How long this season? Lockdown #3 Merged | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How long this season? Lockdown #3 Merged

May 22, 2006
Bristol City are currently on a poor run and have a number of players injured. The statement City released yesterday was:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/brentford-match-postponed/
COVID-19 symptoms have today (Friday) become evident within the City squad.
Due to the New Year Bank Holiday closure of the testing laboratory, it has not been possible to arrange the testing of the entire squad and backroom staff ahead of tomorrow’s match at the Brentford Community Stadium.

The EFL have agreed to the postponement but certainly Bees supporters are not happy.

Feb 8, 2005
Surely you are not insinuating that Brentford are suggesting that Bristol City are taking advantage of covid because of their injury list, and have been successful in persuading the EFL to postpone their match in order to gain a possible advantage when the replay has been re-arranged?

Now where is that tongue in cheek emoji??

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Swindon v Wigan off Frozen pitch.

Dec 3, 2005
With the possibility of stricter rules/guidlines or laws coming our way tonight, will football be allowed to carry on?

Surely even having 'elite sportsmen and women' travelling all over the country cannot be any good to sorting this mess out.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
I think it's going to be suspended, at least the EFL, maybe not the premiership.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55530424

With the on going testing of players and staff, which started today, we may find that there are very few clubs who could field a team.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
'Fixtures will continue taking place as long as it is safe to do so ....'

They will? It is safe now? Who will decide when it isn't safe?

It's just nonsense. As the Rochdale Chairman says lives are far more important.

All this trying to push the envelope when we should all have crawled back into the envelope and sealed it till the vaccines kick in. :facepalm:

Jun 27, 2019
The Premier League will lobby hard against a suspension. They already owe Sky £170m from when the league was suspended last spring so will fight tooth and nail to keep playing.

Dec 3, 2005
WoodsyGreen":hum76dwn said:
The Premier League will lobby hard against a suspension. They already owe Sky £170m from when the league was suspended last spring so will fight tooth and nail to keep playing.

I don't think money should enter the discussion, when lives are at risk.

Jun 27, 2019
djg145":16bznhy2 said:
WoodsyGreen":16bznhy2 said:

You know it will, though.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
djg145":3mx1pal7 said:
WoodsyGreen":3mx1pal7 said:

It’s the Premiersh1t and Sky being talked about here...both are interested in one thing and only one thing...money!

Dec 3, 2005
Andy_S":ea8e6hyz said:
djg145":ea8e6hyz said:
WoodsyGreen":ea8e6hyz said:

It’s the Premiersh1t and Sky being talked about here...both are interested in one thing and only one thing...money!

Sadly very true, some of the top premier clubs can survive without any supporters actually watching games. With all the TV money and merchandise.

Jun 27, 2019
BREAKING: Government says elite sports including Premier League football WILL continue despite new lockdown rules.

Jul 14, 2008
Personally I think it’s absolutely right that professional football continues. Mostly because being able to watch football is one of the very few things to look forward to in the forthcoming lockdown. There are so many people struggling with mental health issues due to loneliness etc and for some of them watching football can help. I know it does for me.