Home Park Redevelopment | Page 48 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Jul 29, 2010
Greenblooded1":5s90tanr said:
Biggs":5s90tanr said:
X-Isle...all the points you make are valid, but the main thrust on this board seems to be that we need to make sure we get the best POSSIBLE grandstand/development we can get NOW - within finance and planning restrictions. Not that we don't want it at all.

The current plans are clearly nowhere near that mark. Not in terms of design, capacity, thought, consideration or anything remotely suggesting Plymouth Argyle were a priority.

Surely, surely, you agree that we should push for the best possible design and capacity we can? It defies belief that you wouldn't.
X-Isle doesn't understand negotiation & the establishment of position.

JB's is quite clear, so must ours be; cheap n cheerful isn't good enough.

......and GB1 doesn't understand Smiffy ;-)

Jul 29, 2010
NZGreen":316l3pl6 said:
X Isle":316l3pl6 said:
NZGreen":316l3pl6 said:
Laugh it up. Pam Ayres was chosen because that's who posters on atd referred to when discussing another of your sychophantic self congratulatory rants. I happen to think the comparison very, very, very funny.

Sorry?, oh dear, did you really just disclose that?. My my that's a window into your world that you really should have boarded up :lol:

You really haven't grasped this witty banter stuff have you. Let's just look at what you've done there. So you and your friends on t'other messageboard openly discuss my posts on PASOTI.......yet without having seemingly considered how far up the 'sad and lonely-o-meter' that takes you........you consciously elect to disclose that little embarrassing fact as a means to try and ridicule ME?

Priceless :funny:

Most of the guys on ATD are good sorts, several can give quality banter and comebacks worthy of the artform. I suspect they'll be very polite to you about it but they'll be cringing inside how your ham fisted arguement technique and back firing p155-take efforts are making ATD look.

Sorry everyone, it must be like watching Charles Hawtrey in a loin cloth having been sent over to fight Achilles. Shame really, ATD is normally much much better than this.

Mate you've been posting on here ad nauseum for well over a decade in various guises and have never taken losing an argument well as I recall with some mirth. You attempted to ridicule my comparison of your posting style and humour with that of Pam Ayres. This comparison was first brought up on ATD, without my participation I might add, and again, I think it very, very, very funny.

Anyway I see our owner will be answering the fans questions on the rebuild directly. I have put my questions forward, and I see many other fans are doing likewise. I welcome this, so a tentative well done to jb for agreeing to do this.

Ha ha, still going :funny:

I don't actually recall losing an arguement so not quite sure how you arrived there.

But there you go, we finally agree on something, good on JB :clap:

Mar 21, 2013
X Isle":2003art9 said:
I do, I have all along, check back through the posts (if you don't have a life to live). I have no idea how someone wouldn't have noticed it.......it's not as if I haven't posted a bit on the subject!

I just feel in many posters there's a sense they'd rather object than engage in the principals of consultations and negotiations, would sooner see it rejected than approved, would rather throw the baby out, would rather resist the opportunity to move forward and do nothing.

One even didn't bother dancing round the subject and posted as much this morning. 'just bolt some seats on the Mayflower terrace' :facepalm:

I think that's exactly it & something both sides can agree on, I imagine all the pro development supporters out there would love to see an increase in the capacity & hell I'd love it to have a more unique design but as argyle fans with green hearts spending other people's money it's easy to forget the other parts of this deal, by all means push & push in a polite & constructive manner to get the best stand for argyle but please be cautious because I would hate for us to be sat here in 5 years time still looking across at a very sad looking stand albeit full of wonderful memories.

Feb 6, 2012
St Ive, Cornwall
Although I have found myself slightly underwhelmed by the capacity of the new grandstand, taking personal snipes at people will get us nowhere!

X Isle, I have read posts of yours for quite some time and I have always been impressed by your use of the written word, however I do respectfully disagree with you that that the new grandstand is/will be exactly what we need. The corporate facilities seem to be of a 21st century standard, but I worry that more fuss is being made of those 600 fans than the 10x that figure currently attending matches.

