Jephers coming to other Clubs attention | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jephers coming to other Clubs attention

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":5tcd3noj said:
WoodsyGreen":5tcd3noj said:
Steve Evans":5tcd3noj said:
anything less than ten million pounds is not acceptable.

There's no doubt we've let players go for below market value in recent history, but if we placed a £10m pricetag on Jephcott's head his agent will demand a contract worthy of a £10m player.

I'd say £2.5m plus significant add-ons will be about right, but obviously I hope we keep hold of him for the rest of this season at least. Without his goals we'd be stuffed.

I agree with this .. £2.5million minimum so I’d say £3mill + a 40% sell on fee. I wouldn’t accept anything less.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Devongreenowl":12v0lrh9 said:
Some VERY unrealistic fees being talked about here and also some unrealistic views of his potential. I think there’s a good championship player there in the making, but his lack of pace will probably stop him going further. Argyle would probably take 500k in January.

How quick were Robbie Fowler (who I think Jephcott reminds me of) or Alan Shearer - 2 of the most natural finishers in English league history

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
JannerinCardiff":3tgqv08b said:
Devongreenowl":3tgqv08b said:
Some VERY unrealistic fees being talked about here and also some unrealistic views of his potential. I think there’s a good championship player there in the making, but his lack of pace will probably stop him going further. Argyle would probably take 500k in January.

How quick were Robbie Fowler (who I think Jephcott reminds me of) or Alan Shearer - 2 of the most natural finishers in English league history

Apart from the fact that both of them started their careers at top flight clubs and not in the fourth division, yes they’re very similar.

The lad is a decent player, no question. He is no Ivan Toney though.

Aug 17, 2005
Devongreenowl":64xt0yfs said:
JannerinCardiff":64xt0yfs said:
Devongreenowl":64xt0yfs said:

Apart from the fact that both of them started their careers at top flight clubs and not in the fourth division, yes they’re very similar.

The lad is a decent player, no question. He is no Ivan Toney though.

You could argue that toney failed at several clubs like Newcastle before coming into his own at Peterborough. If Jephcott has the right players around him then he will make the grade like toney has

Mar 14, 2009
I don’t think Argyle will get more than 500k if they sold him.

He has done well for us no doubt. You ain’t getting anywhere near 2 million for him though.

He played a handful of games in L2 between New Year and Covid-19. This season he has played a number of games but until he has a full season with 20 plus goals under his belt he won’t fetch even over a million.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":yhqrzoqm said:
JannerinCardiff":yhqrzoqm said:
WoodsyGreen":yhqrzoqm said:
Steve Evans":yhqrzoqm said:
anything less than ten million pounds is not acceptable.

There's no doubt we've let players go for below market value in recent history, but if we placed a £10m pricetag on Jephcott's head his agent will demand a contract worthy of a £10m player.

I'd say £2.5m plus significant add-ons will be about right, but obviously I hope we keep hold of him for the rest of this season at least. Without his goals we'd be stuffed.

I agree with this .. £2.5million minimum so I’d say £3mill + a 40% sell on fee. I wouldn’t accept anything less.

:lol: calm down dear

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
JannerinCardiff":1hd8yxga said:
Devongreenowl":1hd8yxga said:

Jephcott looks to have a good career ahead of him, lets hope he spends a few more seasons here.

Getting a bit carried away with the comparsons though.

Jephcott was coming off the bench at Truro at an older age than when Fowler and Shearer were scoring hat-tricks in the Premiership.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Devongreenowl":260h3sdq said:

Teddy Sheringham ahem...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Prepared to be laughed at, but I see a lot of Harry Kane in LJ.

Positioning, understanding, pure goalscoring ability, selflessness, and he has a good pass on him when he drops back.

BlueinPL20

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Oct 14, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":1yylh0kp said:

He has done well for us no doubt. You ain’t getting anywhere near 2 million for him though.

He played a handful of games in L2 between New Year and Covid-19. This season he has played a number of games but until he has a full season with 20 plus goals under his belt he won’t fetch even over a million.

This is more realistic, he is unproven. How many young players start like an express train and runout of steam as quickly and fade into obscurity. I give you Owen Pickard for example.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As an example of what?

He scored a single goal in four seasons.

May 3, 2017
Too soon for him to move on in my opinion. He’s still got work to do to be classed as a championship player. If he scores 15-20 goals for us in league 1 this season and continues to develop other aspects of his game, then maybe he’ll get a move to a championship club. At the moment we wouldn’t recieve much more then around £750k

May 16, 2016
BlueinPL20":2fkb3ijl said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2fkb3ijl said:

This is more realistic, he is unproven. How many young players start like an express train and runout of steam as quickly and fade into obscurity. I give you Owen Pickard for example.

Just as well there's no intention to sell him. This thread is based on some northern bloke speculating on his laptop. He's got promise, but is some way off being ready for the big clubs to come in for him. I expect L1 Clubs like us and pompey will still see him next Season.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Metal_Green_Mickey":2krtg3r6 said:

For only 500k he’s worth more to us. He’s got the best goals to mins played ratio in the whole of League 1 and is only 20.. and that’s without taking a single pen or free kick.

Aug 5, 2016
James J":k0i60h8b said:
Too soon for him to move on in my opinion. He’s still got work to do to be classed as a championship player. If he scores 15-20 goals for us in league 1 this season and continues to develop other aspects of his game, then maybe he’ll get a move to a championship club. At the moment we wouldn’t recieve much more then around £750k

It is strange how twenty different Pasoti auctioneers can arrive at such different values of him.

What is your £750k figure even based on? Have any similar scoring young League One strikers moved for money like that lately?

Imagine Exeter City having a 20 year old club top scorer, a Wales U21 international on the verge of the senior squad. The 4th top scorer in League One, having played at least 4 matches fewer than the strikers above him in the top scorer charts. The best minutes per goal ratio out of any of the strikers in the division (and he doesn't even take penalties yet).

Are Exeter really looking to shake hands on £750k? I really don't think so.

And what does it say about the mentality of our club that even the fans would be happy with a fee like that.