Lack of atmosphere? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lack of atmosphere?

Sep 13, 2003
Not surprised the atmosphere is terrible at Home Park. If we lose to Port Vale next week we will be below them in th league (they are are 14th currently).

So much for Lowe being the new messiah. Even John Sheridan and Derek Adams got us to the playoffs. No pressure Ryan.

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
Yes it was strangely flat today, but fair play to the group of German fans (die GrĆ¼ner?) in block six who were wildly enthusiastic throughout! Not sure about the Niki Lauda songā€™s relevance but great to have some international support!

Mar 23, 2019
GoGoGreen":1rdngmuq said:
Yes it was strangely flat today, but fair play to the group of German fans (die GrĆ¼ner?) in block six who were wildly enthusiastic throughout! Not sure about the Niki Lauda songā€™s relevance but great to have some international support!

Wonder what they thought of it? German football off the pitch/in the stands is miles ahead of British football.

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
argobenz":16ozah8u said:
Well other than Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe they seem devoid of any chants?

I thought the idea was to support the team, not sychophantic mewing to the new manager?

Because he is the messiah. This was decided several days before he was even appointed and this is how it will remain regardless of anything else.

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I've been going for over 50 years and two things are constant.

Firstly, if we go a goal down early the atmosphere goes flat at HP.

Secondly, the away support is always a lot more atmospheric.

The best atmosphere at HP is when we are 5 v 0 up at half time. Then we get the moaners on here who say we should have scored more goals in the second half :greensmile:

As an opinion, as one of my honourable friends has already pointed out, there have been many, probably hundreds, of worse atmosphere's at HP than yesterday in the last forty years !

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
It appeared to be flat everywhere yesterday, normally i go for a pre-match pint and watch the early game on tv which builds me up but with the internationals no where was showing a game so had to make do with the cricket which was an even worse show so by time I arrived I wasnt my normal up for it,
Still to early for me to express an opinion on our play however the goal kick to the defender in the box appears to put us under immediate pressure.
Antone know what happen in the away end someone not following the rules??

Aug 29, 2014
It wouldn't suprise me to find that the people complaining about a flat atmosphere at HP are the ones who never contribute to it .Apart from bock 3 who try to create one each and every game it is never backed up from other areas of the ground so that then has a negative effect on it . I do think though that the issues lately in the Lyndhurst have not helped .

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
If you even shout 'come on you greens' at a corner in blocks 8 and 9 people are craning their necks to see who the weirdo is and looking for the nearest escape route.
A lot of people spend the majority of the game scrolling through Facebook etc on their phones.

G

GreenGiantLion1886

I can confirm this action as today was my grandsons first Argyle game. Just before half time he asked me "is the atomsphere always this bad?" which absolutely killed me as my son is bringing him up to be a liverpool fan and its clear from today that Argyle arent going to disuade him from that.

Lowe really needs to sort this team out. I'll keep roaring the team on but this season isnt looking as good as one could hope.

Sep 28, 2003
The dozen or so of us at the back "Yes the back row" of block two right next to block 3 ,have allways been voiciferous,
We have stood there since the stadium opened , but are now told that we must sit down and be quiet because we are "not in the CHOIR " !!!!, so all quiet and peed off yesterday,
How can you be told to sit down when fans beside you are not ?
This is killing atmosphere and frustrating.

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Home Park has been a morgue for years.
The whole standing argument and the clubs approach to it is putting people off.
You canā€™t get an a decent atmosphere sitting down - itā€™s as simple as that.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Itā€™s only going to get worse. Why should those that care about the atmosphere bother when the club, and a lot of fans as well, are doing all they can to hamper it

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
jespafc":24frimu0 said:
argobenz":24frimu0 said:
Well other than Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe they seem devoid of any chants?

I thought the idea was to support the team, not sychophantic mewing to the new manager?

Because he is the messiah. This was decided several days before he was even appointed and this is how it will remain regardless of anything else.

So we should all withdraw support for Lowe until he gets us promoted?

Odd.

People are just backing the new manager & a new start for the club, and buying into what the manager wants to achieve. Nothing to do with him being the messiah.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
loveargyles":2q0k0o9j said:
Donā€™t forget....
Decent away turnout means a better atmosphere. We have to accept that we are in league flippin 2 and will have to endure an away end of 75 fans for most of the season. So it is only the natural the the atmosphere is going to be pants most of the time. Thatā€™s the same for any club.

This for me.

Leaving aside the standing debate, 1-200 away fans does nothing for the atmosphere. Given our away following, this is why I think so many enjoy away games so much. I don't think having only 3 sides to our stadium helps the home atmosphere much either. If Lowe gets us going and promotion is on in the new year I can see 15-16000 being a regular occurrence, which should help.

I'm never sure about the whole 'Mayflower grandstandees spoil the atmosphere in the horseshoe' thing. Perhaps that will help too, post-January!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Clarke_B":1g4hcgmp said:
Not surprised the atmosphere is terrible at Home Park. If we lose to Port Vale next week we will be below them in th league (they are are 14th currently).

So much for Lowe being the new messiah. Even John Sheridan and Derek Adams got us to the playoffs. No pressure Ryan.

Bloody awful, negative post. The atmosphere isnā€™t terrible and Ryan Lowe has certainly improved it since the reign of either Adams or Sheridan and I hesitate to criticise the latter as heā€™s a Wednesday legend.

The atmosphere has only ever been good in patches at HP in the all the years Iā€™ve been going, since 74/75. The last consistently good atmosphere I remember was that first season and the one after it when Mariner and Rafferty were running riot. Ever since, the support has only been great when promotion is looking likely. The club has too large a percentage of 'bleddy rubbish Argyle' miserable old sods, who are far too quick to turn on the team. We heard booing at the end of the game yesterday, (for the team, not the ref), which is pretty p1ss poor even by Argyle supporter standards. The away support is another story, thankfully. I look forward to joining them at Swindon and escape some of the miserable sods in the Lyndhurst!