Jephers coming to other Clubs attention | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jephers coming to other Clubs attention

Aug 5, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":f6ry6w12 said:
I don’t think Argyle will get more than 500k if they sold him.

He has done well for us no doubt. You ain’t getting anywhere near 2 million for him though.

He played a handful of games in L2 between New Year and Covid-19. This season he has played a number of games but until he has a full season with 20 plus goals under his belt he won’t fetch even over a million.

Why would we sell for £500k?

Try and replace Jephcott with an U21 striker who has the potential to be in the top 3 League One scorers at the end of the season. Give me some names of like-for-like goal scoring strikers (at third tier level) that we could buy with £500k.

We have no hope of buying another Jephcott with that fee, so why on earth would we sell our top scorer for a sum like that?

Jun 27, 2019
Knibbsworth":1udvklrl said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1udvklrl said:

He has done well for us no doubt. You ain’t getting anywhere near 2 million for him though.

He played a handful of games in L2 between New Year and Covid-19. This season he has played a number of games but until he has a full season with 20 plus goals under his belt he won’t fetch even over a million.

Why would we sell for £500k?

Try and replace Jephcott with an U21 striker who has the potential to be in the top 3 League One scorers at the end of the season. Give me some names of like-for-like goal scoring strikers (at third tier level) that we could buy with £500k.

We have no hope of buying another Jephcott with that fee, so why on earth would we sell our top scorer for a sum like that?

Exactly. £500k is as ludicrous a suggestion as £10m.

Nov 9, 2008
I think a somewhat realistic comparison (albeit a player who has a better all-round game than Jephcott) is Ollie Watkins- a talented youngster from an unfashionable lower league club whose next move is definitely a Championship club.

He went for a reported £1.8 million and 25% sell-on. While that was some time ago, it was a time when football finance was clearly much stronger than it is now. Would we take that? I’d think we’d take it pretty quickly.

Apr 4, 2007
Grantham, Lincs
With the year all clubs have had financially I would be surprised if there is an awful lot of money swimming around outside the Premiership. Unless someone who is benefiting (unfairly) from the ludicrous parachute scheme then I think we'll see little movement at our level for large amounts.

Just need Hardie to start a scoring run for us to keep Jephers out of the spotlight

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Harry Kane, Teddy Sheringham? At this time of festive disillusionment, that gave me a good laugh and cheered me up no end. I expect even Oldage had a little chuckle at those comparisons.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
JannerinCardiff":3fpm6ihw said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3fpm6ihw said:

For only 500k he’s worth more to us. He’s got the best goals to mins played ratio in the whole of League 1 and is only 20.. and that’s without taking a single pen or free kick.
I hope he does practise penalties. Another 3 or 4 goals a season could add quite a bit to his value.

May 28, 2019
Grantham Green":1dkznvvc said:
With the year all clubs have had financially I would be surprised if there is an awful lot of money swimming around outside the Premiership. Unless someone who is benefiting (unfairly) from the ludicrous parachute scheme then I think we'll see little movement at our level for large amounts.

Just need Hardie to start a scoring run for us to keep Jephers out of the spotlight
as i mentioned in the thread earlier , any EFL teams that took the financial payout from the premier league, are not aloud to spend money on players, or they hand back the payments, and someone else mentioned any team receiving large transfer fees must pay back help received,i very much doubt there will much, if any money, passing around the efl

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
So Paul Mariner who was a proven striker in the second tier of English football, was sold for the equivalent of about 1.5m today (in actual fact, two players, one of whom was crocked). Did somebody earlier say Jeph could fetch 10m? :funny: :funny: :funny:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not me, I said we should ask for £10m. Subtlety isn't a Yorkshireman's strength is it? :lol:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":2n3t8bd2 said:
IJN":2n3t8bd2 said:
Not me, I said we should ask for £10m. Subtlety isn't a Yorkshireman's strength is it? :lol:

Well, tha can ask what tha like. Tha not getting!

He’s OUR player. If anyone wants him enough, they can pay OUR asking price.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We dodged a bullet there trust me.

Delighted he went and the money we got was the cream on top.