How long this season? Lockdown #3 Merged | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How long this season? Lockdown #3 Merged

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Herts_Green":2m3twn7x said:
Personally I think it’s absolutely right that professional football continues. Mostly because being able to watch football is one of the very few things to look forward to in the forthcoming lockdown. There are so many people struggling with mental health issues due to loneliness etc and for some of them watching football can help. I know it does for me.

Agree with this.

I would say though if any premier league footballer is found to be having parties like a few have over the last 2 weeks they should be banned for the season.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i think below the premier will cease before the next round of league matches in two weeks time.feel so sorry for the halletts. :sad:

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Daz":1um4gn75 said:
Herts_Green":1um4gn75 said:
Personally I think it’s absolutely right that professional football continues. Mostly because being able to watch football is one of the very few things to look forward to in the forthcoming lockdown. There are so many people struggling with mental health issues due to loneliness etc and for some of them watching football can help. I know it does for me.

Agree with this.

I would say though if any premier league footballer is found to be having parties like a few have over the last 2 weeks they should be banned for the season.

While I support the banning of players who have broken the rules. I don't think it needs to bee quite that draconic.

They should serve the quarantine period and then a punishment period, decided by the club, but no less than 5 weeks.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3a95kxvk said:
i think below the premier will cease before the next round of league matches in two weeks time.feel so sorry for the halletts. :sad:

Why do you think that? Professional sport is to continue.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Balham_Green":113aqu1i said:
Steve Evans":113aqu1i said:

Infections amongst players & staff on the increase. Many EFL games already been postponed.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":uy0hdbye said:
Steve Evans":uy0hdbye said:

:facepalm: the cost balham!you think about it!!!!!!!!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Steve Evans":sa1g6p8i said:
Balham_Green":sa1g6p8i said:
Steve Evans":sa1g6p8i said:

What are you on about? I could understand if you said because of infections, but the cost of playing games has nothing to do it.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":1tt2dg5q said:
Balham_Green":1tt2dg5q said:
Steve Evans":1tt2dg5q said:

So tell us what costs?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":eeds57df said:
Steve Evans":eeds57df said:
Balham_Green":eeds57df said:
Steve Evans":eeds57df said:

So tell us what costs?
salaries,travel,hotels,covid tests all coupled with no gate receipts.think about it.

Feb 8, 2005
All depends on the results of the EFL wide covid tests, I reckon.

Should be known soon.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Steve Evans":39fs5lwv said:
Balham_Green":39fs5lwv said:
Balham_Green":39fs5lwv said:

So tell us what costs?
salaries,travel,hotels,covid tests all coupled with no gate receipts.think about it.

They’ve not changed since the start of the season. No team would have budgeted for fans coming in and since then there are the payments from the premier league.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":19hsj4dc said:
Balham_Green":19hsj4dc said:
Balham_Green":19hsj4dc said:

So tell us what costs?

So how has lockdown changed that? You need to think about it perhaps.

May 8, 2011
Listening to an interview yesterday it seems only players and staff who haven’t yet tested positive are being tested, at Accrington that meant only 6 people were tested yesterday.