Home Park Redevelopment | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Pafcintheplace":3l50lwvh said:
ming the merciless":3l50lwvh said:
damon.green":3l50lwvh said:
A lot of concern about the capacity, but I don't see it as a problem. How often are we going to get attendances of say 17k+?
If we have room for expansion, then for me, there's no issue.

I'm really hoping this happens - and this time, I think it will happen.

Never Damon. They won't fit in. Even if we get to the championship our average crowd will be limited as we won't be able to get the handful of bigger crowds to drag the average upwards. If that sketch is anywhere near right it looks like total seating of around 16,000. I hope not. They might as well buy some of that temporary seating we had before and make do with that until someone who will do it properly comes along.

:iagree:

If you want to keep Argyle back in the dark ages about time you arrived on horseback. Grow up and look to hopefully a better future. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

B

Baby Face Johnson

Mike Greening":fv1186ha said:
Pafcintheplace":fv1186ha said:
ming the merciless":fv1186ha said:
damon.green":fv1186ha said:
A lot of concern about the capacity, but I don't see it as a problem. How often are we going to get attendances of say 17k+?

Never Damon. They won't fit in. Even if we get to the championship our average crowd will be limited as we won't be able to get the handful of bigger crowds to drag the average upwards. If that sketch is anywhere near right it looks like total seating of around 16,000. I hope not. They might as well buy some of that temporary seating we had before and make do with that until someone who will do it properly comes along.

If you want to keep Argyle back in the dark ages about time you arrived on horseback. Grow up and look to hopefully a better future. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mike, I have nothing against the development, although not especially interested in the Hotel, Cinema etc (a necessary evil) but I think that a capacity of circa 16000 will seriously hold us back in the future, if we have any ambitions of getting to, at least the Championship or, god forbid, drawing man U at home in the Cup. :doh: :lol: Look at Swansea (ground was built when they were where we are now).

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Baby Hair Johnson":2wy00ipe said:
Mike Greening":2wy00ipe said:
Pafcintheplace":2wy00ipe said:
ming the merciless":2wy00ipe said:
damon.green":2wy00ipe said:

Mike, I have nothing against the development, although not especially interested in the Hotel, Cinema etc (a necessary evil) but I think that a capacity of circa 16000 will seriously hold us back in the future, if we have any ambitions of getting to, at least the Championship or, god forbid, drawing man U at home in the Cup. :doh: :lol: Look at Swansea (ground was built when they were where we are now).

I believe that the planned capacity is approx 20,000. Don't forget there is room for extra tiers above the Lindy if needed.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
swendies":1gwsgd6g said:
Quote "And as for being grateful, I suspect JB will be making a tidy profit from it all." So what, he's a businessman , not Mother Teresa. Good luck to him I say, as long as he drags this antiquated football club along with it into profit.

This.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Let me get this right, 12 hours ago, there was mocking that the announcement was imminent. No that it is no longer imminent, it's all a load of rubbish.

So much for me naively thinking that the announcement no longer being imminent would give everyone a boost before a big game...

We all know that the priority is to stay up and ensure that we have a league club playing in front of a shiny new stand but JB has always said that plans were being worked up and would be announced in March and I can't imagine any of the coaching/playing staff have had their time taken up doing CAD drawings.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Mark_Colling":1j6dck92 said:
Let me get this right, 12 hours ago, there was mocking that the announcement was imminent. No that it is no longer imminent, it's all a load of rubbish.

So much for me naively thinking that the announcement no longer being imminent would give everyone a boost before a big game...

We all know that the priority is to stay up and ensure that we have a league club playing in front of a shiny new stand but JB has always said that plans were being worked up and would be announced in March and I can't imagine any of the coaching/playing staff have had their time taken up doing CAD drawings.

It's great that there has been news of course, but I think this 'boost' before the game you were hoping for is being tempered by what looks like a weird design with exec boxes in corners, not at the back of the stand, it's single tiered, and the proposed capacity has not been divulged.

Perhaps some people were expect a little more than what looks like a stand built that a Conference team would be proud of.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Mike Greening":m19m6hu8 said:
Baby Hair Johnson":m19m6hu8 said:
Mike Greening":m19m6hu8 said:
Pafcintheplace":m19m6hu8 said:
ming the merciless":m19m6hu8 said:
damon.green":m19m6hu8 said:

I believe that the planned capacity is approx 20,000. Don't forget there is room for extra tiers above the Lindy if needed.

Although happier with that, that would be an absolute minimum, in my book, and is approximately Swansea's current capacity. Coincidently Swansea are still *talking about adding extra tiers, rather than actually doing it. Anyway, enough 3 points today please :scarf:

May 22, 2006
Mike Greening":bfoh18df said:

On what information do you base that belief?

Dec 3, 2005
monkeywrench":2pe373ml said:
Unbelievable comments on here by some. JB is giving us a new stand and facilities for free. It won't cost the club anything so why all the negativity?

It's always been a separate issue from the team side of things, where the problems are well documented and ongoing.

As for the detail, this is where we can have input and influence.

What about filling the corners in (I seem to recall this being a later stage of the development)?

What about gym facilities (or do players simply use the life centre)?

I'm looking forward to further details coming out after the PASB meeting later.

Probably stems from the FACT that we are Argyle Football Supporters and don't wish to see our team relegated to the BSP, when we can put plans in for a £50 million stand lol.

The FOOTBALL TEAM comes first with me, the stadium comes a definate 2nd.
I would prefer Argyle to play at Albion's Ground and to have Football League status!!

Dec 3, 2005
Mike Greening":fdiynlbr said:
Pafcintheplace":fdiynlbr said:
ming the merciless":fdiynlbr said:
damon.green":fdiynlbr said:

At least in the 'dark ages' we had a football team lol

L

love_walrus

Cant be bothered to read all of this, but just want to say, think this can only be good for us. People who say about not having a cinema etc have got to see that this is what brings about the funding for the club to get a new grandstand, facilities and other plus points. Will be gutted if we go down, but if it happens,it happens!! Take a look at our surroundings now and this can only be an improvement, we are long overdue a bloody good tidy up around the ground. Tin hat on........but if it takes better facilities to get better players then its a price that I think we should be willing to play! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dec 3, 2005
I would much sooner have HP as it is and have a football team to be proud of and in the Football League.

People seem to think we have a god given right, if we go down, to get promoted lol

We thought that when we got relegated from the Championship, oh and the 1st Division, that worked well didn't it.

We MUST fight and give every ounce of effort to keep this Club in the Football League.

There are plenty of 'ex football league' teams in the BSP and some further down, I bet they thought, oh this will be easy to be promoted back to the Football League.

This Club is in meltdown and all our owner is thinking about is building a hotel, cinema, ice rink, shops, bars and whatever.

As a supporter of PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL CLUB, I want to see the building of a TEAM.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
20,000 sounds about right and the plans look pretty good.As yet i have not had time to read the article , is there any metion of where the extra punters are going to park?

Feb 21, 2008
Graham Evans":216l46tl said:
20,000 sounds about right and the plans look pretty good.As yet i have not had time to read the article , is there any metion of where the extra punters are going to park?

I've got a double drive that can squeeze in 3 cars maybe 4 if they are smart cars oh and one across the drive....that should be ample in the BSP!!!