Has anyone noticed the potential new Paul Mariner? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Has anyone noticed the potential new Paul Mariner?

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":19wln0dr said:
This post hasn't aged well.

Well there’s been a solitary league match since it was started, so it hasn’t exactly had a chance to ‘age well’ yet.

May 1, 2011
Justin":13g50s21 said:
Bristol Rich":13g50s21 said:
This post hasn't aged well.

Well there’s been a solitary league match since it was started, so it hasn’t exactly had a chance to ‘age well’ yet.

And it was total nonsense from the off. I'll bet you any money you like Lapado doesn't go on to play for England at a World Cup.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Anyone else here notice how Argyle’s win against AFC Wimbledon was a lot like the Brazil v Italy 1970 World Cup Final?

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Mariner looked total class from day one. I recall telephoning my brother after his first game and telling him I felt he could progress to play for England one day. He felt I was mad after one game.

Jun 2, 2016
He obviously won't play for England. But he is technically a very good player. First touch usually excellent, good passer, pace. Loads of ability and potential to score 20 a season with the right service. After Saturday he must be feeling like ripping his contract up. Don't blame him.

May 1, 2011
the_corkscrew":1akodebs said:
He obviously won't play for England. But he is technically a very good player. First touch usually excellent, good passer, pace. Loads of ability and potential to score 20 a season with the right service. After Saturday he must be feeling like ripping his contract up. Don't blame him.

You see a different player to me. I see why he was a Southend reject who is lucky to even have a contract in League 1.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
We're the 15th club he's played for in 7 years. That tells you something. I was hoping Derek could get him playing well ..........

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
A total insult to Paul Mariner being compared to Freddie Ladapo. 15 clubs at the age of 25 and he's only ever scored goals in non league. Jamie Vardy clearly had quality when he came from non league and scored, regularly, in the football league. Hence why he's now a Premier League striker. Ladapo is crap. Hasn't done for anyone in the football league consistently, there's a reason Southend didn't want him.

May 1, 2011
To be fair this thread was total nonsense with no substance or logic to support it. A simple glance at his career history would tell you a lot.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
LeonTheGreen":1d4ttfru said:
A total insult to Paul Mariner being compared to Freddie Ladapo. 15 clubs at the age of 25 and he's only ever scored goals in non league. Jamie Vardy clearly had quality when he came from non league and scored, regularly, in the football league. Hence why he's now a Premier League striker. Ladapo is crap. Hasn't done for anyone in the football league consistently, there's a reason Southend didn't want him.

Only scored goals in non-league? He’s got a couple for us in League 1.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
GreenThing":2sbiyoyd said:
LeonTheGreen":2sbiyoyd said:

Only scored goals in non-league? He’s got a couple for us in League 1.

By scored goals I meant consistently and into double figures. He's only ever done that at non league level. A couple of goals for us doesn't cut it, especially when you see the chances he's had.