(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton)

C

Cult Of Personality

Looks let not judge him on his last time down here. The team he played for when he was last down here was a mess at the back and free falling down the league. Adams never seemed like a manager who motivated people and he was still a young lad.

Now Lowe for his tactical faults does seem like someone who can put his arm around a player motivate them and get them back to there ability . This might be a great move for both player and club

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
No Adams was actually brilliantl at motivating players.

Carey, Oscar, Jake, Sarce, Sonny, Songo, Taylor, all were unsettled prior to coming here and played some of their best Football under Dereks motivation!

Sep 2, 2008
Cult Of Personality":fhafuug5 said:
Looks let not judge him on his last time down here. The team he played for when he was last down here was a mess at the back and free falling down the league. Adams never seemed like a manager who motivated people and he was still a young lad.

Now Lowe for his tactical faults does seem like someone who can put his arm around a player motivate them and get them back to there ability . This might be a great move for both player and club

So whats changed? :funny: He is not the answer. I would much rather we look somewhere else.

Jul 12, 2016
Cult Of Personality":3lup0vi8 said:

"The team he played for when he was last down here was a mess at the back and free falling down the league." Apart from the last game this could be a description of our current situation. If he couldn't improve us in the 2nd division what makes you think he can in the 1st?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
edmonds200":3e7u9oow said:
No Adams was actually brilliantl at motivating players.

Carey, Oscar, Jake, Sarce, Sonny, Songo, Taylor, all were unsettled prior to coming here and played some of their best Football under Dereks motivation!
I was with you in supporting Derek Adams right up to the last few weeks and all the evidence of that period suggests that he had ‘lost the dressing room’ culminating in the disastrous defeat at Accrington. I don’t know what caused the problems and maybe you know more about that than most of us.
He was a good manager and I still believe that he will have a successful career. I am pleased that he is doing well at Morecambe.
Perhaps, it will all come out in a book one day.
I am now fully supportive of our current management team and players and Derek Adams is history.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Im behind the current manager too -100%. Just replying to the false statement that DA was not good at motivating. RL dealt with Tammy very well and didn't let him cause unrest in the camp. DA should have done that with a certain striker at the back end of that ill fated relegation season.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
edmonds200":3cyjjde2 said:
Im behind the current manager too -100%. Just replying to the false statement that DA was not good at motivating. RL dealt with Tammy very well and didn't let him cause unrest in the camp. DA should have done that with a certain striker at the back end of that ill fated relegation season.
That is what I, and many other supporters, believe.

Jul 12, 2016
German Shepherd":12c9e62b said:
Even though he was only on loan, I remember seeing Lloyd-Jones visibly distraught after the Scunthorpe game so he must feel something for the club.
Not necessarily. Perhaps he realised he'd blown his chance of impressing the club!

Aug 5, 2016
edmonds200":1qgcmwvg said:

Bit unprofessional of Tammy Abraham to be trying to cause unrest at Argyle!

You say it didn't cause any unrest yet we lost 6 matches in a row. What happens when morale does start to dip then?

Aug 5, 2016
German Shepherd":18h9cysj said:
Even though he was only on loan, I remember seeing Lloyd-Jones visibly distraught after the Scunthorpe game so he must feel something for the club.

Whereas I saw Ryan Edwards swearing and gesticulating at our own fans, (before turning down his contract offer and signing for Blackpool).

This was less than a minute after the full time whistle which saw the club get relegated!

What a lovely chap.

It has to be said, the fans were peed up TCE type morons, venting after watching their club get relegated, but still, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Edwards swearing and getting aggressive at his own fans after relegating their team.

Sep 2, 2008
edmonds200":30brs6u1 said:

I notice that Opoku isn't featuring much recently either. Was the Fulham collective creating problems?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
oldage":2q3mluv0 said:
Cult Of Personality":2q3mluv0 said:

"The team he played for when he was last down here was a mess at the back and free falling down the league." Apart from the last game this could be a description of our current situation. If he couldn't improve us in the 2nd division what makes you think he can in the 1st?

We were in League One last time he played for us.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Being right footed, I doubt Jones will be competing with Sawyer and Watts for the left centre back slot, which leaves the other 4.

Obviously the past few months have been dire for us, but overall I'd still say we are a better team at this level than we were under Adams in 18/19, and with better defensive protection from behind, potentially slightly better protection in front. Taking that into account, and judging Jones on how he performed for us last time, I'd say he won't be an upgrade on Canavan, will be an upgrade on Wootton and Opoku, and will be a similar level to Aimson. So not much of an upgrade overall but at least will give us more strength in depth.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We haven't seen Jones play in a back three, only in a back four alongside one other centre-back in a team about to be relegated.

Playing in a back three might revitalise him as it did with Wootton, Canavan and Sawyer last season.

It now looks like Opoku's loan will end as planned after the Christmas games and not be extended.