#incoming! (Luke McCormick signs) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#incoming! (Luke McCormick signs)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Sounds like there may be some surplus capacity in the ground after all by number of negative comments on here. :roll:

Suspect Luke will be offered opportunity to start some coaching too in some format.

Jul 12, 2016
cheshiregreen":2v2jthk3 said:
Sounds like there may be some surplus capacity in the ground after all by number of negative comments on here. :roll:

Suspect Luke will be offered opportunity to start some coaching too in some format.
Hallett wants us to be a club recognised by the community and then allows RL to sign McCormick again. Some fans have a conscience.

Oct 14, 2015
oldage":3non5id9 said:
Argyledad":3non5id9 said:
Welcome back Luke. You are an Argyle legend !
Oh give it a rest. It's embarrassing. Legends don't behave like he did!

So are you not renewing your season tickets because you think bringing back LM is wrong as he’s past his best or because of his past???

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
Welcome back Super Luke. You’ve taken some terrible stick from opposition crowds and never risen to it - so I’m sure a few moaners on here won’t bother you. Hope you have another successful spell aboard the good ship Mayflower.

Jul 12, 2016
Welwyn Pilgrim":1b3c8gwp said:
oldage":1b3c8gwp said:
Argyledad":1b3c8gwp said:
Welcome back Luke. You are an Argyle legend !
Oh give it a rest. It's embarrassing. Legends don't behave like he did!

So are you not renewing your season tickets because you think bringing back LM is wrong as he’s past his best or because of his past???
Both. McCormick is a spent force who I personally do not like because of his past. Surely there must have been better candidates in the current market where supply is likely to outstrip demand?

Jul 12, 2016
SurreyJanner":2iyuu5oa said:
Welcome back Super Luke. You’ve taken some terrible stick from opposition crowds and never risen to it - so I’m sure a few moaners on here won’t bother you. Hope you have another successful spell aboard the good ship Mayflower.
Terrible stick but well warranted!

Apr 6, 2009
oldage":3ivt7b4x said:
SurreyJanner":3ivt7b4x said:

I don't think we need to keep going over the past really. Noone condones it but doesn't mean you have to dwell on it.

Luke is green through and through, he will be a great mentor for Cooper and happy to sit on the bench.
My 6 year old idolises Luke and is into goalkeeping and Luke is the reason for that. It has given him something to focus on esp when times are tough. He obviously has no idea about Lukes past and he won't until hes old enough to find out by himself. He sees him purely as a goalkeeper and has no prejudice. I realise people will have their own prejudice but its not necessary to keep bringing it up if its to do with football.

If he offers you a lift I understand, but when its to do with footballing I think you need to let it go. If it stops you buying a season ticket then I think that is quite extreme.

Feb 23, 2008
Abbotts Ann Green":3d6mai2v said:
Action Jackson":3d6mai2v said:
Really like that we are putting a huge youth prospect as number 1 but also a little worried as if he is not up to standard then we are f*cked. Especially with a back three of canavsn, sawyer and wootton who conceded 85 in league 1. Although we have aimson aswell and hopefully bring in another defender

And there was me thinking Edwards played most of the season and Wootton hardly at all...

As part of a back four, with two inexperienced full backs, a striker that couldn't hold the ball up and playing an attacking formation negatively too.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
I think it's time to have a look at this from another angle Oldage.

I was glad to see the back of the stigma which came from other fans from having Luke here before. No-one can ever deny the past, I'll never condone it and I was pleased we had moved on. However...

We all admit Cooper needs to be playing, he cannot have another season on the bench. So we either need a backup to him, or a new number 1, then to send Cooper out on loan, then get a backup for the new number 1. Either way we need someone here who is happy to be a backup. Luke will fit this bill, he'll be at his best but will be understanding if Cooper / A.N.other is ahead of him. He has the experience to be a good mentor to up and coming keepers, and he has always been described well in terms of a dressing room presence for other players.

He's also one who will put his time and effort into the club and community.

I can think of better keepers, but I can't think of any who would be like to come here and be a backup for a small wage, and still buy in to the team, the guy replacing him and the community. This is a good move for all involved.

Welcome back Luke.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am relaxed about LMc 's return. He was a very good servant to Argyle in his previous times here. I did not see him perform for Swindon, but I assume that RL must have watched him, in order to make him his first signature for the new season coming up. RL is good enough judge of a player in order to be confident that LMc's skill level is good enough to do the job that he has for him next season

I thought he might become the oldest keeper to play for Argyle in a League game, but of course Shilts was well into his 40's when he kept goal for Argyle. Other 'stattos' out there might throw up older keepers.j

Jul 12, 2016
katkin":1wtk74rn said:
oldage":1wtk74rn said:
SurreyJanner":1wtk74rn said:

I don't think we need to keep going over the past really. Noone condones it but doesn't mean you have to dwell on it.

Luke is green through and through, he will be a great mentor for Cooper and happy to sit on the bench.
My 6 year old idolises Luke and is into goalkeeping and Luke is the reason for that. It has given him something to focus on esp when times are tough. He obviously has no idea about Lukes past and he won't until hes old enough to find out by himself. He sees him purely as a goalkeeper and has no prejudice. I realise people will have their own prejudice but its not necessary to keep bringing it up if its to do with football.

If he offers you a lift I understand, but when its to do with footballing I think you need to let it go. If it stops you buying a season ticket then I think that is quite extreme.
Each to his own but I find it sticks in my craw that he is idolised by some older fans after what happened. I do not think he should keep be giving opportunities when there probably other goalkeepers available and out of work. To emphasise I was already concerned about renewing my ST ,only the second time in over 50 years of supporting Argyle that I have not, because of the difficulty of me getting to HP from Cornwall now the coach is unlikely to run and the affect on games of the covid virus.