I honestly think we will survive.... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I honestly think we will survive....

Apr 5, 2008
Balham_Green":2acjzsol said:
Stiffler":2acjzsol said:
jespafc":2acjzsol said:
samjones":2acjzsol said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2acjzsol said:
Getting defenders in is the priority in my opinion, not another keeper. We could sigh Jordon Pickford but he on his own wouldn't save us. Two Centre Backs, a right back and couple of ball winning hard tackling midfielders to give us a bit of bite..

Yep spot on I agree.

The defence is beyond saving and requires a complete fresh start. Its a complete disaster zone.
We need a tall commanding defender and a fast covering partner for him - how about Bradley and Vyner, and Oscar Threlkeld for that :coat:
Oh we did have them and let them go :coat: :coat:

Massive mistake by DA, massive.

Ummm was that Adams? Vyner wasn't ours to keep, seems like Sonny and Oscar wanted to leave by the sounds of it unless the board stumped up an amount of cash to keep them. So sorry that doesn't fit in with your agenda.

Bang on, Bradley was leaving regardless and Oscar wanted to play in another country. Vyner wasn't ours as stated. Adams can be blamed for the quality of replacements but certainly not the departures.

And your information is based on what? Do you know Bradley wanted to leave? Spoken to him have you? Also rumour has it, only rumour that Oscar was very unhappy with the way he was treated and unwilling to play for Adams.

Bradley was offered a generous pay deal but Luton offered more money.It was talked about at the fans forum.So try reading up on the FACTS before mouthing off at someone yet again!

Sep 6, 2006
moles40":mje3km7m said:
Balham_Green":mje3km7m said:
Stiffler":mje3km7m said:
jespafc":mje3km7m said:
samjones":mje3km7m said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":mje3km7m said:
Getting defenders in is the priority in my opinion, not another keeper. We could sigh Jordon Pickford but he on his own wouldn't save us. Two Centre Backs, a right back and couple of ball winning hard tackling midfielders to give us a bit of bite..

Yep spot on I agree.

The defence is beyond saving and requires a complete fresh start. Its a complete disaster zone.
We need a tall commanding defender and a fast covering partner for him - how about Bradley and Vyner, and Oscar Threlkeld for that :coat:
Oh we did have them and let them go :coat: :coat:

Massive mistake by DA, massive.

Ummm was that Adams? Vyner wasn't ours to keep, seems like Sonny and Oscar wanted to leave by the sounds of it unless the board stumped up an amount of cash to keep them. So sorry that doesn't fit in with your agenda.

Bang on, Bradley was leaving regardless and Oscar wanted to play in another country. Vyner wasn't ours as stated. Adams can be blamed for the quality of replacements but certainly not the departures.

And your information is based on what? Do you know Bradley wanted to leave? Spoken to him have you? Also rumour has it, only rumour that Oscar was very unhappy with the way he was treated and unwilling to play for Adams.

Bradley was offered a generous pay deal but Luton offered more money.It was talked about at the fans forum.So try reading up on the FACTS before mouthing off at someone yet again!

I don't think you are too bright. I ask some questions and you become obnoxious whilst quoting FACTS but not actually able to come up with ANY FACTS. So you don't actually know what are you talking about do you? Ah 'it was talked about at the Fans Forum'!!! Is that a fact to you?!!!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
DA treated Oscar appallingly.

Rushed him back from injury, made him play on when he clearly got clattered a couple of times and then criticised the guy.
Incredible piece of man management.

No wonder he wanted to leave our club as quickly as possible

As regards Bradley, DA didn't want to pay him enough money to stay and thought he could better use the budget which clearly he also mis-managed.

There is no point defending the indefensible DA has been complete garbage this year and based on our defensive skills some posters on here would be better in our back 5

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Penmaster":1htklym9 said:
Luke hasn't played many games for Swindon so assume he is not first choice. Wonder if we could get him back on loan. He's not as agile as Macey but is experienced, confident and vocal which I think would be more of a tonic for our defence at the moment. The alternative is to gamble on another young player on loan.

Yeah I'd definitely have him back, permanently if possible.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
r4h4al":2fcsuq20 said:
Penmaster":2fcsuq20 said:
Luke hasn't played many games for Swindon so assume he is not first choice. Wonder if we could get him back on loan. He's not as agile as Macey but is experienced, confident and vocal which I think would be more of a tonic for our defence at the moment. The alternative is to gamble on another young player on loan.

