Home Park Redevelopment | Page 47 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
N

NZGreen

X Isle":3e1n7qvk said:
NZGreen":3e1n7qvk said:
Laugh it up. Pam Ayres was chosen because that's who posters on atd referred to when discussing another of your sychophantic self congratulatory rants. I happen to think the comparison very, very, very funny.

Sorry?, oh dear, did you really just disclose that?. My my that's a window into your world that you really should have boarded up :lol:

You really haven't grasped this witty banter stuff have you. Let's just look at what you've done there. So you and your friends on t'other messageboard openly discuss my posts on PASOTI.......yet without having seemingly considered how far up the 'sad and lonely-o-meter' that takes you........you consciously elect to disclose that little embarrassing fact as a means to try and ridicule ME?

Priceless :funny:

Most of the guys on ATD are good sorts, several can give quality banter and comebacks worthy of the artform. I suspect they'll be very polite to you about it but they'll be cringing inside how your ham fisted arguement technique and back firing p155-take efforts are making ATD look.

Sorry everyone, it must be like watching Charles Hawtrey in a loin cloth having been sent over to fight Achilles. Shame really, ATD is normally much much better than this.

Mate you've been posting on here ad nauseum for well over a decade in various guises and have never taken losing an argument well as I recall with some mirth. You attempted to ridicule my comparison of your posting style and humour with that of Pam Ayres. This comparison was first brought up on ATD, without my participation I might add, and again, I think it very, very, very funny.

Anyway I see our owner will be answering the fans questions on the rebuild directly. I have put my questions forward, and I see many other fans are doing likewise. I welcome this, so a tentative well done to jb for agreeing to do this.

N

NZGreen

graiser":bdswoq32 said:
Surprised " Cretinous Sycophant" escaped they're attention as well as has been mentioned on here many times, it's ok i do realise what it means before my best mates! pop up with some derisory comments

No worries.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Back to basics.
This season in the Championship 8 clubs average over 18500 with 5 of those averaging over 22000. :think:
I think the proposal for HP is OK.

N

NZGreen

tigertony":ofy2517o said:
Back to basics.
This season in the Championship 8 clubs average over 18500 with 5 of those averaging over 22000. :think:

Good for you, if you're happy with what's on offer, it is important that you make this known either through the survey or the q&a session.

As somone who disagrees, I want you to know how important it is people make their feelings heard, because if nothing else it will lend weight to the final outcome, whatever that may be.

Feb 21, 2008
Biggs":28gpjtts said:
X-Isle...all the points you make are valid, but the main thrust on this board seems to be that we need to make sure we get the best POSSIBLE grandstand/development we can get NOW - within finance and planning restrictions. Not that we don't want it at all.

The current plans are clearly nowhere near that mark. Not in terms of design, capacity, thought, consideration or anything remotely suggesting Plymouth Argyle were a priority.

Surely, surely, you agree that we should push for the best possible design and capacity we can? It defies belief that you wouldn't.

I agree that we should push for as much as we can get but I would imagine that the other companies investing in the whole £50 million development will also effect the stand, if they are demanding a set size of unit and are putting in 10's of millions they will not give a toss about if we want more capacity or if we one day may require the fabled 20,000 seats.
I think JB has to juggle trying to give us what we want but has to give the investors what they demand and unless we as fans will stump up the development finances the best possible ground is basically a case of you get what your given.

My personal stance on it is I actually quite like it, I would like clarification on how much revenue Argyle will make from it because I remember when JB bought HHP that he said the club would get the stand built and all the money generated in the actual footprint of the stand goes to the club,(not the hotel, ice rink, cinema) this seems not to be the case, surely the units must have to pay at least a rent to the club for the unit even if profit doesn't go to the club?

M

Monkey Nuts

So what are the chances of all our objections actually forcing a rethink on capacity? Can we realistically expect to change James Brent's mind, or are we urinating in the proverbial wind?

