Le Fondre | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Le Fondre

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Devonportender":mdcrfogo said:
What Ronnie states and what he gets are two different things.

Mackie was proven at Championship level and we sold him for £500k.

Rotherham have said they don't need to sell but if the player wants to go they might as well cash in.

Looking at other recent strikers values (Lambert £1m) i'd say he's probably worth £1m tops. He's a young player who's only ever scored in the 4th divison after all. But that would still leave us trying to value Fallon at £500k (Joke) and come up with another £500k.

With our board trying to save money everywhere, Don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't see this being true myself especially as PR has already said he's looking at loan players, i'll put a fiver on Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely.
who is alex tchuimeni-nimely please?

Mar 23, 2008
Plympton
Like someone has already said, SRG has been quoted as saying if PR finds the player that he really wants here and is right for the club then they'll fund it? However, surely if Fallon is injured then he wouldn't pass a medical and any kind of arrangement would fall through? It's probably just a rumour or something, and is probably just an enquiry at the moment, maybe we'll hear something tomorrow, certainly would like someone signing.

G

Greenskin

I can't believe SRG's comments were just spin. After all,we've had "we'll go for it"."Paul [Sturrock] can keep everybody if he wants to", "we did go for it","interested in Halmosi" and "imminent".How can anybody possibly doubt the truth of statements from Argyle chairmen after the way all of those turned out? :roll:

G

Greenskin

penzancepirate":1m94qd8x said:
Greenskin":1m94qd8x said:
I can't believe SRG's comments were just spin. After all,we've had "we'll go for it"."Paul [Sturrock] can keep everybody if he wants to", "we did go for it","interested in Halmosi" and "imminent".How can anybody possibly doubt the truth of statements from Argyle chairmen after the way all of those turned out? :roll:

I think you forgot that old favourite ...... " And the winning ticket in the Argyle lottery is ....... ".

Ah yes,the old Argyle lottery! Bill Pearce used to run it,as i remember,it was very innovative and many clubs used it as a model for their own schemes.Good money earner for many years.On a serious note about the spin that comes out of the club,i'd say that it's ultimately rather counter productive and ends up with nobody believing what the club says on virtually any issue.Can't be good for club/fan relations i wouldn't have thought,but then i'm only a punter,i suppose.Obviously the club can't be open about everything that goes on,i well understand that,but a bit more honesty and openness wouldn't go amiss,IMHO.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I was convinced this was a product of some imaginative soul who thinks we're capable of better than we are.

However, if Ponty and PP are backing this up, that's my veiwpoint turned round 180 degrees :)

Maybe we are actually finally marrying ambition with the cash to back it up, bring it! Just hope it happens.

Aug 1, 2010
GreenSam":hg2bbisp said:
I was convinced this was a product of some imaginative soul who thinks we're capable of better than we are.

However, if Ponty and PP are backing this up, that's my veiwpoint turned round 180 degrees :)

Maybe we are actually finally marrying ambition with the cash to back it up, bring it! Just hope it happens.

"I love you Ponty and PP, please let me join your gang"

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Haze":2k0xdy0u said:
GreenSam":2k0xdy0u said:

Lol, who are you mate exactly :lol: ?

Just that they actually know what they're on about regarding rumours like this, unlike some. That OK with your highness?

A

Anonymous

The Le Fondre/Fallon swap deal rumour was mentioned by someone on the Vital Forum 10 days ago.

Link.

I'd be very surprised if Argyle spend any kind of money on a transfer.

Aug 1, 2010
GreenSam":3t7opsnm said:
Haze":3t7opsnm said:
GreenSam":3t7opsnm said:

Lol, who are you mate exactly :lol: ?

Just that they actually know what they're on about regarding rumours like this, unlike some. That OK with your highness?

I'm nobody, don't worry yourself wee man. Just don't like sniffle nosed little boys, barely out of short shorts trying to use big, clever words (not in this thread) to try and impress the 'big boys'. That's all.

Mar 5, 2006
Ipswich
Devonportender":32tdyjc6 said:
The Doctor":32tdyjc6 said:
Devonportender":32tdyjc6 said:
Can't see this being true myself especially as PR has already said he's looking at loan players, i'll put a fiver on Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely.

Wow - that's a name that come out of nowhere...

[Back on transfer fees - Lambert had already been successful in League 1 I think before Southampton bought him so I think £1m for Le Fondre is well over what he would actually go for.]

Edited to add: I just looked Alex Nimely up and tried to find a video of him playing... all I could find were clips of "him" scoring goals on FM10. Is this what it's come to :lol: He's played 7 minutes for Manchester City.

He scored in a game PR went to watch last week :wink:

That was the name given to me last week also! Expect this lad and another forward to sign! Just a hunch however! :wink: