League 2...would it be that bad? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League 2...would it be that bad?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
At the start of each season we run a Pasoti poll for finishing position and for this season back in August 48% of Pasoti users thought we would finish in the play-offs, 16% thought we'd get automatic promotion and just 3% thought we'd get relegated.
Expectations were high and the fans were certainly not thinking about League Two.

Oct 10, 2012
Funny how everyone now moans saying the players arenā€™t good enough when majority thought we would reach the play offs with them :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Iā€™ll let you have this thought.

It is possible that Plymouth Argyle Football Club could next season play Solihull Moors FC in a league game.

Would the OP like to rethink?

Apr 5, 2008
of course itā€™s bad,any relegation is bad :facepalm:

To go from 7th to relegation,and you donā€™t think itā€™s bad . :doh:

Adams will still be here if we do go down,and will be greeting you in the new grandstand pre-match too :clap:

Mark Smith

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I see where the OP is coming from but I donā€™t agree. Thereā€™s always much more to gain by staying where you are and making sure it doesnā€™t happen again, learning lessons, etc. Itā€™s also incredibly optimistic to think that a refurbished squad would simply walk League Two and get us back to where we started.

When fans of a relegated club comfort themselves by claiming ā€œweā€™re too good for league x and weā€™ll bounce right back up againā€ itā€™s one of lifeā€™s great self-deceptions and it rarely works out like that, even with Premiership parachutes.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Plymouth Argyle: the only football club in the league where fans actively welcome relegation so they have the chance to win a few against Morecambe, Yeovil etc.
Astonishing.
Survive. Replace the negative manager. Give league 1 a competitive go next season and at least hold our own.
Or perhaps we can ask the league for special dispensation to drop into the South Western peninsula league so we can give Bovey Tracey a sound thrashing? (although Adams would probably bring on a third centre back if we went 1 up against them too)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IJN":3oonjm1z said:
Iā€™ll let you have this thought.

It is possible that Plymouth Argyle Football Club could next season play Solihull Moors FC in a league game.

Would the OP like to rethink?
these are the sort of fixtures that depress me with due respect to solihull,salford city et al.imagine next year solihull 4-argyle 0.i voted that we'd get automatic promotion by the way.this is one of the most disappointing seasons i have witnessed and i started going when derek ufton was the manager. :sigh: it is absurd to suggest relegation is not bad,ask huddersfield,ipswich and notts county fans.

May 1, 2011
Knibbsworth":3ehcmkoi said:
It would be a disaster. It is nothing to do with mentality, our squad just isn't very good at the moment. I identified 5 players that I would take forward in either division - ASB, Threlkeld, Songo'o, Lameiras, and Ladapo. I will give Jones the benefit of the doubt however the jury is still out. Carey is not justifying his top earner status at the moment, Fox looks like he can't keep up anymore, Sarcevic and Ness are going through the motions, Sawyer is nearly 34, Canavan and Edwards look easily replaceable with improvements, Moore has had a poor season, Macey simply won't be required next season, Riley has been ordinary and injury ridden, Dyson's season has been a waste of time, Ainsworth will almost definitely be leaving, Joel Grant will be recovering from a career threatening injury, midfielder Connor Grant hasn't had a decent performance in midfield all season, and Scott Wootton is possibly not even Football League quality any longer. Ryan Taylor is too good and on too much money to be playing twenty minutes a week - if he is not starting he very well he moving on.

Some of these players are on two year contracts. Player for player, we are worse than the season we got promoted in every single position, so much so I can't envisage a lot of the above mounting a promotion campaign. Our only option is to stay up, move as much deadwood on and figure out how we can unlock the potential of Moore, ASB, Grant and Dyson with new signings and a system that complements their attributes. If we go down, I can't see us getting back up in a hurry with DA's track record of getting his defences to gel, a procedure that requires months of arduous defeats and shrugged shoulders. It is absolutely vital this squad does not get relegated - we need to stay up and let DA use his surgeon's scalpel on the squad.

The first person who needs the scalpel is the person chiefly responsible for this mess. It defies logic to allow Adams to stay after causing such a disaster zone.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
up_the_line":3b1knon3 said:
Plymouth Argyle: the only football club in the league where fans actively welcome relegation so they have the chance to win a few against Morecambe, Yeovil etc.
Astonishing.
Survive. Replace the negative manager. Give league 1 a competitive go next season and at least hold our own.
Or perhaps we can ask the league for special dispensation to drop into the South Western peninsula league so we can give Bovey Tracey a sound thrashing?
the way we are playing i fancy bovey tracey to get at least a draw. :banghead:

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
up_the_line":1n43ocle said:
Astonishing.

Sad thing is he is probably not the only one with that perspective

Sometimes it astounds me the acceptance of failure this fanbase feels acceptable

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Do I want us to be relegated? No. Will I be slitting my wrists (metaphorically)? Also no.

Some people take it all a bit too seriously, after all, itā€™s just a game of football.

Apr 1, 2009
GreenThing":1vj3fum2 said:
Do I want us to be relegated? No. Will I be slitting my wrists (metaphorically)? Also no.

Some people take it all a bit too seriously, after all, itā€™s just a game of football.

Surely it's up to the individual to decide how seriously they take supporting Argyle? Every club has some fans to whom their club's fortunes are virtually the most important thing in their lives. Serious question - what gives you the right to dictate the level of acceptable seriousness?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Financially if we are relegated the club will lose Ā£420,000 in EFL and Premier League payments, not to mention the potential drop off in season ticket and match day ticket sales.

With the club already being financially prudent in League One then relegation to League Two could be a financial disaster. Hopefully those players like Taylor and Sarcevic who have a contract for next season have a relegation clause where their wage decreases.

And will the playing budget be less in League Two?

We HAVE to stay up!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
xmastree":28ofblnw said:
GreenThing":28ofblnw said:

Surely it's up to the individual to decide how seriously they take supporting Argyle? Every club has some fans to whom their club's fortunes are virtually the most important thing in their lives. Serious question - what gives you the right to dictate the level of acceptable seriousness?

Iā€™m not dictating anything to anyone people can take it as seriously as they want. I just find it a bit sad if people allow the result of football match to dictate their lives.

ā€œFootball is not a matter of life and death - itā€™s far mor serious than thatā€. Canā€™t remember who said that, but they were talking bollocks in my opinion.