I honestly think we will survive.... | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I honestly think we will survive....

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
If you can’t see it, there’s no point explaining further.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":23mmr37g said:
davie nine":23mmr37g said:
It was explained by Simon Hallett, in some detail, at the Fans’ Forum, that DA and the Board wanted to keep Bradley but there was a limit to what they could offer without causing discontent among the existing players. That limit was exceeded by Luton’s offer, unfortunately. Michael Dunford also explained that DA is highly principled, truthful and trustworthy and that he is committed to maintaining a good team spirit within the squad.
It was also explained that Threlkeld’s reason for leaving was that he was very keen to play abroad and that money was not the stumbling block.

Nobody said money was the stumbling block. The rumour was the problem was his relationship with Mr Adams. Regarding Bradley IF you believe the club story then Carey is also not earning that much.
I DO believe the club stories about Sonny and Oscar and yes, like Metal Green Mickey, I honestly think we will survive.

Nov 4, 2012
With this defence we have no chance whatsoever. We have to hope January will see us bring in a whole new defence. Need to just keep in touch until then. Our attack is decent. Defence appalling.

Feb 2, 2007
jespafc":26efdqwf said:
nick_PASTIE":26efdqwf said:
To many ifs and buts. I get the impression that senior players are not happy this season, and some of the quotes from Macey worry me that he thinks a point was actually an acceptable result at the weekend. The players have very low expectations, hamstrung by a Manager whose philosophy has been “worked out” with a back room limited in inspiration and ability.

There are no grounds for optimism, the only teams we have beaten have been super crap and there aren’t enough of those games to get us to 50 points unless we have a change in the way the Management approach things or a change in the Management.

Macey said, "it was really important to get the 3 points, which we haven't done."

He also had the decency to hold his hand up and apologize for his performance on Saturday and admit that he was disappointed. Pretty frank and mature comments from a young goalkeeper still learning his way.

Macey said “my teammates got me out of jail”. No they didn’t because we didn’t win.

May 8, 2011
nick_PASTIE":3o34mycs said:
jespafc":3o34mycs said:
nick_PASTIE":3o34mycs said:
To many ifs and buts. I get the impression that senior players are not happy this season, and some of the quotes from Macey worry me that he thinks a point was actually an acceptable result at the weekend. The players have very low expectations, hamstrung by a Manager whose philosophy has been “worked out” with a back room limited in inspiration and ability.

There are no grounds for optimism, the only teams we have beaten have been super crap and there aren’t enough of those games to get us to 50 points unless we have a change in the way the Management approach things or a change in the Management.

Macey said, "it was really important to get the 3 points, which we haven't done."

He also had the decency to hold his hand up and apologize for his performance on Saturday and admit that he was disappointed. Pretty frank and mature comments from a young goalkeeper still learning his way.

Macey said “my teammates got me out of jail”. No they didn’t because we didn’t win.

I’m sure Macey realised what the reaction from the crowd would have been had his teammates not had scored 3 goals.

It wouldn’t had been a pleasant walk back to the changing rooms.

Jul 12, 2016
Macey is part of the defensive shambles and rightly accepts he has made mistakes.The ongoing problem is that the errors are being shared around.Every time the opposition attack at Home Park you expect them to score.

Oct 16, 2016
Stiffler":1cq6w7a6 said:
Shankster":1cq6w7a6 said:
r4h4al":1cq6w7a6 said:
Shankster":1cq6w7a6 said:
Absolutely no signs nor evidence of an ability to change form for the better

None

The January window is a sign.

Utter nonsense, the club brought in 11 players this summer. The suggestion is that players need shipping out before bringing others in. January isn’t the best month for making substantial changes and I don’t believe it’ll make an iota of difference this year

It might make interesting reading if you have time to work out the difference between the first 10 games and 11 games since.

1st 10 games = 3 draws, no wins and 7 defeats, 7 goals scored. Goals conceded 19.
11 games since = 2 draws, 4 wins and 5 defeats, 17 goals scored, goals conceded 21.

Regardless of if we are crap, under performing or inconsistent, the stats above suggest your off the mark in reference to no improvement or change of form for the better.

It’s ‘you’re’ and the question pertained to the point ‘I honestly
Think we’ll survive’ suggestion perhaps that the improvement justified the comment thus

The fact is, no it doesn’t

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":30cvqtx9 said:
Stiffler":30cvqtx9 said:
r4h4al":30cvqtx9 said:
Absolutely no signs nor evidence of an ability to change form for the better

None

The January window is a sign.

Utter nonsense, the club brought in 11 players this summer. The suggestion is that players need shipping out before bringing others in. January isn’t the best month for making substantial changes and I don’t believe it’ll make an iota of difference this year

It might make interesting reading if you have time to work out the difference between the first 10 games and 11 games since.

1st 10 games = 3 draws, no wins and 7 defeats, 7 goals scored. Goals conceded 19.
11 games since = 2 draws, 4 wins and 5 defeats, 17 goals scored, goals conceded 21.

Regardless of if we are crap, under performing or inconsistent, the stats above suggest your off the mark in reference to no improvement or change of form for the better.

It’s ‘you’re’ and the question pertained to the point ‘I honestly
Think we’ll survive’ suggestion perhaps that the improvement justified the comment thus

The fact is, no it doesn’t

There's a full stop after 'thus' and 'doesn't'.

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":2wupr7vr said:
Macey is part of the defensive shambles and rightly accepts he has made mistakes.The ongoing problem is that the errors are being shared around.Every time the opposition attack at Home Park you expect them to score.

And they usually do! Perhaps we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much regarding Bradford though. They scored a lot of goals last night.

Apr 1, 2009
I honestly don't know if we will survive.

Sometimes we play positive attacking football. pleasing on the eye, and look to have goals in us. On other occasions, particularly away from home, the attacking bit never gets going, and when that occurs coupled with our porous defence, we look clueless.

Without a settled functioning defence the team is built on sand, and as a result there's no consistency to the point where it's impossible to predict how we will play. Until we can defend a little better, six game form tables mean a limited amount.

I'm seeing a number of people saying confidently that Adams will sort the defence in January. He may do. On the other hand he tried to sort it in the summer bringing in a goalkeeper and six defenders, none of whom has consistently impressed, with several out of their depth. He's got to get it right this time, and enjoy some luck in terms of his new acquisitions staying fit. If all that happens we'll stay up. If not, we'll struggle to.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Its harder to find decent players in January than it is in the summer.

The quality and quantity of players is down and clubs in trouble are all fighting over anyone half decent

The chances of DA doing better than the summer recruitment is very low IMHO

So not only does he have to do better than the summer he has to do that in a more competitive market with less options #highlyunlikely

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
samjones":2tgjxxsg said:
Its harder to find decent players in January than it is in the summer.

The quality and quantity of players is down and clubs in trouble are all fighting over anyone half decent

The chances of DA doing better than the summer recruitment is very low IMHO

So not only does he have to do better than the summer he has to do that in a more competitive market with less options #highlyunlikely

I think DA got most of the recruitment wrong in the summer, but I think he does have a decent knack of picking up decent players in the January window.

Jan 27, 2012
If some better quality defenders are brought in then I think Argyle will comfortably survive the drop. The midfield is decent and the attacking players are pretty good.

But it WILL cost money to boost that defence.

With the exception of Ladapo, Adams summer recruitment was terrible. I'd be happy to see ALL of the summer arrivals leave the club at the next available opportunity. The problem is they are so crap no team would want them ! Lets just hope they are on one year contracts.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In the Fans Forum MD said all this summer’s signings were on two year deals.