Le Fondre | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Le Fondre

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
IJN":hpk41ccj said:
Silly wages are 'fine' Mark, as long as we get the player that backs up that offer.

Johnston (Damien), Maclean and BWP aren't good examples are they? :)

Indeed - circular argument, I suppose, as in that case the wages wouldn't be "silly". Anyway, presumably like the mooted signing itself, this is all academic :roll:

Mar 14, 2009
Ok. I will burst everyone's bubble but there is a very good reason why this is laughable.....

Lets say Fallon is involved in this swap deal and for argument sakes he is worth 500,000...

Ronnie Moore has stated that he values Le Fondre at 3 million..... So that is only 2.5 million we need to find.....

So guys this isnt gonnaa happen unless suddenly our Japense chairman wants to all of a sudden splash the cash. That is about as likely as Argyle going a goal down at present and coming from behind.

Logically, if you send out a higher paid earner like Damian Johnson to your league one rivals then your hardly going to spend 2 million plus on le fondre....

Dec 22, 2008
Thou I have my doubts this is true or will be successful, I have even bigger doubts that Rotherham would get anything more than a million for this guy. It's bottom division football after all.
Remember the Jermaine Easter saga where Wycombe stated they wanted something in the region of seven hundred and fifty thousand for JE, turned down a bid of three thousand from us, the player went on strike and he came to us for two hundred thousand with add-ons. It's possible a similar thing may happened again.
I expect if true we have offered Fallon, plus three hundred thousand which is our usual limited, plus a 20% sell on clause, which if the player went for say two million in eighteen months time, let's say. Rotherham would get th extra four hundred thousand. Adding all these parts together Rotherham would get in the region of one million pounds.
Clubs say all sort of things to keep fans happy, including white elephant transfer tags.

Mar 14, 2009
matteh.":1ndzv2ot said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1ndzv2ot said:
Ok. I will burst everyone's bubble but there is a very good reason why this is laughable.....

Lets say Fallon is involved in this swap deal and for argument sakes he is worth 500,000...

Ronnie Moore has stated that he values Le Fondre at 3 million..... So that is only 2.5 million we need to find.....

So guys this isnt gonnaa happen unless suddenly our Japense chairman wants to all of a sudden splash the cash. That is about as likely as Argyle going a goal down at present and coming from behind.

Logically, if you send out a higher paid earner like Damian Johnson to your league one rivals then your hardly going to spend 2 million plus on le fondre....

Them saying they want that is to put people off trying to buy him. They would probably accept half of £3million.

That might be the case if their wasnt alot of clubs interested in him. Which will put up the price as the auction begins.

Plus lets say your right and they would accept 1.5 million. Fallon is worth 500,000 :eek: so where is the other million coming from? We dont have 100,000 to spend on players it seems let alone 1 million...

Players like this I doubt are nowhere on the Argyle radar....

What Ronnie states and what he gets are two different things.

Mackie was proven at Championship level and we sold him for £500k.

Rotherham have said they don't need to sell but if the player wants to go they might as well cash in.

Looking at other recent strikers values (Lambert £1m) i'd say he's probably worth £1m tops. He's a young player who's only ever scored in the 4th divison after all. But that would still leave us trying to value Fallon at £500k (Joke) and come up with another £500k.

With our board trying to save money everywhere, Don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't see this being true myself especially as PR has already said he's looking at loan players, i'll put a fiver on Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Devonportender":2iqtaswa said:
Can't see this being true myself especially as PR has already said he's looking at loan players, i'll put a fiver on Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely.

Wow - that's a name that come out of nowhere...

[Back on transfer fees - Lambert had already been successful in League 1 I think before Southampton bought him so I think £1m for Le Fondre is well over what he would actually go for.]

Edited to add: I just looked Alex Nimely up and tried to find a video of him playing... all I could find were clips of "him" scoring goals on FM10. Is this what it's come to :lol: He's played 7 minutes for Manchester City.

The Doctor":22hynjie said:
Devonportender":22hynjie said:

[Back on transfer fees - Lambert had already been successful in League 1 I think before Southampton bought him so I think £1m for Le Fondre is well over what he would actually go for.]

Edited to add: I just looked Alex Nimely up and tried to find a video of him playing... all I could find were clips of "him" scoring goals on FM10. Is this what it's come to :lol: He's played 7 minutes for Manchester City.

He scored in a game PR went to watch last week :wink:

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Devonportender":fxmsk12o said:
The Doctor":fxmsk12o said:
Devonportender":fxmsk12o said:

He scored in a game PR went to watch last week :wink:

Was it on FM10? :wink:

Mar 14, 2009
matteh.":15ocq5et said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":15ocq5et said:
matteh.":15ocq5et said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":15ocq5et said:

Them saying they want that is to put people off trying to buy him. They would probably accept half of £3million.

That might be the case if their wasnt alot of clubs interested in him. Which will put up the price as the auction begins.

Plus lets say your right and they would accept 1.5 million. Fallon is worth 500,000 :eek: so where is the other million coming from? We dont have 100,000 to spend on players it seems let alone 1 million...

SRG said a few hundred times this summer that if we found the right man, we'd find the money to buy him.

lol, you dont believe that do you?

Seriously, it was the most obvious bit of Public Relations

There is no money. If there was PR wouldnt try and get the wage bill down.

Even if we did have a bid accepted he would want pretty decent wages. We are gettting rid of players on decent wages....that should tell you everything...I just dont understand why Argyle fans do this to themselves. Come 6pm tomorrow will be why didnt we get.......

Simple cos we have no money

R

Rupert

The Doctor":13jaum4w said:
Devonportender":13jaum4w said:

Nowhere? He was mentioned in Saturday's WMN, actually...

:roll:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
"If we find the right man we'll find the money"
Thats politician speak for "don't expect to see a new striker at Home Park any time soon, we've got 'back the bid' t-shirts to print"
A Grade Schyster!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
matteh.":2e46utg0 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2e46utg0 said:
matteh.":2e46utg0 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2e46utg0 said:

SRG said a few hundred times this summer that if we found the right man, we'd find the money to buy him.
And he was talking absolute bullsh1t, I wish we'd spend that amount of money on the right man, but him saying that was public relations all the way, trying to please us.

If we spend a million on LF , then I'll attend a Home Park match in Rose69's maid outfit, not gonna happen under this board.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Rupert":1xuz4nib said:
The Doctor":1xuz4nib said:
Devonportender":1xuz4nib said:

Nowhere? He was mentioned in Saturday's WMN, actually...

:roll:

Like I said... :wink: :lol: