#incoming! (Luke McCormick signs) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#incoming! (Luke McCormick signs)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
oldage":2nj868rj said:
SurreyJanner":2nj868rj said:
Welcome back Super Luke. You’ve taken some terrible stick from opposition crowds and never risen to it - so I’m sure a few moaners on here won’t bother you. Hope you have another successful spell aboard the good ship Mayflower.
Terrible stick but well warranted!

You’ve made your feelings pretty clear.

Let’s not turn this into a unhealthy thread.

Apr 4, 2015
I was ashamed the first time we bought him back to home park, this time im dumbfounded and extremely disappointed. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have renewed my season ticket yesterday if I had known that he was being signed up again, it makes me sick to think that in some small part my money is going towards his wages. This is a massive mistake and for some to say he's a mentor or some type of role model for Cooper is embarrassing, if I were Cooper's family I wouldn't want mccormick any where near him in any capacity whatsoever.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I think it's a win win. he will be a great mentor for the young keeper. Luke's done his penance lets move on.

Apr 24, 2006
Newton Abbot
Any player with a truly green heart is very much welcome back to the club, in whatever capacity that be for me.

Regardless of how "spent" McCormick is, this signing is as big as any in developing the dressing room that we would all want.

Pride and Passion is infectious.

Aug 5, 2015
I know it’s off topic but I think it’s a very inconvenient truth for many people, the number of games played by Wooton in the relegation season. It’s become a Pasoti fact to lay the blame at his door. Sorry, I feel better now. And yes welcome back Luke.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
freddie2greens":17mi3og5 said:
I was ashamed the first time we bought him back to home park, this time im dumbfounded and extremely disappointed. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have renewed my season ticket yesterday if I had known that he was being signed up again, it makes me sick to think that in some small part my money is going towards his wages. This is a massive mistake and for some to say he's a mentor or some type of role model for Cooper is embarrassing, if I were Cooper's family I wouldn't want mccormick any where near him in any capacity whatsoever.

Go and ask for a refund then.

I’m sure they’ll honour it.

Good signing. Some of the comments on here are atrocious.

FWIW I would be surprised if he’s ‘past it’. I bet he could do a very decent job in League One if called upon.

Welcome back :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":3hw6sbch said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":3hw6sbch said:
oldage":3hw6sbch said:
Argyledad":3hw6sbch said:
Welcome back Luke. You are an Argyle legend !
Oh give it a rest. It's embarrassing. Legends don't behave like he did!

So are you not renewing your season tickets because you think bringing back LM is wrong as he’s past his best or because of his past???
Both. McCormick is a spent force who I personally do not like because of his past. Surely there must have been better candidates in the current market where supply is likely to outstrip demand?

I agree that I can’t understand why we’ve signed him because he’s well past his best, so unless he is showing potential as a coach I don’t understand bringing him back yet again. What I don’t agree with is that he should be forever ostracised because of a (very serious) mistake in his personal life in the past. He was punished for it and has just as much right as any other former offender to rebuild his life. Most of the morons who barrack him probably have less than perfect lives themselves.

Jul 14, 2008
freddie2greens":3oq6614b said:
Ridiculous. He made a terrible error of judgement. Have you not made mistakes in your life. All I can say, in terms of my younger days, is there by the grace of god go I. You would think by your reaction that we had signed Ian Huntley.

Mar 14, 2009
I’ve said it before, and l’ll say it again because l kind of knew this would happen. Hallett warned us that the Covid-19 situation we should reduce our expectations for the coming season as financially, without crowds, it will be tough. Everyone seems to think football crowds are coming bacK in October. I hope that is the case but look at what’s going on as the world is less isolated. The infection rate is having pockets of outbreaks. There is a reasonable chance we may not see football live this year by the time a October comes around.

So what does this have to do with McCormick. Well if we just discussing it in football terms. Yes it’s a cheap option. Yet if your asking someone to sit on the bench for most of the season you aren’t going to bring in a rated young keeper. Cooper needs first team football. We need someone who can fill in now and again. McCormick is that viable option.

If a Hardie deal is a loan too l hope people finally get a dose of the reality we are in. People saying we gonna spend £200,000 plus on his. Really? When money is that tight it never made any sense. Even without Covid-19 l don’t think Argyle would have done it. The fan’s expectations are way beyond what the club realistically can do in this current situation.

Today is an example of a good “footballing” financial decision. You have an youngster who can only develop by playing games. Will he make mistakes. I’m sure he will. I just hope people give him a chance and don’t compare him to Palmers season last year because that was as good a GK season performance as l think you will see. McCormick has played a lot at this level. Knows exactly what things are like after good and bad seasons. His footballing experiences over the years should help Cooper when he needs advice.

Finally, l know this is a football site and wasn’t going to talk about this but it annoys me what l hear years on from that incident. We all know what McCormick did was foolish and stupid. The guy has to live with what he did for the rest of his life. To me that’s punishment in itself. However, l hate the world is so judgemental. Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes they lead to catastrophic situations. Yet you have a choice in this world. Do you believe in rehabilitation and giving people a second chance in life? I’m sure some can’t and won’t. I understand for the family involved why that would be. Yet for the rest of us not connected to that family, lm afraid we are human and mistakes happen and lm sorry but nobody is perfect and l find the world via social media is so judgemental now even when that voice critiquing is hardly perfect.

Welcome back Luke.