwf said:
Loan cancelled by mutual consent.

There goes Burgoyne as our saviour then!

The words ‘mutual consent’ tells me we want to save the wages for Burgoyne to strengthen elsewhere in the team.

To me Macey is not a bad keeper, it’s our defence that’s more of a problem.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Macey is not a good keeper, don't be fooled by the occasional good shot stop or by his plausible keeper-physique. He doesn't command his area, come off his line, kick the ball accurately, etc. He's a real liability.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Over the years we did very well signing experienced goalkeepers who had fallen out of favour at a bigger club or were surplus to requirements for some other reason. My early days watching Argyle saw Geoff Barnsley (83 in a few days time), Dave Maclaren and Pat Dunne come in and bring their experience at a higher level to bear. Jim Furnell came later and then perhaps the best modern example was Crudgie. Admittedly Nicky Hammond broke the mould but on the other hand Steve Cherry epitomises that "been there and done it" kind of experience that we desperately need now, someone who is old enough and experienced enough to exert control from behind the back four. I am not sure that unproven loanees are what we currently need.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Andy Holland":2lndzcaa said:
Loan cancelled by mutual consent.

There goes Burgoyne as our saviour then!

poo.

Well we need to drop Macey for somebody so maybe it's time for Cooper to step up then. Can't be any worse.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
And nobody has mentioned the CV of Rhys Wilmott before he ever arrived at Argyle, yet another reserve keeper, rather than a trainee trying to make his way in professional football. He was a confident cool unhurried keeper, who is now Argyle's goal keeping coach. Surely DA is relying upon his long experienced opinion is coming to the decision that Macey is currently the better keeper?

Aug 5, 2016
Dorset Pilgrim":1t0ri458 said:
Macey is not a good keeper, don't be fooled by the occasional good shot stop or by his plausible keeper-physique. He doesn't command his area, come off his line, kick the ball accurately, etc. He's a real liability.

As are our players in the other ten outfield positions to be fair.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think Macey is obviously our best option, that doesn't mean much though when the other two are a lower League 2 standard keeper and a youth prospect.

There's a real lack of quality across the back 5 when compared to last season. Macey Vs Matthews. Threlkeld Vs Moore/Riley. Songo'o Vs Vyner. Canavan Vs Bradley. Smith-Brown Vs Sawyer. Quite scary.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
After tonight’s Fans forum, it seems Adams is keen for Cooper to go out on loan so may have another keeper lined up

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Macey is utterly hopeless, it's is by no means our defence looks so clueless and shaky with a clueless and shaky keeper behind them.

As for this loan deal I think the club was hugely naive to have such favourable terms for Wolves. There are plenty of young goalkeepers out there getting no playing time, we weren't cup in hands begging for him so why were the terms so set against us.

As for Wolves, I'm in no way surprised that a greedy Premier League club would milk us of 6 months wages on an injured player with every intention of having him back when he was fit. Such is the nature of the game at the top, such is the nature with many people who have more money than they know what to do with. What would be peanuts to them is 1-2 full time players for us but because they can save a few peanuts then take advantage of that poorly defined contract for all its worth. Disgusting but utterly predictable.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Ollieargyle9":19x3na7e said:
Macey is utterly hopeless, it's is by no means our defence looks so clueless and shaky with a clueless and shaky keeper behind them.

As for this loan deal I think the club was hugely naive to have such favourable terms for Wolves. There are plenty of young goalkeepers out there getting no playing time, we weren't cup in hands begging for him so why were the terms so set against us.

As for Wolves, I'm in no way surprised that a greedy Premier League club would milk us of 6 months wages on an injured player with every intention of having him back when he was fit. Such is the nature of the game at the top, such is the nature with many people who have more money than they know what to do with. What would be peanuts to them is 1-2 full time players for us but because they can save a few peanuts then take advantage of that poorly defined contract for all its worth. Disgusting but utterly predictable.

Sorry, but what obligation did Wolves have? Absolutely none. Why do some still not understand that football is a business that deals in entertainment, not a charity. And then to conflate it with the politics of envy as well. Wolves have done nothing wrong.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
With Burgoyne getting injured two weeks before the start of the season I can understand that we would be short of options but on paper a keeper arriving from Arsenal would be a good signing.

It hasn't worked out and if Macey plays for the second half of the season it would be very difficult to avoid relegation.
He's conceded the most goals in League One, this can't continue and with Burgoyne now gone back to Wolves and freeing up a wage we need to sign a keeper in January as a matter of urgency.

If we can't send Macey back then we should take the hit of paying the wages for a keeper that doesn't play for half a season, just as we did with Burgoyne, and sign someone else.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Good. We have an excellent keeper in Macey.

Yes he might be the latest scapegoat now Moore’s out of the team, but in reality he’s having a good season.

Not sure why anyone thought we’d have Burgoyne back on loan to make it 2.

Bizarre.

Mar 16, 2009
London
PL2 3DQ":2vzzd13o said:
With Burgoyne getting injured two weeks before the start of the season I can understand that we would be short of options but on paper a keeper arriving from Arsenal would be a good signing.

It hasn't worked out and if Macey plays for the second half of the season it would be very difficult to avoid relegation.
He's conceded the most goals in League One, this can't continue and with Burgoyne now gone back to Wolves and freeing up a wage we need to sign a keeper in January as a matter of urgency.

If we can't send Macey back then we should take the hit of paying the wages for a keeper that doesn't play for half a season, just as we did with Burgoyne, and sign someone else.

Where are you getting this from?

It’s complete nonsense to suggest we’ll definitely go down with Macey in goal. We’re top half of the current form guide. Sorry if that stat doesn’t suit your latest propaganda campaign.

Teams concede goals, not keepers alone.

Re: Pickford for Sunderland the season before last.