B

bandwagon

Monkey Nuts":3fftge6b said:
So what are the chances of all our objections actually forcing a rethink on capacity? Can we realistically expect to change James Brent's mind, or are we urinating in the proverbial wind?

Got a horrible feeling the fans will get what we are given at the end of the day - another 2/3000 seats is going to be a bridge too far for him!! As a fan, this is a pivotal moment - Mr Brents true colours are being pinned to the digger!! :thumbdown:

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Totally underwhelmed by the scale and capacity. Should be at least 2 proper tiers taking us to at least 20000.

ON a different note to further give the stand an iconic look and an identity so that it is always clearly recognised (on TV / Media) why not erect on the roof , huge letters of A R G Y L E facing in all 4 directions which would be lit at night providing a true beacon and landmark across the city landscape.

ALso fully agree the 1930's entrance gate should be restored and maintained to its true former glory including the letters returning to wrought iron.

Finally would be good to have some decent floodlights again, old school style!

Oct 24, 2010
tigertony":2a1q9xlv said:
Back to basics.
15 of the 24 Championship clubs have had gates over 20,000 this season, that's why a 17,500 seater stadium is inadequate.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
esmer":1gpeyx3k said:
tigertony":1gpeyx3k said:
Back to basics.
15 of the 24 Championship clubs have had gates over 20,000 this season, that's why a 17,500 seater stadium is inadequate.

And yet the overall average in the Championship is 17,247, below the proposed capacity of the new Home Park.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":y5jul4by said:
esmer":y5jul4by said:
tigertony":y5jul4by said:
Back to basics.

And yet the overall average in the Championship is 17,247, below the proposed capacity of the new Home Park.

Surely irrelevant. It's an average. If a single club in the Champ has an average of 17,247, the likelihood is that figure would be made up of some big games of 25,000, and some low key games of say...10,000. Without the capacity for the higher mark, we're fatally hampering our ability to reach anything like that average and compete.

Oct 24, 2010
PL2 3DQ":3nzw5x15 said:
esmer":3nzw5x15 said:
tigertony":3nzw5x15 said:
Back to basics.

Quoting averages is misleading. Not every single Championship match gets an exact attendance of 17,247. Attendance vary with clubs league position, who the opposition are, weather etc. To get an average of 17,247 there would be many gates over 20,000, as I said 15 of the 24 clubs have had attendances over 20,000 this season but for all but nine of them their average is less than 20,000. If every stadium only had a capacity of 17,247 than the average would be far less.

R

RedGreen

PL2 3DQ":3pq1nqsn said:
esmer":3pq1nqsn said:
tigertony":3pq1nqsn said:
Back to basics.

That is just a desperate defence of the proposal and not really a well thought out reply!
Never mind, keep waving your JB flag!

Mar 21, 2013
I think we should all stop fixating on attendances of other clubs as it really has no relevance to us & what we get thru the gates at home Park, we are all aware of our average crowd throughout the various seasons & that's all that matters in this debate, what Wolves get really doesn't impact us.

Jul 29, 2010
Biggs":2nxl3u69 said:
X-Isle...all the points you make are valid, but the main thrust on this board seems to be that we need to make sure we get the best POSSIBLE grandstand/development we can get NOW - within finance and planning restrictions. Not that we don't want it at all.

The current plans are clearly nowhere near that mark. Not in terms of design, capacity, thought, consideration or anything remotely suggesting Plymouth Argyle were a priority.

Surely, surely, you agree that we should push for the best possible design and capacity we can? It defies belief that you wouldn't.

I do, I have all along, check back through the posts (if you don't have a life to live). I have no idea how someone wouldn't have noticed it.......it's not as if I haven't posted a bit on the subject!

I just feel in many posters there's a sense they'd rather object than engage in the principals of consultations and negotiations, would sooner see it rejected than approved, would rather throw the baby out, would rather resist the opportunity to move forward and do nothing.

One even didn't bother dancing round the subject and posted as much this morning. 'just bolt some seats on the Mayflower terrace' :facepalm: