(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":2styisx3 said:
I’m hearing he is coming to us.

What’s your source Ian?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’m not sure that he would be our answer to an experienced, dominating centre back but he has more experience than Opoku and, as a local lad, is probably very motivated to join the club.
He would, in effect, be another ‘one of our own’.
He could be a useful addition to our squad.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pogleswoody":dmf9fdap said:
oldage":dmf9fdap said:
I hope they are social distancing.

It is very difficult to get near that family, let alone within 2m. Almost impossible to keep up with them. :whistle:

Terrible Pogles just Terrible ... :lol:

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":1qqx50y3 said:
Someone close to the Jones family.

Thanks Ian.. :thumbup:

Jul 12, 2016
Quintrell_Green":sergi1b9 said:
jimsing":sergi1b9 said:
IJN":sergi1b9 said:
I’m hearing he is coming to us.

So who is leaving?

Move on to the past tense, I thought he had left for Craven Cottage? On the other hand he might be begging a lift to London with the squad for the Charlton game.
Still being coached then!

Sep 2, 2008
Ottawa Green":2mebjpeq said:
73 games in 5 years, 7 different teams, is not inspiring and has not played a game since last season almost 9 months ago. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I agree. Considering that RL tells us that his phone is constantly ringing with players wanting to play for him and all we end up with is Jones then that can only mean that we are either desperate or the players constantly calling RL's phone are not defenders....or maybe players aren't constantly ringing his phone and once again he is just telling us what we want to hear. It seemed to me that Jones fitted in nicely at the back when we were in league two. He didn't stand out and he certainly didn't look a cut above the rest so I'm not convinced he will be the answer for us in league one. He's been passed around numerous clubs and not settled at any so there must be a reason for this. I noticed he has come to the notice of the constabulary in his early days so maybe its an attitude thing or maybe its simply that whereas he may have shown some promise in his youth he hasn't really developed any further. Its a :thumbdown: from me as well OG.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Pottypilgrim":cc0lk354 said:
Ottawa Green":cc0lk354 said:
73 games in 5 years, 7 different teams, is not inspiring and has not played a game since last season almost 9 months ago. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I agree. Considering that RL tells us that his phone is constantly ringing with players wanting to play for him and all we end up with is Jones then that can only mean that we are either desperate or the players constantly calling RL's phone are not defenders....or maybe players aren't constantly ringing his phone and once again he is just telling us what we want to hear. It seemed to me that Jones fitted in nicely at the back when we were in league two. He didn't stand out and he certainly didn't look a cut above the rest so I'm not convinced he will be the answer for us in league one. He's been passed around numerous clubs and not settled at any so there must be a reason for this. I noticed he has come to the notice of the constabulary in his early days so maybe its an attitude thing or maybe its simply that whereas he may have shown some promise in his youth he hasn't really developed any further. Its a :thumbdown: from me as well OG.

Whether Lloyd Jones is the answer remains to be seen. However, in the current climate, it might be even more difficult to attract players down to Home Park. The benefits are we might be offering him a short term deal with incentives and I cannot imagine wages will be huge.

I wonder if the Opoku loan will be extended?

Incidentally, Will Aimson's career before he joined us was very similar to Lloyd Jones's in terms of numbers of clubs and appearances over a period of 7 years.

Jul 12, 2016
Pottypilgrim":whe3qcfc said:
Ottawa Green":whe3qcfc said:

Spot on.