Home Park Redevelopment | Page 50 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Jul 25, 2011
crownhillpilgrim":w3nekvhx said:
Adam_R":w3nekvhx said:
How many of the "25k+ Brigade" were also prepared to watch a a Pheonix Club in a field somewhere not so long ago? I've never met JB, never will, but now he has saved the club, prepared to fund a new stand with no (financial) cost to the club yet people are still complaining it is too small.

If/When, 50% of the Devon and Cornwall population finally decide to watch Plymouth (which appears to be the assumption), as has been mentioned, some clever so-and-so will think of a plan. Brighton had to relaocate to build their new stand. Im sure we could as well if necessary.

Perspective: 2 years ago, we had the prospect of Non-League football of the poorest quality in the Dr Pepper SW League Division 8, probably not even being played at HP due to cost and low attendances. Now we are hopfully looking to rebuild as a League team with the potential of a shiney new stand to complete what the M7 couldn't/wouldnt do. Reality check peoples.

:clap:

Then again, let's spend 10million of someone else's money on a 8000 seater triple tiered stand in the vain hope we'll ever make the Premier League, just so we can strut round the bottom 2 divisions for the next 5 years bragging about how we're a 'big club'
Who on earths the '25,000+ brigade' ???
Glad you see the ridiculousness of gauging our needs while bottom of division four.
What I want to know is why any supposed argyle fan is happy to wave the white flag without even exploring alternatives. Bizzare behaviour, makes you wonder what their agenda is, personally I want the best stand possible for pacf not just roll over and let developers make millions off the back of the so far unlocked potential. The very least we should get out of this is a minimum capacity we've had since before the war.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":vo1rjjkf said:
GreenSam":vo1rjjkf said:
It'd be a lot easier to stomach if there was more certainty around the horseshoe development. Is it as easy as just clipping it onto the type. To the untrained eye, it doesn't look easy in terms of its architecture. And would this definetely be done if we got to the Championship? If the answers to both those two are yes then it's not too bad but I'm not sure they are.

I asked the question Sam, and I was given an unequivocal 'yes' by the architect.

Hence why I think the capacity is not prefect, but 100% understandable.

Ian, when were you told this by the architect? What architect was it? Akkeron's people have clearly said that this is not the case.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, the Akkeron man that attended each and every Grandstand meeting.

That's why I'm confused about this.

Let's hope that we can have some definative answers on what can be extended soon.

Hopefully, if a lot of questions are answered, those of us hung up about the capacity can move on.

Jul 25, 2011
IJN":18c58w79 said:
Yep, the Akkeron man that attended each and every Grandstand meeting.

That's why I'm confused about this.

Let's hope that we can have some definative answers on what can be extended soon.

Hopefully, if a lot of questions are answered, those of us hung up about the capacity can move on.
and unless that definitive answer is 'we're tearing up this plan and doing it properly' a lot of us will be moving on. I for one will not support any of this heist with a single penny out of my pocket.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The extensions. Surely nobody believes that is anything more than a sop? When they have provided cast-iron guarantees that these extensions are both possible and worth doing, then I'll believe in it. I find it hard to believe that the cost of building a few more rows on the current proposal is less economically sensible than the vaguely explained schemes I've read about extending the 'horseshoe'. Even if we could and needed to, say, rebuild the Devonport End, who actually thinks that it would happen and that the owners at the time would not make excuses for not doing it?

Jul 25, 2011
graiser":1l6no2h4 said:
James it would appear that there is considerable resistance to your proposal for a 17.5k capacity stadium even though the potential will always be there to increase when/IF we start becoming successful on the field again, considerable resistance also to retail units and functions suites which will assist in Argyle having a sustained business model, resistance to your motives and the fact that you, Akkeron and PAFC will heaven forbid make some money. So I suggest you take your funding subsidy away now, stick two fingers up to all of us and ride into the sunset, PAFC will go under and end up playing god knows where, in a what not league, cos we just ain't worth it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
Then ask yourself why he hasn't?
I'm sure it's for some deep seated love of plymouth argyle
Go on leave, dare you.

Jul 25, 2011
graiser":qomh7ulc said:
with-menace":qomh7ulc said:
graiser":qomh7ulc said:
James it would appear that there is considerable resistance to your proposal for a 17.5k capacity stadium even though the potential will always be there to increase when/IF we start becoming successful on the field again, considerable resistance also to retail units and functions suites which will assist in Argyle having a sustained business model, resistance to your motives and the fact that you, Akkeron and PAFC will heaven forbid make some money. So I suggest you take your funding subsidy away now, stick two fingers up to all of us and ride into the sunset, PAFC will go under and end up playing god knows where, in a what not league, cos we just ain't worth it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
Go on leave, dare you.

Would you go into business to lose money - would you - he's not a benefactor he's a business man - a rich one - and he didn't become one backing losers - so for me there's not much point in constructing a 20 k stadium on some idealistic romantic dream world you seem to be living in - the fellas stating its possible to increase the horseshoe capacity what's the problem with that, if we become successful and we sustain filling the ground too capacity then perhaps the potential to increase the ground can be realised, beggar now I see some talk on here about 25 k, well why don't we go for 42k cos we had a crowd that size in 61 or maybe 38k cos we had it in 1973, bleddy madness, what right have we got to have a big club mentality, big in Devon maybe, outside of Devon - no way Pedro, so for me lets get rid of that shed of a Grandstand pdq and get on with the development.
I support plymouth argyle. I'm not in the least bit bothered whether a multi millionaire makes himself yet more millions. If he was to threaten to leave should he not get his way I wouldn't stand in his way. I support argyle not James Brent.

M

Monkey Nuts

Just watching the England match and it appears that the Montenegro main stand must have been designed by Akkeron as well.

Feb 21, 2008
Pafcintheplace":ioj437ob said:
Monkey Nuts":ioj437ob said:
Just watching the England match and it appears that the Montenegro main stand must have been designed by Akkeron as well.

:funny:

The capacity in Podgorica is only 12000, amazingly it's good enough for a World Cup qualifier but is deemed to be 8000 seats to small for a fourth tier English side according to some :whistle:

Jul 25, 2011
graiser":3lwkcd0e said:
Go on leave, dare you.

Would you go into business to lose money - would you - he's not a benefactor he's a business man - a rich one - and he didn't become one backing losers - so for me there's not much point in constructing a 20 k stadium on some idealistic romantic dream world you seem to be living in - the fellas stating its possible to increase the horseshoe capacity what's the problem with that, if we become successful and we sustain filling the ground too capacity then perhaps the potential to increase the ground can be realised, beggar now I see some talk on here about 25 k, well why don't we go for 42k cos we had a crowd that size in 61 or maybe 38k cos we had it in 1973, bleddy madness, what right have we got to have a big club mentality, big in Devon maybe, outside of Devon - no way Pedro, so for me lets get rid of that shed of a Grandstand pdq and get on with the development.[/quote]
I support plymouth argyle. I'm not in the least bit bothered whether a multi millionaire makes himself yet more millions. If he was to threaten to leave should he not get his way I wouldn't stand in his way. I support argyle not James Brent.[/quote]

Me too, but ask yourself this, if it wasn't for JB saving us from extinction, instead of you and I swapping punches about the new development it could have been about relegation to the BSP south or whatever it's called these days[/quote]

What are you saying we've escaped relegation already then? Because the table I'm looking at says we're just one game off being bottom of the entire football league. Btw how much of the restructured debt had been paid out of JBs own pocket then? Never mind offset against what he stands to make from 'saving' us.

Jul 25, 2011
graiser":2da6mbia said:
You obviously would have preferred he didn't then and we would have been liquidated.
Don't tell me 'what I obviously think' because you haven't a scooby
Also I believe there were one two others who were bidding for the club. What a shame they were all self serving sharks. Brent doesn't give a crap about pacf and will vanish like a fart in the wind the second he's taken his pound of flesh.if you want evidence Just look at where we now

Derby Pilgrim

Jam First
Jun 20, 2011
South Derbyshire
As far as I see it with segregation we are only going to be able to have 16500(ish) attendences as a max and as someone quoted in another topic we AVERAGED 16400 in a Championship year. As this was an average some games would have been more, some less. IF we only have a 16500 capacity with segregation we are never going to average 16300 again as we are not going to sell out every game. I see this as a possible loss of earnings for PAFC.

This has mainly been based on assumptions and guesstimations so if I am wrong please help me with these.

Feb 21, 2011
esmer":235qzarw said:
BadBoy":235qzarw said:
And there's the crux "Several years at the top end of the championship" your advocating someone else spends an extra couple of million on the off chance we may at some point do something we have never been close to doing before. No one would be against provision for expansion and as posted earlier I would imagine some bright spark could sort the lyndehurst if necessary, I just want it built. The fact someone else is paying makes it an even nicer proposition. We must be the only fanbase in the country that would oppose this sort of opportunity.
Some of us see it as realistic ambition not an "off chance". Why shouldn't a city our size boast a good Championship team, what so far fetched about that?
Also, it mustn't be forgotten that nobody is giving us anything. Building the stand is payment for the development site
A site we don't own or have you forgotten our recent past, as for realistic ambition, given the money awash in the Prem and parachute payments etc within five years of now a struggling championship side will be about the height of our ambition that's realism not pie in the sky ambition.