#incoming (Cooper signs - 3 year deal) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#incoming (Cooper signs - 3 year deal)

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Great news! Well done Argyle for having the balls to get your man! Feeling elated and over the moon with Cooper. Along with every Argyle supporter!

Jul 12, 2016
plymade":2s5gkget said:
Great news! Well done Argyle for having the balls to get your man! Feeling elated and over the moon with Cooper. Along with every Argyle supporter!
Not quite every Argyle supporter! I'm pleased he's signed but 3 years is a long time if he fails to make it with us in league one .

Apr 1, 2009
Lundan Cabbie":208oti10 said:
With Argyle paying a fee, a three year contract makes perfect sense.

Exactly. Given we are paying a fee it is odd that so many are surprised, albeit pleasantly, by the three year deal. No sense in paying up, and have him walk away too soon.

Mar 14, 2009
Great to have him back.

Can l just say that l donā€™t think there was criticism of Cooper.

I think most people can see how influential he was in providing goals.

I think some, like myself, would prefer to see him in a CAM role than a LWB postion. Itā€™s just a personal preference, because of defensive duties.

Anyhow, welcome back Coops. :scarf:

Nov 12, 2003
This a great signing. Cooper is clearly good enough for League One, but has potential to develop into a Championship player. The chairman deserves a lot of credit for funding this.

Apr 15, 2016
Lowe, Hallett and co really showed they're no mugs here. They knew Peterborough would need to get rid and played it perfectly. I'd be surprised if the fee was above 50k. The clown who owns Peterborough must feel a bit silly.

That's a great feeling. Argyle finally showing a bit of steel and nous in transfer dealings.

Hopefully a sign of things to come. The club really is enshrined in positivity at the moment. Well done all involved, great work! :scarf:

Leo's Grandad

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Happy with this one. Welcome back Coops.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I think neither Argyle or Peterborough are fully satisfied with the deal. I suspect Argyle paid more than they wanted (hence a 3 year deal), but not as much as Peterborough wanted. So both clubs had to compromise in my opinion.

Feb 8, 2005
plymouthboyuk":nqojosmm said:
I think neither Argyle or Peterborough are fully satisfied with the deal. I suspect Argyle paid more than they wanted (hence a 3 year deal), but not as much as Peterborough wanted. So both clubs had to compromise in my opinion.

Agreed, Lowe said there would have to be a compromise from both sides and, if you are going to buy someone, then in my view you have to get the most out of the player contract and have him signed up for more than a year or two.

The only downside I can see is whether there are add-ons. Both sides would need to feel that they have made progress on the original initial offers, and although Peterborough paid Ā£300,000 for him and they will be unable to recoup this sum, maybe they think the add-ons within their contract would be some compensation in the future.

Also shows that Lowe is looking ahead andplanning, and probably thinking of staying a while.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
jimsing":hq5tvbpn said:
plymouthboyuk":hq5tvbpn said:

Agreed, Lowe said there would have to be a compromise from both sides and, if you are going to buy someone, then in my view you have to get the most out of the player contract and have him signed up for more than a year or two.

The only downside I can see is whether there are add-ons. Both sides would need to feel that they have made progress on the original initial offers, and although Peterborough paid Ā£300,000 for him and they will be unable to recoup this sum, maybe they think the add-ons within their contract would be some compensation in the future.

Also shows that Lowe is looking ahead andplanning, and probably thinking of staying a while.

Good point, I hope so.
Also, delighted Coops is back, I hope that he can carry on where he left off, lovely crosser of the ball.

Dec 26, 2010
Like nearly everyone who has posted, I'm delighted with this. He's clearly a class act.

Like everyone on here, I can see that GC can't defend. I wonder whether RL has in mind that, with careful coaching, he could be much improved in that department. To be a defender at the highest level, I suspect, requires a certain instinct which is probably beyond coaching, but we aren't talking about playing at the highest level.

Jul 3, 2013
I would hazard a guess that peterborough had a say in the contract length, have him cheap with a long contract and big sell on clause or pay Peterborough prices and have him no ties.

Mar 23, 2008
With Hardie and Coops being re-signed in the current climate, that shows real intent. Also shows the pulling power of Lowe, we are in a good place as a club at present.