Home Park Redevelopment | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
greengenes":l7wqorvy said:
Pafcintheplace":l7wqorvy said:
greengenes":l7wqorvy said:
All I care about right now is staying up this season and then seeing the Club really go for promotion next .

Why are you posting on a thread about the Home Park Development then?

If you're that against it perhaps you could get together with some other disgruntled janners and nimby's and set up a protest group?

Please point out to me where I said I am against it ? I am totally in favour but maintaining our Football League status is all that occupies my mind right now .
You at the game today ?

:lol: you say it like you're trying to get a dig in. I live in Kent so no I won't be at the game, though how that is relevant to the higher home park development I don't know. If only one thing can occupy your mind at any one time that seems just plain weird.

I'm in favour of the new stand too, but it does look rather half arsed.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Pafcintheplace":38io4ttr said:
"A new South grandstand with additional seating capacity"

Well that wouldn't be hard would it, there's only about 2k seats in the Mayflower!

A bit underwhelmed, was expecting a two tier construction, and having executive boxes in corners with nothing at the back of the stand just looks plain weird, and cheap.

Ok, fair points but make it a little more constructive and pass them on to the PASB to bring up later....and also go along to the consultation and pass them on that way.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Is there anyone from PASB reading this thread and making note of some of th comments made?

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Is there anything that confirms that the
money, or at least a proportion of it, made from this development has to be spent on the football team?

O

old redeyes

The roof doesn't meet the current roof, no capacity mentioned (wtf?), a replica of the Lyndhurst with boxes on top and the only picture we all care about is drawn by someone who can only do skies.

Load of amateur rubbish as usual. Someone important tell them to get the colour of the seats right at least.

Why is the Herald picture of the new stand a hurriedly put together drawing dated 13/03/2013? Suggests that whatever had been planned has changed considerably recently. For a planning application surely there would be proper architects images available with information on things such as size and capacity?

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
A lot of concern about the capacity, but I don't see it as a problem. How often are we going to get attendances of say 17k+?
If we have room for expansion, then for me, there's no issue.

I'm really hoping this happens - and this time, I think it will happen.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
God there are some numb-nuts posting at the moment. Nice to see the bigger picture. It's something that has been promised for a long long time. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
This is good news--the development should underpin the success of the club for years. As football supporters we want Argyle to stay in the football league--but at the moment the financial foundations are wobbly and we will stagger from season to season with the same result if things don't change.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
For me, announcing the plans for a new Grandstand/ground re-development is the easy bit, after all we have done before. Turning that into a reality is the hard bit.

I tend to be in the camp of those who are pleased to see that finally (?) the club is trying to deliver some improved facilities and income and welcome that. Equally, having been at Home Park on Tuesday, I am really very worried that the failings to take decisive action in the autumn after the FA Cup debacle may cost us our League status. The concern about losing that League position pretty much erodes any buzz I would have had about some off-field ambitions of a re-development.

Jun 22, 2005
Well that's proved to be what JBs true intentions are. Not the thread to talk about it? Meh. What a great stadium we'll be losing at home to the likes of forest Green, hyde and Braintree in front of hundreds of fans....

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Best ground in the BSP :scarf: :lol:

Apr 4, 2004
damon.green":8715fige said:
A lot of concern about the capacity, but I don't see it as a problem. How often are we going to get attendances of say 17k+?

Never Damon. They won't fit in. Even if we get to the championship our average crowd will be limited as we won't be able to get the handful of bigger crowds to drag the average upwards. If that sketch is anywhere near right it looks like total seating of around 16,000. I hope not. They might as well buy some of that temporary seating we had before and make do with that until someone who will do it properly comes along.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
ming the merciless":wpk30p4n said:
damon.green":wpk30p4n said:

Never Damon. They won't fit in. Even if we get to the championship our average crowd will be limited as we won't be able to get the handful of bigger crowds to drag the average upwards. If that sketch is anywhere near right it looks like total seating of around 16,000. I hope not. They might as well buy some of that temporary seating we had before and make do with that until someone who will do it properly comes along.

:iagree: