Home Park Redevelopment | Page 52 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Oct 24, 2010
IJN":9vl0qetp said:
No mate it's not, I've said many time I'd love a bigger stand.

But Graham is the voice of reason, your is the voice of the AFT.
Tell me Ian, you're a proud Janner, how do you feel about Exeter Chiefs, and very likely, in time, Exeter City having a bigger ground than us. If the Trust are fighting against that then I am certainly with them.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I care nothing about eggchasing of any sort Richard, and if little old Exeter City want to share that portacabinned Sandy Lane, then good for them.

Whist St Aimless is half a sh*thole, the BIg Bank and Cowshed have football history (even if they weren't paid for) so I hope the Greeks don't sell out.

So, in a nutshell, if you're saying, 'Share with a Rugby Club' or stick to 17,500 at Home Park, give me the Theatre of Greens any time of the year.

I am a proud Janner mate, and that is my honest view.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
cheshiregreen":1wn802tt said:
Graham Clark":1wn802tt said:
Richard
Please see the attached record of the Council decision relating to Plymouth Argyle, the terms of the lease on the stadium and the terms of the acquisition of the Higher Home Park land

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/modgov?modgo ... Id%3D49807

You will see that your statement is totally inaccurate as the extract below from the attached Council minute demonstrates

"An an offer received from the administrator’s preferred purchasers of Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited, to sell Home Park stadium to the Council, and on the terms following which, the Council would lease the ground back to the club;
indicating that the prospective purchasers also wished to amend the covenants the Council had on adjoining land at Higher Home Park (currently owned by the football club) to align them to the Area Action Plan uses to enable the land to be used to support the future development of the football club. In addition the Council was asked to remove an option the Council had to purchase part of Higher Home Park. The value of that covenant amendment and loss of option is £425,000"

Since the acquisition of the HHP land by what was then Green Pilgrim (now PAFC Lt.) the land has been purchased by James Brent / Richard Holliday and another. The £465,000, which was the full market value of the land has now been paid separately to PAFC Ltd.

You will also know that payment cannot be made to obtain a planning permission, not least when some of the landownership is publicly owned. Any payments made by through a s106 agreement have to 'fairly and reasonably relate' to the planning requirements of the proposal.

I have said all along that the City Council hold the key to the development. As you have correctly pointed out there will have to be an additional rationalisation of land ownership between PCC and Akkeron but that is totally separate from any planning considerations as any planning application will be determined on the planning merits of the proposal in accordance with PCC adopted planning policy.

Wonder who "another" is and why that person has remained anonymous? :think:

Anthony Vaughan. No big deal, his name was reported at the time of the sale last year.

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":baz4x670 said:
I care nothing about eggchasing of any sort Richard, and if little old Exeter City want to share that portacabinned Sandy Lane, then good for them.

Whist St Aimless is half a sh*thole, the BIg Bank and Cowshed have football history (even if they weren't paid for) so I hope the Greeks don't sell out.

So, in a nutshell, if you're saying, 'Share with a Rugby Club' or stick to 17,500 at Home Park, give me the Theatre of Greens any time of the year.

I am a proud Janner mate, and that is my honest view.
Well it certainly ain't mine.

For the record I doubt anyone will describe Sandy Lane as "portacabinned" after it's had £24m spent on it. That's the Geeks's likely future.

Mar 17, 2011
I wouldn't worry too much about what might be happening at sandy park. The full development to get to the 20k capacity is about as likely to happen as the 45k version of home park for the World Cup was ie no chance. I'm sure there will be improvements done but it'll be a long time before they get much above the 10k minimum required by the rugby premiership. It's interesting that they are aiming for a ground roughly 3 times their average attendance over the last 3 years though, especially as last week vs Leicester was one of the few times they've ever reached the current capacity. We won't need 20k often but they'll never need it unless they get a tour match vs someone like the all blacks or a rugby World Cup game.

N

newquaygreen

Just back from my holiday :greensmile:

Not going to read 50+ pages but I will have my say anyway.

What other club has a chairman who is investing this sort of money on infastructure. Whatever we end up with will be better than what we have.

Go James...get it started asap
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Jul 25, 2011
newquaygreen":22y869w0 said:

What other club has a chairman who is investing this sort of money on infastructure. Whatever we end up with will be better than what we have.

Haven't read a word and it shows

with-menace":q2t6ju6z said:
newquaygreen":q2t6ju6z said:

With menace, you seem incredibly ill informed. JB has invested in the squad, heavily, he has also subsidised the football club this year to a hefty tune, he's also going to build a suk y new stand for no financial penalty to the club.

Yeah he's doing things wrong but to castigate him for the things he's doing ok is just stupid.

Jul 25, 2011
Leigh Rapson":2sphlira said:
with-menace":2sphlira said:
newquaygreen":2sphlira said:

With menace, you seem incredibly ill informed. JB has invested in the squad, heavily, he has also subsidised the football club this year to a hefty tune, he's also going to build a suk y new stand for no financial penalty to the club.

Yeah he's doing things wrong but to castigate him for the things he's doing ok is just stupid.
You seem to know a lot about how much of his personal fortune he's put into the club. Care to back that up with figures ?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
esmer":2bnboq4g said:
GreenAllOver":2bnboq4g said:
Another thing that has not been mentioned is the fact that if this goes ahead as planned, Exeter's Sandy Park will have a larger capacity as they intend to increase to 20,600 over the next few years. How embarrassing would that be.
They would be able to bid for bigger events and with the Airport just across the Motorway for easy access. Another case of Plymouth's loss is Exeter's gain.
When this goes ahead, it has to be the best in Devon and Cornwall or we risk losing out to them up the road.
I wonder if the Greeks will sell up and move in with the egg chasers?
I have lived in the Exeter are for a long time and have far less angst to all things Exeter than most on this site but even I find it hard to stomach the prospect that we will have a smaller stadium than a bunch of Exeter Egg Chasers.

The Chiefs have asked Exeter City to share Sandy Park, to date they have declined. It's highly unlikely they will turn down a 20,000 capacity stadium in a prime position so it is highly likely Exeter City will within the near future be playing in a bigger ground than us. If they can boost their attendances up towards the level of the rugby club as many think likely they will genuinely be the largest football club in Devon. No one would have said 10 years ago that Exeter would now be a good Premiership rugby team playing in front of 9-10,000 people, who's to say that Exeter City won't be a decent Championship team within 10 years. If they are then fair play to them but we will be struggling to catch them up in a woefully undersized stadium.

Esmer, I realise you have some excellent skills but I'm not sure you're the right guy to chair this Working Group; you're against the development proposals (as you keep saying on Pasoti) and you're from Exeter! :)
Surely someone who is independent and with an open mind but also a Plymouth Council Tax payer would be a better choice?
Mind you, if the Trust do want to stop the development then you are the right choice! We'll see.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
In relation to the likelihood of ECFC moving to Sandy Park, I was told (in a conversation with Steve Perryman!) that the offer for them to move there was probably an opportunity wasted, and that the offer won't be repeated again.

Of course as ever, never say never again, but the move doesn't seem to be highly likely in either the short or mid term, nor does it seem to be wanted by the Chiefs any more.

N

newquaygreen

Can we make sure the design ensures it can be used by local groups such as NHS Blood & Transplant to collect blood?

Jul 25, 2011
Haven't read a word and it shows[/quote]

Yeah he's doing things wrong but to castigate him for the things he's doing ok is just stupid.[/quote]
You seem to know a lot about how much of his personal fortune he's put into the club. Care to back that up with figures ?[/quote]

He didn't refer to any amount of cash or mention a fortune, you did that, but even the worse JB hater (except you of course) can't fail to acknowledge that JB has been subsidising the club, and thank God for that, because I don't see anybody riding over the horizon to offer anything better, do you ?[/quote]
Brent hater? Think you're a bit paranoid mate. Never said he or anyone else did mention the amount which is exactly why I'm asking you as you seem to be full of eternal gratitude I thought you'd obviously have a rough idea? Apparently not though.
As for 'riding over the horizon offering better' if you'd bothered reading previous posts which by your own admission have not you'd have know I'd be more than happy for mr Brent to leave well alone until someone or some group with the funding and will to do it properly are in place rather than lumber us with this abomination. Do yourself a favour and educate yourself on the subject by reading the many many posts on the subject. Btw I remember the screeches of 'he's put more money into this club than you ever have' when Stapleton was chief incompetent until it turned out he was actually extracting 90k pa or whatever it was.

Jul 25, 2011
graiser":10khka05 said:
with-menace":10khka05 said:

You seem to know a lot about how much of his personal fortune he's put into the club. Care to back that up with figures ?[/quote]

He didn't refer to any amount of cash or mention a fortune, you did that, but even the worse JB hater (except you of course) can't fail to acknowledge that JB has been subsidising the club, and thank God for that, because I don't see anybody riding over the horizon to offer anything better, do you ?[/quote]
Brent hater? Think you're a bit paranoid mate. Never said he or anyone else did mention the amount which is exactly why I'm asking you as you seem to be full of eternal gratitude I thought you'd obviously have a rough idea? Apparently not though.
As for 'riding over the horizon offering better' if you'd bothered reading previous posts which by your own admission have not you'd have know I'd be more than happy for mr Brent to leave well alone until someone or some group with the funding and will to do it properly are in place rather than lumber us with this abomination. Do yourself a favour and educate yourself on the subject by reading the many many posts on the subject. Btw I remember the screeches of 'he's put more money into this club than you ever have' when Stapleton was chief incompetent until it turned out he was actually extracting 90k pa or whatever it was.[/quote]

Shape up WM your responding to the wrong person[/quote]
For some reason this new 3 post thing doesn't work properly when responding on IPhone. The quotes just merge ?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

There are (thankfully) a small number on Pasoti who would unquestionably rubberstamp any Akkeron/JB proposal, almost literally in the blink of an eye. Then towards the opposite end of the scale there are a fair few who are deeply unhappy with the proposal - as it stands. That being the key phrase, AS IT STANDS.

People like Esmer, quite simply fall in to the latter category. They want more than is currently being proposed/offered, principally in terms of bottom-line capacity.

There are one or two notable posters on Pasoti whose opinions always tend to make sense. If Graham Clark has recommended someone for a certain position, it's a pretty fair bet that that recommendation is a sound one.