(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Dan Ellard":cf99buaa said:
Being right footed, I doubt Jones will be competing with Sawyer and Watts for the left centre back slot, which leaves the other 4.

Obviously the past few months have been dire for us, but overall I'd still say we are a better team at this level than we were under Adams in 18/19, and with better defensive protection from behind, potentially slightly better protection in front. Taking that into account, and judging Jones on how he performed for us last time, I'd say he won't be an upgrade on Canavan, will be an upgrade on Wootton and Opoku, and will be a similar level to Aimson. So not much of an upgrade overall but at least will give us more strength in depth.

And yet both Sawyer and Watts play the left back role as apparent right footers. Surely not?

Apr 1, 2009
Dan Ellard":2kyoerv6 said:
Being right footed, I doubt Jones will be competing with Sawyer and Watts for the left centre back slot, which leaves the other 4.

Obviously the past few months have been dire for us, but overall I'd still say we are a better team at this level than we were under Adams in 18/19, and with better defensive protection from behind, potentially slightly better protection in front. Taking that into account, and judging Jones on how he performed for us last time, I'd say he won't be an upgrade on Canavan, will be an upgrade on Wootton and Opoku, and will be a similar level to Aimson. So not much of an upgrade overall but at least will give us more strength in depth.

Pretty much how I see it. Adding depth, but not someone who will significantly improve us (which is what we need). Hope I'm wrong.

Jul 12, 2016
Lobster":1ckmgouy said:
oldage":1ckmgouy said:
Cult Of Personality":1ckmgouy said:
Looks let not judge him on his last time down here. The team he played for when he was last down here was a mess at the back and free falling down the league. Adams never seemed like a manager who motivated people and he was still a young lad.

Now Lowe for his tactical faults does seem like someone who can put his arm around a player motivate them and get them back to there ability . This might be a great move for both player and club
"The team he played for when he was last down here was a mess at the back and free falling down the league." Apart from the last game this could be a description of our current situation. If he couldn't improve us in the 2nd division what makes you think he can in the 1st?

We were in League One last time he played for us.
Oops ;)

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
oldage":2z4hdw6z said:
Lobster":2z4hdw6z said:
oldage":2z4hdw6z said:
Cult Of Personality":2z4hdw6z said:
Looks let not judge him on his last time down here. The team he played for when he was last down here was a mess at the back and free falling down the league. Adams never seemed like a manager who motivated people and he was still a young lad.

Now Lowe for his tactical faults does seem like someone who can put his arm around a player motivate them and get them back to there ability . This might be a great move for both player and club
"The team he played for when he was last down here was a mess at the back and free falling down the league." Apart from the last game this could be a description of our current situation. If he couldn't improve us in the 2nd division what makes you think he can in the 1st?

We were in League One last time he played for us.
Oops ;)

Completely forgivable to try and forget that season.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Dodged a bullet there.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was told he was signing for us so it must have been a money thing I reckon.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
IJN":bmxt8nyu said:

Was.probably worried about getting into the team ? Or was he worried about completely finishing his career being a scapegoat for a system that doesn't suit defenders

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":1obhbo1o said:

Not money.