Lack of atmosphere? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lack of atmosphere?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Action Jackson":2vj7ct0d said:
argobenz":2vj7ct0d said:
Well other than Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe they seem devoid of any chants?

I thought the idea was to support the team, not sycophantic mewing to the new manager?

Who is they? Block 3?

I have nothing against chanting for the team, I don't even mind the odd one for the manager, but the constant homage to him is a little cringeworthy in my opinion.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Alan-Frost":1in2718o said:
The first 15 minutes did not help as Oldham were in total control and got their goal. Good job we equalised fairly soon after. Yes it was flat but the constant messing around in defence made me edgy.

Spot on.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Guiri Green":12k1la9e said:
Action Jackson":12k1la9e said:
greybeard-kernow":12k1la9e said:
the crowd is becoming what the club wants , pay your money , sit down, shut up, and you can show your support in moments of excitement , when there is not any excitement, that is what happens,no atmosphere....i been going for 40 years , but walking into argyle is like entering a little dictatorship world, with in the confines of home park...

Yeah, got to say i don't really find home games very enjoyable when i go, the closing of block 16 and the lack of mayflower terrace definitely contributes to this.

I nearly got thrown out for inappropriate clapping and sitting with a sarcastic bent. The Steward also accused me of possessing a disdainful sneer even though I explained it was the sun in my eyes.

The worst I've ever known it in the 2 Years I've been going. All because of the persecution of standers I reckon.

:funny:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Maybe, instead of all me me me, the supporters who want to stand should take a more pragmatic approach. How about sitting when you’re told until the new stand has had the safety certificate issued, then maybe think about relaxing the enforcement of the rule.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenThing":138d0ofp said:
Maybe, instead of all me me me, the supporters who want to stand should take a more pragmatic approach. How about sitting when you’re told until the new stand has had the safety certificate issued, then maybe think about relaxing the enforcement of the rule.
Oh I think this will be the case now.
And this flat atmosphere thread will happen after every home game until then.
Still can't hear the PA mind, no matter what Jon B says in the blog. :cool:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Daddy Kool":3bk64nx8 said:
The dozen or so of us at the back "Yes the back row" of block two right next to block 3 ,have allways been voiciferous,
We have stood there since the stadium opened , but are now told that we must sit down and be quiet because we are "not in the CHOIR " !!!!, so all quiet and peed off yesterday,
How can you be told to sit down when fans beside you are not ?
This is killing atmosphere and frustrating.
Welcome to Argyle Visions and Values 2019.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
The atmosphere at Home Park is sterile for such a large proportion of the time because only half of two blocks out of 22 are prepared to created an atmosphere in the place. Admittedly, the paltry away followings do not help but the style of football on display is immaterial. Thank God all of the moaners will be returning to the Grandstand after Christmas. :wave:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Cobi Budge":kqovlesh said:
jespafc":kqovlesh said:
argobenz":kqovlesh said:
Well other than Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe they seem devoid of any chants?

I thought the idea was to support the team, not sychophantic mewing to the new manager?

Because he is the messiah. This was decided several days before he was even appointed and this is how it will remain regardless of anything else.

So we should all withdraw support for Lowe until he gets us promoted?

Odd.

People are just backing the new manager & a new start for the club, and buying into what the manager wants to achieve. Nothing to do with him being the messiah.

There's backing, and there's declaration of the second coming! I am fully behind RL and hope he is a great success, but some of the hero worship before he's achieved anything is quite nauseating.

Mar 21, 2013
Clarke_B":20xhfirz said:
Not surprised the atmosphere is terrible at Home Park. If we lose to Port Vale next week we will be below them in th league (they are are 14th currently).

So much for Lowe being the new messiah. Even John Sheridan and Derek Adams got us to the playoffs. No pressure Ryan.

Yes & they were given the full season to do so. Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t we only 7 games in, or has the season been shortened this year?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Fergy":2830emcl said:
The atmosphere at Home Park is sterile for such a large proportion of the time because only half of two blocks out of 22 are prepared to created an atmosphere in the place. Admittedly, the paltry away followings do not help but the style of football on display is immaterial. Thank God all of the moaners will be returning to the Grandstand after Christmas.

So, once the grandstand is open, the Lyndy will be a heaving mass of scarf waving, singing, chanting, Mexican waving, yeeha, andalay, COYGs, standupifyou'reaselfish**** superfans?? :lol: :scarf: :lol:

Mar 21, 2013
Pogleswoody":3ut8739z said:
Fergy":3ut8739z said:
The atmosphere at Home Park is sterile for such a large proportion of the time because only half of two blocks out of 22 are prepared to created an atmosphere in the place. Admittedly, the paltry away followings do not help but the style of football on display is immaterial. Thank God all of the moaners will be returning to the Grandstand after Christmas.

So, once the grandstand is open, the Lyndy will be a heaving mass of scarf waving, singing, chanting, Mexican waving, yeeha, andalay, COYGs, standupifyou'reaselfish**** superfans?? :lol: :scarf: :lol:

You need to just accept that Fergy is a better fan then you or I because he stands up whenever he likes & makes loud noises.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Doesn’t Pasoti sponsor Ryan Lowe's kit? He must enjoy reading some of the negative sh1te on here from people who haven’t a clue what they’re talking about. If this was a newspaper, I know what he would do with certain sheets of it.

B

Bonehead

When did the family enclosure move to the Lyndhurst ? When did our demise and flat atmosphere commence? Go go go Keyboard Warriors , your new mission awaits .

PS , think before you post.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Don't_Panic":2hx6tlja said:
Pogleswoody":2hx6tlja said:
Fergy":2hx6tlja said:

You need to just accept that Fergy is a better fan then you or I because he stands up whenever he likes & makes loud noises.

I’m sorry if I’m mistaken but the last time I checked contributing to an atmosphere and being a ‘super fan’ are not mutually exclusive? For the record, I sit down because I CHOOSE to occupy a seat at the bottom of block 14. It’s just really tiresome blaming the players, manager or results for the dire atmosphere when fingers should be pointed at 90% of the attendees in the home end.

Aug 5, 2015
I always used to stand on the terraces on the Lyndhurst side. There were always moaners and “ bleddy rubbish Argyle “ types even then. In fact my stepson who is a Londoner constantly takes the pee with the “ bleddy rubbish Argyle” comments he constantly heard when I first took him to Home Park over 25 years ago. I don’t think anything has changed much. What’s killed atmosphere is all seater stadiums. The sooner legal standing areas are introduced the better.