(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Lloyd Jones has attracted support on here in view of his local connection but I can only judge him from his time as a loanee at Argyle. He did not immediately gain selection once here, but injuries gained him a place. He was OK, but was not exactly stand-out in his performance. He reminded me of that CB guy with the Eastern European name, who was a former Liverpool apprentice, but was signed by Argyle from Yeovil Town. They were/are both tall players but their former Liverpool pedigree does not make then bomb proof as regards criticism. Argyle did not renew the contract for the ex-Yeovil player.
IMHO I think Argyle could do better in an alternative CB selection

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

As a free agent he's been available since September so why the interest now? Unless there's now room in the wage budget to sign him?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
PL2 3DQ":ur87dd4e said:

As a free agent he's been available since September so why the interest now? Unless there's now room in the wage budget to sign him?
Or could just be that Ryan wanted to give those already at the club every opportunity to prove themselves in league 1 but is now realising that with all the coaching in the world they might not be up to it?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":1hlm02io said:
This suggestion is normally started by ‘Jannerincardiff’.

Nothing to do with me this time ...
I just think he’s a decent player that’s all.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I thought he was OK last time around. Mobile, good on the ball and would probably fit well into this system. Providing he was a replacement for Opoku/Wootton as backup, I would be in favour of this. I would like to think we can bring in another centre back of higher quality for a starting berth.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Graham Clark":3ah25lm4 said:
Below are the details of the Premier League’s financial package for EFL clubs. Argyle will get (or have already got) £375,000 plus a share of £15m based on lost gate receipts. This is shared between all EFL clubs including hose in the Championship so may be more of a five figure sum.

The monitored grant is more based on need and as Simon Hallett has already confirmed that he has paid a large but final sum into the Club (£3.5m I think) into the Club it is likely we may not qualify for that grant in front of over Clubs in greater need without the same level of resources. On that basis we should be free to conduct any transfer business as the budget allows for without restriction.

A £30million grant to be paid immediately from the Premier League to EFL Clubs for distribution based on lost gate receipts in respect of the 2019/20 and 2020/21 Season.
Each Club will receive a minimum payment of £375,000 in League One and £250,000 in League Two.
The remaining £15m to be distributed using a lost gate revenue share calculation, which will be approved by both the EFL and the Premier League.
In addition, a further £20m ‘Monitored Grant’ is to be provided with Clubs able to apply for it based on ‘need’, with a joint EFL and Premier League panel to determine Club eligibility.
Clubs subsequently in receipt of a ‘monitored grant’ will be subject to certain restrictions, in respect to transfer spend and player wages.

Clubs who keep to the restrictions will not have to repay any of the funding required, whereas for Clubs in breach, the ‘monitored grant’ becomes repayable by the Club.
Any Club in receipt of a grant or monitored grant payment will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL’s financial regulations.

So, the way I read this, is that Argyle will get a minimum of £375k, PLUS a share of the remainder of that £15M pot relative to lost gate revenue, regardless. The CONDITIONAL piece is on a further £20M "Monitored Grant", relative to the needs of each club.

Jul 6, 2011
oldage":1wbtoctp said:
There is a reason he is without a club. We might as well stick with what we've got than sign him.

If that's your opinion I would say sign him up. :greensmile:

Apr 1, 2008
Saltash
Thought he showed enough on loan to warrant another look. Still young and improving, big, strong, comfortable on the ball and quick enough. Could be a wee gem (in Luggy speak).

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
73 games in 5 years, 7 different teams, is not inspiring and has not played a game since last season almost 9 months ago. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Jul 12, 2016
Ottawa Green":5n8wp6ld said:
73 games in 5 years, 7 different teams, is not inspiring and has not played a game since last season almost 9 months ago. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :
Try telling briangreen that :funny:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
jimsing":3hm9xsgb said:
Seems to have agreed to go back to Northampton Town.

Really.