Home Park Redevelopment | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
The details that have been put out so far on PAFC and Herald websites are just the outline plans.

If any one is really interested in the detail I suggest they attend one of the Roadshows in the Theatre Royal on Thu, Fri or Sat this coming week as mentioned in the Herald article.

For travellers I am sure the full plans will be available, in due course, on line either on PAFC or Plymouth City Council (Planning) websites.

Apparently there is some information in today's match programme - whether it is the same as already promulgated I know not!!!

Keep it Green with 3 points today

Feb 21, 2008
Pafcintheplace":130mj3pl said:
Fergy":130mj3pl said:
The only aspect I'm concerned about is the no mention of capacity and the very bland looking sketches of the new grandstand. I was hoping the Grandstand would look something like Stoke City's West Stand which can accommodate 7,359 which would bump the overall capacity up to circa 22000-23000.

59958-1.jpg

If Argyle could have a green version of that stand I'd be very happy!

Sadly I think we're gona be looking at a 5k minimalist construction.

But to reiterate X Isle's point - the one or other arguement doesn't hold up. The stand isn't going to cost Argyle a penny so won't effect playing budget, and it won't distract the players from fighting relegation because they won't be thinking about new stand after they've crossed the white line.

Doesn't it say on the plans that its an increase in capacity, surely that means it will be at least 20000?

Jul 29, 2010
richy2704":22edzib0 said:
Baby Hair Johnson":22edzib0 said:
richy2704":22edzib0 said:
I wonder if Swansea fans in 2003 in div 4 when they finished above exeter just avoiding relegation to the conference leagues were bitching about the new ground they were about to build, or did they embrace it as a new start and then fight through the leagues to the prem within 10 yrs!

There are so many similarities its maddening the difference being some of our fans inability to see beyond this season, the liberty was started in 2003 and they had struggled on and off the pitch for a fair time so they were by no means safe when the plans went in or the ground was started, even the figure for the site built on was £50 million(proposed higher home park development £50 million)

I think if we stay up or go down we will then have the infrastructure and potential earning as well as ground that won't scare of potential signings before they put pen to paper and then hopefully success will follow.

They are regretting not building it bigger now though, when they had the chance, although granted, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

They have expansion plans in place to increase capacity to 32500, our stadium I believe reading somewhere that it is designed so that you can add on to the lyndhurst, devonport and bar park ends so get the Mayflower developed and then if we get to a level that requires additional seating then it is possible.

Confirmed, phase 1 had far greater foundations than were required. A rare piece of forward thinking from the past assists this piece of forward thinking TODAY.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
richy2704":2sp74r51 said:
Pafcintheplace":2sp74r51 said:
Fergy":2sp74r51 said:
The only aspect I'm concerned about is the no mention of capacity and the very bland looking sketches of the new grandstand. I was hoping the Grandstand would look something like Stoke City's West Stand which can accommodate 7,359 which would bump the overall capacity up to circa 22000-23000.

59958-1.jpg

But to reiterate X Isle's point - the one or other arguement doesn't hold up. The stand isn't going to cost Argyle a penny so won't effect playing budget, and it won't distract the players from fighting relegation because they won't be thinking about new stand after they've crossed the white line.

Doesn't it say on the plans that its an increase in capacity, surely that means it will be at least 20000?

They've said it will be an increase in 'seated' capacity, so even a stand of 3k would be an increase in seated capacity, because there are currently only 2k seats in the Mayflower.
My guess is that it won't be an increase in capacity at all.

P

pafcstafford

Pafcintheplace":1orp4ese said:
richy2704":1orp4ese said:
Pafcintheplace":1orp4ese said:
Fergy":1orp4ese said:

59958-1.jpg

They've said it will be an increase in 'seated' capacity, so even a stand of 3k would be an increase in seated capacity, because there are currently only 2k seats in the Mayflower.
My guess is that it won't be an increase in capacity at all.

So that would mean its an increase in capacity. i think 5 000 should be the minimum.

