I honestly think we will survive.... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I honestly think we will survive....

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I too think we will survive. I think our problems are fixable and we’re starting to see key players like Sawyer and Taylor coming back from injury. Conor Grant will be back in early Jan I reckon too. We create chances and have a striker in good form. Like others have said a decent CB could make such a difference.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
jespafc":1dmrw66h said:
nick_PASTIE":1dmrw66h said:
To many ifs and buts. I get the impression that senior players are not happy this season, and some of the quotes from Macey worry me that he thinks a point was actually an acceptable result at the weekend. The players have very low expectations, hamstrung by a Manager whose philosophy has been “worked out” with a back room limited in inspiration and ability.

There are no grounds for optimism, the only teams we have beaten have been super crap and there aren’t enough of those games to get us to 50 points unless we have a change in the way the Management approach things or a change in the Management.

Macey said, "it was really important to get the 3 points, which we haven't done."

He also had the decency to hold his hand up and apologize for his performance on Saturday and admit that he was disappointed. Pretty frank and mature comments from a young goalkeeper still learning his way.
we don't want some other clubs learner here mate.mike cooper or letheren should be selected in my opinion.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Other teams at the bottom of the league will also be using January to strengthen so it's not just about what we do.

We have to do more and better than the others which after the summer's debacle I am highly sceptical of.

We know we haven't got cash to throw around and we know we need at least a complete new back 5 or we are doomed.

Far from being optimistic I would say #relegationisnailedon

May 8, 2011
samjones":1cp5iwts said:
Other teams at the bottom of the league will also be using January to strengthen so it's not just about what we do.

We have to do more and better than the others which after the summer's debacle I am highly sceptical of.

We know we haven't got cash to throw around and we know we need at least a complete new back 5 or we are doomed.

Far from being optimistic I would say #relegationisnailedon

I would expect a mixture of signings in January, some short term loans to bolster squad size and position cover and others that Adams will want for the long term, which may give a hint on who wont be offered a new contract or has indicated they aren’t going to sign one.

Apr 30, 2011
Luke hasn't played many games for Swindon so assume he is not first choice. Wonder if we could get him back on loan. He's not as agile as Macey but is experienced, confident and vocal which I think would be more of a tonic for our defence at the moment. The alternative is to gamble on another young player on loan.

Oct 14, 2015
Getting defenders in is the priority in my opinion, not another keeper. We could sigh Jordon Pickford but he on his own wouldn't save us. Two Centre Backs, a right back and couple of ball winning hard tackling midfielders to give us a bit of bite..

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Welwyn Pilgrim":2rvwops9 said:
Getting defenders in is the priority in my opinion, not another keeper. We could sigh Jordon Pickford but he on his own wouldn't save us. Two Centre Backs, a right back and couple of ball winning hard tackling midfielders to give us a bit of bite..

Yep spot on I agree.

The defence is beyond saving and requires a complete fresh start. Its a complete disaster zone.
We need a tall commanding defender and a fast covering partner for him - how about Bradley and Vyner, and Oscar Threlkeld for that :coat:
Oh we did have them and let them go :coat: :coat:

Massive mistake by DA, massive.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Without the defence getting shored up we'll be close to relegation for the remainder of the season.
I just hope we don't go down as I'm not sure we'd do much better in Div 2.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
samjones":2rp67w3h said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2rp67w3h said:

Yep spot on I agree.

The defence is beyond saving and requires a complete fresh start. Its a complete disaster zone.
We need a tall commanding defender and a fast covering partner for him - how about Bradley and Vyner, and Oscar Threlkeld for that :coat:

Ummm was that Adams? Vyner wasn't ours to keep, seems like Sonny and Oscar wanted to leave by the sounds of it unless the board stumped up an amount of cash to keep them. So sorry that doesn't fit in with your agenda.

Oct 4, 2017
All hinges on what we do in January really. Still a bit baffled as to why Peter Grant hasn't played more, looked better than any of the others to me. Moore has to go, the lad doesn't sense danger and its cost us. Macey is too inconsistent for this league unfortunately, maybe if he had a better defence to protect him then it wouldn't be so obvious or costly.

I still hold out hope that we'll dig ourselves out this mess though. At least we aren't goal shy

Jul 3, 2013
jespafc":dmetr56v said:
samjones":dmetr56v said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":dmetr56v said:

Yep spot on I agree.

Ummm was that Adams? Vyner wasn't ours to keep, seems like Sonny and Oscar wanted to leave by the sounds of it unless the board stumped up an amount of cash to keep them. So sorry that doesn't fit in with your agenda.

Bang on, Bradley was leaving regardless and Oscar wanted to play in another country. Vyner wasn't ours as stated. Adams can be blamed for the quality of replacements but certainly not the departures.

Sep 6, 2006
Stiffler":35shc52r said:
jespafc":35shc52r said:
samjones":35shc52r said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":35shc52r said:

Yep spot on I agree.

Bang on, Bradley was leaving regardless and Oscar wanted to play in another country. Vyner wasn't ours as stated. Adams can be blamed for the quality of replacements but certainly not the departures.

And your information is based on what? Do you know Bradley wanted to leave? Spoken to him have you? Also rumour has it, only rumour that Oscar was very unhappy with the way he was treated and unwilling to play for Adams.

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":3s7tue72 said:
Stiffler":3s7tue72 said:
jespafc":3s7tue72 said:
samjones":3s7tue72 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":3s7tue72 said:

Yep spot on I agree.

And your information is based on what? Do you know Bradley wanted to leave? Spoken to him have you? Also rumour has it, only rumour that Oscar was very unhappy with the way he was treated and unwilling to play for Adams.

I take it you haven’t read the couple of interviews that Oscar gave about his leaving, didn’t sound like what you suggested.