#incoming (Cooper signs - 3 year deal) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#incoming (Cooper signs - 3 year deal)

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Plymouth Argyle Signing George Cooper Was Just Good Business

"The signing of George Cooper is just another example of the culture shift at Home Park.

Would the club have chased Cooper if he were at the end of his career or not transfer listed? Almost certainly not.

The club are not investing in Cooper just because he improves the team. They’re investing in him because it makes good financial sense. They signed him with an eye on selling him in the future."

My take on why signing Cooper is more than just good for the team, it's part of the wider change in approach to transfers at the club.

NickSS":ykom5edb said:
Plymouth Argyle Signing George Cooper Was Just Good Business

"The signing of George Cooper is just another example of the culture shift at Home Park.

Would the club have chased Cooper if he were at the end of his career or not transfer listed? Almost certainly not.

The club are not investing in Cooper just because he improves the team. They’re investing in him because it makes good financial sense. They signed him with an eye on selling him in the future."

My take on why signing Cooper is more than just good for the team, it's part of the wider change in approach to transfers at the club.

Agree with this totally, George brings a certain bit of class to the team, his link play with Danny Mayor and his picking out of a through ball was great.. I'm a bit apprehensive though by some of the users of Twitter who are saying that Argyle are going to walk this league and Championship here we come..very naive to say stuff like that as there are teams just as good if not better than us...What does it tell you that Peterborough have just shifted people of the quality of Toney and Coops...they look a strong outfit, then there's Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey, Hull, Charlton, Wigan to name a few who will all be saying the same thing.. let's not get above ourselves and raise the expectations too high..

Love it that we have a decent squad, and yes we do look good on paper and have memento..but let's take one step at a time. Obviously I'd love to see us do well and climb the Leagues, and believe it will happen, just not this season..prove me wrong Ryan Lowe..

Feb 23, 2006
Funny we how we moan about squad sizes in the Premiere league obviously a lot to do with a clubs finances, its created a division in that league of rich clubs and not so rich clubs. Some clubs even had five internationals sitting on their subs bench. I can see a situation very similar in the EFL the haves and the have nots, Some EFL clubs already are close to the wall with finances and certainly not investing in players be it free transfers or transfer fees. Theres going to be a need for strong squads if theres a pile of fixtures Corona Virus related, weather cancellations its a strange world at present. I think Argyle on paper have the makings of a good squad I dont see many league one clubs investing at present, Argyle are one of the few. We are lucky Simon Hallett has invested heavily in the club and its future. I think Argyle certainly in a chance top half of table.

Feb 8, 2005
I love how Lowe manouvered Miller and Page in an effort to force Peterborough to drop their demands for Cooper.

Fine piece of negotiating I must say.