Jack Leslie mentioned on National News - now Global. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jack Leslie mentioned on National News - now Global.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Blimey, I'd forgotten about that!

To be fair, it's such an obvious thing to do... BUT I will now be taking all the credit :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PASOTI has thrown £250.00 into the pot today. :thumbup:

Phil Mallett

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 16, 2003
Tadley, Hampshire.
IJN":3lwrfffp said:
PASOTI has thrown £250.00 into the pot today. :thumbup:

Nice one. :scarf:

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
This is a superb campaign run by Argyle fans but with a much broader reach. I would hope most Argyle fans can muster up a few quid to help get this over the line, every little helps and all that. Anyone who likes the idea just click the link and chuck in a few quid.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/jack-leslie-campaign

Aug 5, 2016
Is the statue likely to be at the ground, in the centre of town, or in the middle of the new Jack Leslie square?

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1202b9m7 said:
Is the statue likely to be at the ground, in the centre of town, or in the middle of the new Jack Leslie square?

It MUST be at the ground. Anywhere else will not have the same effect. Besides, if it’s put up in the city centre or namesake square on the Barbican it’ll undoubtedly get graffitied or damaged by p*ssed up louts on a weekend evening when the pubs/clubs kick out.

On a side note. Watching the fine BBC article today, I was a little shocked to hear Viv Anderson was the first black player to play for England. In all these years I thought it was Laurie Cunningham. How did I get this wrong? Was Cunningham the first black player to reach some other achievement? Looking for help here guys :oops:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Do we know how much they had before today? As this crowdfunder has been set up for a while.

I feel like this HAS to happen now, though my only worry is that the donations may dry up once it drops out of the news cycle.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Biggs":2mbnsu4j said:
Do we know how much they had before today? As this crowdfunder has been set up for a while.

I feel like this HAS to happen now, though my only worry is that the donations may dry up once it drops out of the news cycle.

The campaign has been around for quite a while now. The crowdfunder only started yesterday morning so the crowdfund had zero before 1st July.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing! The final 10 minutes of the 6pm National news sport round up was all Argyle and Jack Leslie. Fabulous coverage. Interviews from inside Home Park, outside HP, loads of pics of Jack. Interview with his daughter (?). Only problem was that everyone and their bloody dog was ringing me to tell me that Argyle was on the news!

:scarf:

Jun 27, 2019
Biggs":h6sr0iod said:

That concerns me slightly as well. They've only got just over a month to hit their target and they won't get another shot at the national media now. It might have to take a big concerted effort among us Argyle fans to get them over the line.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
metroace":32jr35vg said:
The campaign has been around for quite a while now. The crowdfunder only started yesterday morning so the crowdfund had zero before 1st July.

Ah excellent, I thought they both started at the same time. 35k in one day is pretty great then :scarf: