Home Park Redevelopment | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Does it say they are moving the bricks?
No it does'nt but if they did is this where they would put them.

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":id6pybnm said:
Does it say they are moving the bricks?
No it does'nt but if they did is this where they would put them.

I would say that it would be the most likely place. Personally, if they did move them, I'd like to see them done in the same way Leicester have done them at the KP Stadium and incorporate them into the actual walls of the stand itself.

C

Cameron Millar

All looks good, apart from take the cinema away (we dont need another one!) and put in a argyle musuem and make sure the capacity of home park is 22-25,000 with expansion avaiable. we need to stay in the league first though! agree more attention needs to be paid to the football otherwose we will be a joke. also a sports bar wouldnt go amiss.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
It is good that things finally seems to be happening but got to say that I am disappointed with a lack of details. I know it states that they well be consulting with different groups but seeing the planning application is going in next month there cant be that much scope for changes to the plans. As a fan I would like to know the seating capacity, what hospitality facilities and how many executive boxes. Hopefully I might get some answers at these open days but saying that at least things seems to be moving so lets hope for the best.

Dec 7, 2006
Didn't Brent say we'd have " state of the art" grandstand? Looking at the drawings, I'm not entirely sure what he means by that. Only a minor point but I can foresee problems for cinema-goers on match days/evenings especially with regards to parking and exiting HP etc. Still, onwards and upwards - the sooner that bleddy Mayflower relic goes the better.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It's just a Shane we haven't achieved FL safety because I would be far more happy about it all.

Unfortunately, for me, it just sums up our problem. Football doesn't look the priority.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":3e7adlaa said:
Creation of a dedicated memorial garden

http://www.higherhomepark.co.uk/community-football

Is this where the memorial bricks will go?
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that the bricks will be moved. I think the memorial garden will be for the ashes that were removed from underneath the pitch when laying the new one, and any future burials.

I see fans can visit the Theatre Royal to ask their questions:

LEARN MORE: The Akkeron team will be on hand to discuss the proposals at the Theatre Royal, in Royal Parade, Plymouth, on: Thursday, March 21, 2-6pm; Friday March 22, 11am-4pm; Saturday March 23, 11am-4pm.

Edited to add: I have a brick there and am very much alive. :) :) :)

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I don't like the look of the new grandstand at first viewing, it doesn't blend with the rest of the stadium on the outside for me. Hopefully when more pictures are released I can get a better look and my first impressions are wrong.

No incorporation of the old entrance?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Cameron Millar":2cw60zz4 said:
All looks good, apart from take the cinema away (we dont need another one!) and put in a argyle musuem and make sure the capacity of home park is 22-25,000 with expansion avaiable. we need to stay in the league first though! agree more attention needs to be paid to the football otherwose we will be a joke. also a sports bar wouldnt go amiss.

The drawing suggests that the South Stand will be a similar size to the "horseshoe" 3 other sides which suggests a total capacity of 16,000 - 17,000 max.

I was at Doncaster a few weeks ago and their ground is a four-side version of our horseshoe with a capacity of 15,231.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Why don't James Brent give John Sherdian money to buy players that would of/ will keep us in this league. Forget all these massive plans, I'd rather have a team in the football league.

Aug 19, 2012
After reading all the plans and news articles on it, it seems to be a lot going to be developed and built on such a small place. The cost of £50 million concerns me as he will willingly go and spend this on a hotel and ice arena at Home Park but not on players or anything we actually seriously need if we are going to stay in the football league

B

Baby Face Johnson

David_Fisher":2vekjijl said:
Cameron Millar":2vekjijl said:

The drawing suggests that the South Stand will be a similar size to the "horseshoe" 3 other sides which suggests a total capacity of 16,000 - 17,000 max.

I was at Doncaster a few weeks ago and their ground is a four-side version of our horseshoe with a capacity of 15,231.

This would be a travesty if true and would show the lack of ambition in the club, in football terms once more. You get one chance to do it right, so get it right first time. Forget all this bollox about extending later, it'll never happen. Swansea are regretting their short-sightedness now.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Unbelievable comments on here by some. JB is giving us a new stand and facilities for free. It won't cost the club anything so why all the negativity?

It's always been a separate issue from the team side of things, where the problems are well documented and ongoing.

As for the detail, this is where we can have input and influence.

What about filling the corners in (I seem to recall this being a later stage of the development)?

What about gym facilities (or do players simply use the life centre)?

I'm looking forward to further details coming out after the PASB meeting later.

B

Baby Face Johnson

My negativity stems from the fact that the football side of the development looks like an after-thought to keep the natives happy. I couldn't give a frog's fat arse about, cinemas, hotels or ice-rinks to be honest. And as for being grateful, I suspect JB will be making a tidy profit from it all.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Although, as you say, let's be fair and wait for the detail.