#incoming! (Luke McCormick signs) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#incoming! (Luke McCormick signs)

Jan 4, 2016
Mark Pedlar":3oyra8nr said:
Hugely better with ball at feet than Macey was. In fact if Adams had stuck with Luke rather than bringing in the hapless Macey we may well have stayed up.

Anyhow, I dont expect to see him playing many games. It’s all about Cooper.

Much agreed, I think it's overlooked that if we kept Luke and played him over Macey we very well could've stayed in League one.

I believe his value is not based on the appearances he may sporadically make, but on his role in the dressing room as a senior figure and as a mentor to Cooper.
I'd like to see him transistion into a coach for us, as he sees out his final playing years as a solid back up.

Worst comes to worst then we can get an emergency GK loan, right?

Jun 27, 2019
Very disappointed in the club for bringing this guy back again. We don't need to rake over old coals and I won't here, but I didn't want him back the first time and I'm amazed there aren't better options out there.

This is Lowe's first duff signing for me and a blot in his copybook. Disappointed.

Jul 12, 2016
John Cooper":1qmgrvnc said:
Totally under whelming signing.
I hope and pray that he gets no look in except the mickey mouse cup.
My sentiments exactly! Why we have to keep bringing him back is beyond me.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I hope no one is referring to his error on the road years ago!
He is a professional footballer, here to do a job for Argyle, we are in a world with no money for lavish signings, time to get over yourselves and support the whole group.
Duff signing?
He's here for a reason!

Jul 12, 2016
Herts_Green":1qu71a4o said:
Martyn":1qu71a4o said:
Personally, don’t like this signing.

Gives out a wrong message, I know he will be probably backup, (hopefully), but it seems totally underwhelming.

Would prefer another loan goalkeeper from a prem side, and give Cooper another year progressing.
Cooper won’t progress unless he gets some games, it’s time to give him a chance. There’s literally no point using resources on a reserve keeper when money is tight. McCormick will no doubt end up replacing Wilmot as goalkeeper coach too. This move makes perfect sense to me.
Personally I agree it gives out the wrong message.I was in two minds about a season ticket. I won't be bothering now.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Jeez, what a welcome for one of the best keepers the club has ever had.

He wont be first choice, he wont cost alot (which in todays climate is a harsh reality of running a football club) - he is here to grow a young lad who the club has high hopes for, who knows but just maybe Cooper might be worth several million pounds to us in a few years time - the sort of diamond a club like ours has to cherish and do what it can to look after - this signing is exactly that.

Welcome back Luke, on the field someone who has done all he can for Argyle.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":38sp6s5g said:
Why we have to keep bringing him back is beyond me.

Because it works? This is a pragmatic, sensible move. Gives us a capable back up keeper and an experienced figure to guide Cooper. That’s far more valuable than loaning in some youngster (if the parent club even allowed it) to sit on the bench behind Cooper & offer little.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
An absolute no-brainer.

A more than capable experienced keeper at lower league level, loves the club and a perfect mentor for Michael Cooper.

Welcome back!

Jul 12, 2016
WoodsyGreen":1177nad6 said:
Very disappointed in the club for bringing this guy back again. We don't need to rake over old coals and I won't here, but I didn't want him back the first time and I'm amazed there aren't better options out there.

This is Lowe's first duff signing for me and a blot in his copybook. Disappointed.

:clap:

Apr 6, 2009
think this is a great signing. great to develop Cooper and not a bad goalie himself.

Plus its made my sons day already just telling him so all good here

Nice to see the usual suspects having a moan up.

As a mentor and backup to Cooper he will be ideal. Inexpensive in these covid-times whilst adding value via the Cooper mentorship, likely outreach programs he will throw himself into as he did before and being an experienced voice in a relatively young locker room. Plus if Willmot is retiring after this season he's got another year to learn a different aspect of the club, get his badges and then take that role when he hangs up the gloves.

Would I have loved to have Palmer back? Absolutely but he's not our player, can/will play at a higher level and ultimately will stymy Coops' development.

Luke was promoted from the third tier at 21, time for Coops to do the same :scarf:

Sep 25, 2010
WoodsyGreen":efhl5ycb said:

Totally agree with the above, their must be better options out there, in the current climate.

Jul 14, 2008
oldage":2g18q1o1 said:
Herts_Green":2g18q1o1 said:
Martyn":2g18q1o1 said:

Gives out a wrong message, I know he will be probably backup, (hopefully), but it seems totally underwhelming.

Would prefer another loan goalkeeper from a prem side, and give Cooper another year progressing.
Cooper won’t progress unless he gets some games, it’s time to give him a chance. There’s literally no point using resources on a reserve keeper when money is tight. McCormick will no doubt end up replacing Wilmot as goalkeeper coach too. This move makes perfect sense to me.
Personally I agree it gives out the wrong message.I was in two minds about a season ticket. I won't be bothering now.
You’re obviously entitled to your opinion but not buying a season ticket because of the reserve keeper we have signed seems very odd indeed to me.

Apr 6, 2009
Herts_Green":2a0dr4mu said:
oldage":2a0dr4mu said:
Herts_Green":2a0dr4mu said:
Martyn":2a0dr4mu said:

You’re obviously entitled to your opinion but not buying a season ticket because of the reserve keeper we have signed seems very odd indeed to me.

guess it leaves more space for the rest of us!

Aug 8, 2013
One of our own as no. 1, and another of our own as back-up/mentor.

I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cooper can do with a regular start, and
I think McCormick will do us far more good than bringing in someone who wouldn't really
care about the club.