However, I do agree that the overall project for HHP is a good one and my only issue is with future capcaity and the ability to expand the ground. I would not want HP to be 'hemmed in'

There is more that unites us than divides us people!!

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
X Isle":2cxn8mge said:
Greenblooded1":2cxn8mge said:
Biggs":2cxn8mge said:
X-Isle...all the points you make are valid, but the main thrust on this board seems to be that we need to make sure we get the best POSSIBLE grandstand/development we can get NOW - within finance and planning restrictions. Not that we don't want it at all.

The current plans are clearly nowhere near that mark. Not in terms of design, capacity, thought, consideration or anything remotely suggesting Plymouth Argyle were a priority.

Surely, surely, you agree that we should push for the best possible design and capacity we can? It defies belief that you wouldn't.
X-Isle doesn't understand negotiation & the establishment of position.

JB's is quite clear, so must ours be; cheap n cheerful isn't good enough.

......and GB1 doesn't understand Smiffy ;-)
Does anyone? ;)
I do understand how much you care for Argyle though, which matters more I guess, so I can forgive the occasional misread. :)

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
esmer":14k5w9na said:
Quoting averages is misleading. Not every single Championship match gets an exact attendance of 17,247. Attendance vary with clubs league position, who the opposition are, weather etc. To get an average of 17,247 there would be many gates over 20,000, as I said 15 of the 24 clubs have had attendances over 20,000 this season but for all but nine of them their average is less than 20,000. If every stadium only had a capacity of 17,247 than the average would be far less.

Don't forget segregation will also reduce the available capacity. So if we had a 17.5k ground we could lose anything from 500-1k+ due to segregation/closing of blocks.

Jul 25, 2011
greeneagle":1vlxaj31 said:
Charming stand in an attractive country setting.
Absolutely no relevance to Argyle's development.
I'm not sure if you've ever been to st Blazey but 'attractive country setting' :funny:
I can assure you Central Park is idyllic in comparison.
Btw it was the rows of seats I was comparing not what happened to be in the background. So therefor has every relevance to the point I was conveying actually.

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
:stir: :facepalm:
with-menace":2fnpvfjg said:
greeneagle":2fnpvfjg said:
I'm not sure if you've ever been to st Blazey but 'attractive country setting' :funny:
Btw it was the rows of seats I was comparing not what happened to be in the background. So therefor has every relevance to the point I was conveying actually.

Feb 21, 2011
Dalton Is God":8ppml9n2 said:
esmer":8ppml9n2 said:
Quoting averages is misleading. Not every single Championship match gets an exact attendance of 17,247. Attendance vary with clubs league position, who the opposition are, weather etc. To get an average of 17,247 there would be many gates over 20,000, as I said 15 of the 24 clubs have had attendances over 20,000 this season but for all but nine of them their average is less than 20,000. If every stadium only had a capacity of 17,247 than the average would be far less.

Don't forget segregation will also reduce the available capacity. So if we had a 17.5k ground we could lose anything from 500-1k+ due to segregation/closing of blocks.
Doesn't change the fact in six Years of championship football we only had ten gates higher than the proposed New capacity three of those were FA cup fixtures, also I think for three of those seasons the mayflower was a standing terrace with prices of around eleven quid. 18k is about what our fanbase requires on a week to week basis for championship football, we'd all like a 20k+ stadium but market forces dictate in the end.

Jul 25, 2011
greeneagle":1hdwz3l6 said:
with-menace":1hdwz3l6 said:
greeneagle":1hdwz3l6 said:

Mmm??
Yeah! Emoticons :crazy: :wtf:

Jul 25, 2011
Stuart_C":129w60ck said:
with-menace":129w60ck said:
Have bee searching for a pic of a stand with five rows of seats just to get a perspective of how it will look. After scouring the top ten divisions I couldn't find one but down in the peninsula I fould a this green gem.
Just so you know what it'll look like ....
http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/St._Bla ... yright.jpg
Wembley and Emirates have similar scaled tiers used for corporate only. Spooky that.
Spooky?