League 2...would it be that bad? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League 2...would it be that bad?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Was our promotion year really that positive? As I recall it was the same dour tactics that we see in League 1 but the teams we faced were bad enough that they tended to work more often than now.

Take the lead and try and hold on for a 1-0 win, never any ambition to do anything more than scrape through the 90 minutes with 3 points.

Will we win more than we do now? I bleddy well hope so. Will it be the major boost in positivity and feel good fact the OP suggests? I very much doubt it, particularly if Derek is still in charge.

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
GreenThing":1zzjijff said:
xmastree":1zzjijff said:
GreenThing":1zzjijff said:
Do I want us to be relegated? No. Will I be slitting my wrists (metaphorically)? Also no.

Some people take it all a bit too seriously, after all, itā€™s just a game of football.

Surely it's up to the individual to decide how seriously they take supporting Argyle? Every club has some fans to whom their club's fortunes are virtually the most important thing in their lives. Serious question - what gives you the right to dictate the level of acceptable seriousness?

Iā€™m not dictating anything to anyone people can take it as seriously as they want. I just find it a bit sad if people allow the result of football match to dictate their lives.

ā€œFootball is not a matter of life and death - itā€™s far mor serious than thatā€. Canā€™t remember who said that, but they were talking bollocks in my opinion.

That would be Mr Shankly, and I am inclined to agree with you, far more important things in life than to get too upset over something you can`t have control over.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
If it forces a change in the way we play, that is the only benefit I see. And that isnā€™t guaranteed to happen with this manager or a successor.

But going down, losing players and rebuilding isnā€™t going to be easy either and it may take 3/4 years to come back up.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3nbo5gkr said:
If it helped ensure the end of Adams there would be a silver lining.

Problem is, the chairman thinks the sun shines out of the manager's ar$e, so even if we do go down I don't think the manager will be sacked.

Sep 6, 2006
justanotherfan":3gbiayrl said:
GreenThing":3gbiayrl said:
xmastree":3gbiayrl said:
GreenThing":3gbiayrl said:
Do I want us to be relegated? No. Will I be slitting my wrists (metaphorically)? Also no.

Some people take it all a bit too seriously, after all, itā€™s just a game of football.

Surely it's up to the individual to decide how seriously they take supporting Argyle? Every club has some fans to whom their club's fortunes are virtually the most important thing in their lives. Serious question - what gives you the right to dictate the level of acceptable seriousness?

Iā€™m not dictating anything to anyone people can take it as seriously as they want. I just find it a bit sad if people allow the result of football match to dictate their lives.

ā€œFootball is not a matter of life and death - itā€™s far mor serious than thatā€. Canā€™t remember who said that, but they were talking bollocks in my opinion.

That would be Mr Shankly, and I am inclined to agree with you, far more important things in life than to get too upset over something you can`t have control over.

Enjoy the good times. Have a wee drink after to drown the sorrows when things go wrong. Its dangerous when things get out of perspective as shown on social media. You see fans crying etc. Get a life.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":35hmq6xy said:
justanotherfan":35hmq6xy said:
GreenThing":35hmq6xy said:
xmastree":35hmq6xy said:
GreenThing":35hmq6xy said:

Enjoy the good times. Have a wee drink after to drown the sorrows when things go wrong. Its dangerous when things get out of perspective as shown on social media. You see fans crying etc. Get a life.

Not often I say this, but I agree with BG on this one.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Would it be the end of the world?

No, as others have stated, there are worse things in life than relegation.

Would there be any real positives to us being relegated?

I struggle to see any. It would be a real setback for the club and undo all of the hard work that it took for us to get to League One.

If we were to be relegated there would be a massive turnover of playing staff, but the manager would remain in post (in my opinion).

If we can somehow stay up and then rebuild next season, hopefully with a slightly more solid foundation, that is all that matters (in my opinion).

Leo's Grandad

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Going down would be a disaster. I'm sure we're going to win enough points not to get relegated this season. I would hope that the early season form piece gets resolved for next season so we start playing in August rather than December.

We'll be rebuilding every season for the net few years with players on short contracts. We just need to land a bunch of players that will gel into a winning team.

The big question for me is - do the current management team have what it takes to turn that early season form around ?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Our all time average league position is 52nd, which in the current top four leagues set up is 8th place in League One. So last season we achieved par and this season we have underachieved.

May 1, 2011
If we go down the board will still keep Adams, the football will be dire, the crowds will be smaller and the expectation lower and the players worse.

There is no rebuilding going on and there is no long term plan for the club.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Dread it!! :shock:
I hate Div 2!! Why?? Because if we flirt with the dreaded trapdoor in that Division then we flirt with leaving the Football League!!

If we start in Div 1 or the Championship, what's the worst that can happen?

I do not want Dadams taking my (our) team out of the league!!

Vote Derexit!! :furious:

Oct 10, 2012
Bermudian Green":30skbnte said:
If as fans we are accepting relegation as a good thing, then there is no point whatsoever in supporting the club.

#Drexit

Exactly, ridiculous people saying they could see positives from relegation.

Failure should not be accepted ffs