B

Baby Face Johnson

richy2704":37god7dg said:
Baby Hair Johnson":37god7dg said:
richy2704":37god7dg said:
I wonder if Swansea fans in 2003 in div 4 when they finished above exeter just avoiding relegation to the conference leagues were bitching about the new ground they were about to build, or did they embrace it as a new start and then fight through the leagues to the prem within 10 yrs!

There are so many similarities its maddening the difference being some of our fans inability to see beyond this season, the liberty was started in 2003 and they had struggled on and off the pitch for a fair time so they were by no means safe when the plans went in or the ground was started, even the figure for the site built on was £50 million(proposed higher home park development £50 million)

I think if we stay up or go down we will then have the infrastructure and potential earning as well as ground that won't scare of potential signings before they put pen to paper and then hopefully success will follow.

They are regretting not building it bigger now though, when they had the chance, although granted, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

They have expansion plans in place to increase capacity to 32500, our stadium I believe reading somewhere that it is designed so that you can add on to the lyndhurst, devonport and bar park ends so get the Mayflower developed and then if we get to a level that requires additional seating then it is possible.

Yes they do but I suspect clubs like Swansea (and us if we get there) will become yo-yo clubs and they'll never find the *right time to do the expansion. I'm fully hopeful to be proved wrong on this, however.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
I'm taking a longer term view with this.

So I have to say that I'm impressed thus far.

"Additional income generated for the club from matchday and non-matchday activity enabling the club to fund its progression back up the leagues in a financially sustainable fashion." - putting this season aside... which I know is difficult; this is a good thing.

Feb 21, 2008
Aerok":3jjqeg3h said:
I'm taking a longer term view with this.

So I have to say that I'm impressed thus far.

"Additional income generated for the club from matchday and non-matchday activity enabling the club to fund its progression back up the leagues in a financially sustainable fashion." - putting this season aside... which I know is difficult; this is a good thing.

How dare you be impressed, it's fashionable to be pessimistic so all this looking forward with optimism is just wrong :D

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
richy2704":8im25awe said:
Pafcintheplace":8im25awe said:
Fergy":8im25awe said:

59958-1.jpg

I think the current capacity isn't much over 15,000.

Aug 2, 2011
What a load of naive fools there are this site.. James Brent is not going to his personal
Piggy bank and investing £50m. The investment will be made by one or other investment businesses who will be borrowing the money from the markets with an anticipated return.

No lender will invest in a football club as a going concern let alone one that is at the bottom of the whole football league. Do you really believe he has an option to stick a few million into players. If you do I sincerely hope you stick to a job that does not involve financial investment.

Jul 29, 2010
Monkey Nuts":3vx8go2y said:
The actual stand looks a little underwhelming!

What were you expecting?, roman columns?, classical greek frescoes?, a sculptured garden with a water feature maybe?

I can see seats and executive boxes, a not unrealistic expectation for a football stand.

The NWO's plans looked more impressive I grant you. But then they were so pie in the sky unrealistic I stood a greater chance of being elected pope than they had of coming to reality.

It's fit for purpose AND it'll happen, two stone cold killer arguements that slay immediately any namby pamby notions of a lack of an aesthetic eloquence.

B

Baby Face Johnson

X Isle":3f9jkdqg said:
Monkey Nuts":3f9jkdqg said:
The actual stand looks a little underwhelming!

What were you expecting?, roman columns?, classical greek frescoes?, a sculptured garden with a water feature maybe?

I can see seats and executive boxes, a not unrealistic expectation for a football stand.

The NWO's plans looked more impressive I grant you. But then they were so pie in the sky unrealistic I stood a greater chance of being elected pope than they had of coming to reality.

It's fit for purpose AND it'll happen, two stone cold killer arguements that slay immediately any namby pamby notions of a lack of an aesthetic eloquence.

Something inbetween the two.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Are you feeling sufficient whelm though X'ey? - with what looks like a 4k-5k single tier stand?

Perhaps being greedy but was kinda hoping for something like Fergy posted earlier in this thread.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Stoke stand looks great but with the millions they are earning from Sky for being in the premiership then I would expect nothing else. We are a league 2 side so I think we need to get realistic.