Joel Grant - Lack of effort | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joel Grant - Lack of effort

Sep 25, 2010
Saying he is not trying, is as I have said 100% bollocks, he may be going thru a bad spell, but to accuse him on not trying, is pathetic.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
What do you base that comment on Martyn? Were you there, did you witness his lethargic performance? Are you in the know that perhaps he was suffering the after effects of flu or something. Let us in on your wisdom as to why it is 100% blx. You see, for us who were there it was 100% clear that he wasnā€™t putting a proper shift in for the period of the game that he was on the pitch and we were very close to that pitch.

Jul 12, 2016
I wasn't there to witness his latest display so cannot comment but Joel has been playing like this for several games.Fellow supporters in the Lyndhurst have also mentioned this at home games. Given a 50/50 ball Joel will give up most of the time be it closing down the opposition keeper,saving a corner ,going into a tackle etc he just gives up.

Aug 5, 2015
I see the Pasoti experts are out in force again. Heā€™s has managed to score 5 goals this season. Think what he could achieve if he tried. Iā€™m all for a bloke who was prepared to stand up and be counted and wanted to put right the wrongs of last season unlike most of our ā€œstarā€ players who buggered off at the first opportunity.

Oct 31, 2015
Kentishgreen":1yasg962 said:
I see the Pasoti experts are out in force again. Heā€™s has managed to score 5 goals this season. Think what he could achieve if he tried. Iā€™m all for a bloke who was prepared to stand up and be counted and wanted to put right the wrongs of last season unlike most of our ā€œstarā€ players who buggered off at the first opportunity.

Well said PASOTI expert :whistle:

All joking aside your last sentence is so true. As I said in my post I do hope it's just a blip in form.

Apr 15, 2016
Think on his day he can be one of our best players and scores goals.

Would like to see him and Rudden partnered more.

Sep 6, 2006
ProfGreen":i0em80ta said:
Think on his day he can be one of our best players and scores goals.

Would like to see him and Rudden partnered more.

I would like to see them partnered much less. They will not get us out of this League.

Jul 12, 2016
Kentishgreen":6nyitc79 said:
I also applaud him for staying but you don' t need to be an expert to witness his recent underperformances. Compare with Sarcevic who always give 100%.

Could be so many reasons for this. Any of us who have ever played football will know the feeling of , for inexplicable reasons, not being able to get going on a game. Could be a virus, could be over training. Who knows.
I just canā€™t believe a professional footballer would not try in a game in front of 9,000 supporters. Especially Joel Grant who, by all accounts , is a positive influence in the dressing room ( at least).

Jul 12, 2016
I am not suggesting that Joel is deliberately not trying ,I wonder if he is not fit physically or his mind is elsewhere?

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
No lacking today

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
There was a young guy and his girlfriend sitting behind me this afternoon. From their conversation it was pretty clear that the girlfriend wasn't exactly a regular and it might even have been her Home Park debut. Fair play to him, the guy was 'mansplaining' for all he was worth and identifying the players for her. When Joel Grant came on he was especially effusive in his praise and marked him out as someone to watch. His girlfriend seemed anxious to please and clearly made a mental note of Joel's name. So much so that when Conor Grant was standing on the touchline, ready to came on, and his name was announced she very sweetly asked her boyfriend, 'Oh, are they brothers?' It all went quiet for a while until it dawned on her... :funny:

Jul 12, 2016
IJN":10r0bhfv said:
Yep, much much better today.
We weren't watching the same game.IMO he was anonymous and didn't improve our striking options when he came on. Mind you nor did Telford.