Joel Grant - Lack of effort | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joel Grant - Lack of effort

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
No lack of effort.

More a lack of ability in front of goal and a lack of confidence because of that.

Jun 27, 2019
Joel Grant has never, ever been 'very good'. He's a distinctly average player who enjoyed one or two spells of reasonable form last season and early this.

At the very best he is a squad player who can come in for the odd game or substitute appearance.

Aug 8, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
Not wanting to stay on a negative, as we are on a great run, but Joel continues to show a lack of effort and interest when he comes on as sub!.........saying that I bet he turns round and scores tonight :shock:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Tugboat":13dkutva said:
No lack of effort.

More a lack of ability in front of goal and a lack of confidence because of that.

Can’t agree totally with that Tug. Have seen him home and away this season and apart from that purple patch at the beginning, he has often looked lethargic, even in the middle of the park. So it’s not just in front of goal. If he’s been carrying a long term injury then it would be understandable, otherwise he just looks disinterested a lot of the time. Strange because he’s coming towards the business end of his career now and whilst his days are probably numbered at Argyle, you would think he would want to attract interest from decent teams this summer, if not before.

Jan 27, 2012
If Joel Grant wasn’t trying very hard or wasn’t behind the team then I’m pretty sure that the manager wouldn’t play him (in fact he’d probably make him train with the reserves).

I think his effort levels are fine. Whether he’s the right choice for a central striker position is a separate debate.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I’ve definitely noticed his lack of jubilation during goal celebrations, odd. It’s a shame he can’t be as enthusiastic as his wife is about Argyle on Twitter.

Jul 3, 2013
gaspargomez":14fljom6 said:
If Joel Grant wasn’t trying very hard or wasn’t behind the team then I’m pretty sure that the manager wouldn’t play him (in fact he’d probably make him train with the reserves).

I think his effort levels are fine. Whether he’s the right choice for a central striker position is a separate debate.

I very much doubt anybody can argue with that, 100% spot on.

Aug 5, 2016
gaspargomez":2t8gxb4s said:

Did you see Hardie run from about 10 metres behind him to go and close a defender down on Joel's side of the pitch in the last game?