Yeah I'd definitely have him back, permanently if possible.

Definitely, he would improve our squad.

Oct 14, 2015
I’m assuming because I have no concrete evidence but I thought Adams released Luke as he thought he wasn’t good enough. Can you really see him asking Luke to return on that basis?? Would Luke want to return and would it be a backward step??

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It was explained by Simon Hallett, in some detail, at the Fans’ Forum, that DA and the Board wanted to keep Bradley but there was a limit to what they could offer without causing discontent among the existing players. That limit was exceeded by Luton’s offer, unfortunately. Michael Dunford also explained that DA is highly principled, truthful and trustworthy and that he is committed to maintaining a good team spirit within the squad.
It was also explained that Threlkeld’s reason for leaving was that he was very keen to play abroad and that money was not the stumbling block.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":5n5xrrcu said:
moles40":5n5xrrcu said:
Balham_Green":5n5xrrcu said:
Stiffler":5n5xrrcu said:

I don't think you are too bright. I ask some questions and you become obnoxious whilst quoting FACTS but not actually able to come up with ANY FACTS. So you don't actually know what are you talking about do you? Ah 'it was talked about at the Fans Forum'!!! Is that a fact to you?!!!

And you wonder why you rub people up the wrong way. Not to bright yourself, are you?

May 21, 2018
Was the Vyner loan not a stroke of genius we haven't replicated this year - probably one of the best five loan players in League One last season? Am I misremembering or was Bradley under performing last season until Vyner appeared? Notice Vyner is comfortable playing in the Championship now (apart from the goal last weekend) and linked to Premier league clubs.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3h4hwi6k said:
Balham_Green":3h4hwi6k said:
moles40":3h4hwi6k said:
Balham_Green":3h4hwi6k said:
Stiffler":3h4hwi6k said:

And you wonder why you rub people up the wrong way. Not to bright yourself, are you?

At least I know the appropriate use of 'to' and 'too'! And I know the difference between a fact and rumour.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":3svger2p said:
It was explained by Simon Hallett, in some detail, at the Fans’ Forum, that DA and the Board wanted to keep Bradley but there was a limit to what they could offer without causing discontent among the existing players. That limit was exceeded by Luton’s offer, unfortunately. Michael Dunford also explained that DA is highly principled, truthful and trustworthy and that he is committed to maintaining a good team spirit within the squad.
It was also explained that Threlkeld’s reason for leaving was that he was very keen to play abroad and that money was not the stumbling block.

Nobody said money was the stumbling block. The rumour was the problem was his relationship with Mr Adams. Regarding Bradley IF you believe the club story then Carey is also not earning that much.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3ric62xk said:
GreenThing":3ric62xk said:
moles40":3ric62xk said:
Stiffler":3ric62xk said:

At least I know the appropriate use of 'to' and 'too'!

I do too, but autocorrect doesn’t. Anyway, my grammar doesn’t stop you from being rude and sarcastic then bitching when you get some back. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.

Sep 6, 2006
quote="Balham_Green"]
GreenThing":341em3b4 said:
Balham_Green":341em3b4 said:
moles40":341em3b4 said:
Balham_Green":341em3b4 said:
Stiffler":341em3b4 said:
d

At least I know the appropriate use of 'to' and 'too'![/quote]

I do too, but autocorrect doesn’t. Anyway, my grammar doesn’t stop you from being rude and sarcastic then bitching when you get some back. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.[/quote]

Autocorrect! Good try. And exactly the same argument applies to you. We could go on all day. Don't get upset about your grammar. If you tried reading the thread rather than using it as an excuse for a dig you would see the poster was initially obnoxious in his response. He also alluded to facts and that I should try reading them when he had no FACTS himself, which is rather silly. Don't worry I can take it but will dish it out as well especially when there is no sense in the reply.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
He was obnoxious to your sarcastic post, if you can’t see that, there’s no point explaining further.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3jjyx5ii said:
He was obnoxious to your sarcastic post, if you can’t see that, there’s no point explaining further.

I asked if he had spoken to Bradley as he seemed to know so much. Hardly necessitates this tedious debate which you seem so interested in or such an obnoxious response.