How long this season? Lockdown #3 Merged | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How long this season? Lockdown #3 Merged

I’ve now heard two radio sports pundits musing on the likelihood of an early season finish if the number of cancelled games through Covid continues to increase. Obvious concern for us is that our current form may have us in the drop zone at exactly the wrong time. I assume that a minimum number of games would need to be completed before an early season end decided promotions and relegations. I wonder what that number would be.

I guess another option, with the vaccine round the corner, would be a mid-season break. With our current form this might be to our advantage.

I’m usually glass half full, but I’ve an ‘orrible sense of foreboding about this.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah, there would be NO WAY a 46 game season could be decided after 20-odd games. The argument last season was that the tables had taken shape and that teams far ahead had done too much for it to be written off.

Would have to be 30 games, at the very very least. Though I share your sense of foreboding... just in general :lol:

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
davie nine":2bpu23ga said:
Has EFL decided how promotion and relegation will be decided if this season is curtailed like last season?
Judging from what we are being told by the Government this variant is spreading like wildfire, nearly 1000 deaths today Wed.
Football and sport in general is no exception, I understand that Covid tests will be carried out on Clubs next week prior to the next round of the FA Cup, no doubt this will throw up a lot of posponement's.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
mervyn":p0sbpgzr said:
I’ve now heard two radio sports pundits musing on the likelihood of an early season finish if the number of cancelled games through Covid continues to increase. Obvious concern for us is that our current form may have us in the drop zone at exactly the wrong time. I assume that a minimum number of games would need to be completed before an early season end decided promotions and relegations. I wonder what that number would be.

I guess another option, with the vaccine round the corner, would be a mid-season break. With our current form this might be to our advantage.

I’m usually glass half full, but I’ve an ‘orrible sense of foreboding about this.

Right now, in the average points per game table for League One, Argyle stay in the same position that they occupy in the normal table.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Accrington v Pompey on Sat 2nd off due to frozen pitch.

Assuming our game with Gillingham goes ahead, Stanley will have played 5 games less than us and will have at least four points more than us. :crazy:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Two more games gone since my earlier post, both COVID impacted.

Brentford v Bristol City and Luton v QPR.

I fear a season suspension can't be far away.

Sep 6, 2006
cheshiregreen":1237fr0j said:

Why because 2 games are off?!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Balham_Green":3eblrysv said:
cheshiregreen":3eblrysv said:

Seems reasonable don't you think? :eh: :greensmile:

May 8, 2011
cheshiregreen":14e10mr1 said:
Balham_Green":14e10mr1 said:
cheshiregreen":14e10mr1 said:

Seems reasonable don't you think? :eh: :greensmile:

2 matches are off due to frozen pitches, so should the league be suspended until it gets warmer?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
4 games off in League 1 tomorrow and another moved to Monday night.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ottawa Green":1dcow4xo said:
4 games off in League 1 tomorrow and another moved to Monday night.

Monday game - Fleetwood v Ipswich is off too. COVID cases at home club. Tractor Boys last played on 15th December.