Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 79 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
IJN":3vdmg5b5 said:
I still ask the question, who has said that Lowe was offered the job?
Nobody knows the exact details of what was discussed between Hallett and Lowe, not even you.

I find it hard to believe that despite the very public courting of Lowe, Argyle have secretly lined up someone else.

Regarding what has been discussed, Argyle are quite rightly keeping things in house and all the leaks, hints and “facts” have come from the other end but from Lowe’s pre-match comments this afternoon, it is not unrealistic to think that he has been offered the job. He was very complimentary about Argyle and the people he had met.

However, his post-match comments suggest he is not in any particular hurry to cut his links with Bury, perhaps in the hope that a new buyer might still yet appear and save them so that they can look forward to life in League 1, which is what he pretty obviously hopes will be the case based on yesterday’s Bury Times.

But regardless of the desperate financial situation and uncertainty at Bury and all the nonsense with their Chairman and his silly game-playing which is affecting everyone connected with Bury Football Club, it is quite apparent that Lowe has serious issues with the whole relocation thing.

I would hope that Hallett and the Board have given him a firm deadline, we cannot afford to go into June still without a Manager. The new Manager has much to do, even before the pre-season starts - particularly with the playing squad - and he needs to be in post sooner rather than later.

As we know to our bitter cost, failure to plan and prepare adequately for the new season can have catastrophic consequences. I don’t know what Hallett’s politics are but I don’t want him doing a Theresa May can-kicking impression; please make a decision.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
demportdave":je7ufumd said:
IJN":je7ufumd said:
I still ask the question, who has said that Lowe was offered the job?
Nobody knows the exact details of what was discussed between Hallett and Lowe, not even you.

WTF does that mean?

I've never claimed nor ever have known any bleddy thing.

Mar 14, 2009
So on the basis Flynn said about losing his better players but sounding like he was going to stay are we going to ridicule him if he takes the job?

Surely, someone has gone under the radar here. I find it interesting, exciting and as a fan lm nervous because lm scared it could be a Gary Johnson or Steve Cotterill.

The one great thing about Adams was he wanted to be here. Relocated.

People say location is a problem. Well if that’s the case this football club will never be successful until we become a rich person’s plaything. And that might change the club we love forever in a way that we won’t recognise it anymore.

Feb 15, 2005
So much hot air and no substance. Folk are slagging off RL and no one knows if he has been offered the job.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PMPilgrim":yxfaxue0 said:
There was a deal. Maybe only verbally but a deal was done.

Lowe was expected to straight bat any predictable questions today. He is either very bad with the media or publically courting the Lincoln job. It seemed to surprise him to find out that we are not in League 1.

He either needs to walk it back very quickly or probably miss out on the biggest club he will ever get the chance to manage. Lincoln will go South when there money runs out....what then?

That’s ridiculous. If it surprised him that we aren’t in League 1, he can’t have been very far down the road with his ‘talks with Argyle’.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
PMPilgrim":1sirk3t8 said:

Lowe was expected to straight bat any predictable questions today. He is either very bad with the media or publically courting the Lincoln job. It seemed to surprise him to find out that we are not in League 1.

He either needs to walk it back very quickly or probably miss out on the biggest club he will ever get the chance to manage. Lincoln will go South when there money runs out....what then?

Good grief :sick:

Sounds like he's led us right up the garden path, and we're looking at June still having no manager - all preparation for next season still up in the air, half a squad etc etc

Seriously, the guy can sod off. If Bury are his one true love etc etc then good for him - but don't waste our time by using us as a pawn.

Let's get someone who DOES want the job, and let's get them fast.

If Ollie wants it, I'll drive him down there myself!

Apr 1, 2009
David Friio's mate":9kh3tchw said:
PMPilgrim":9kh3tchw said:

Good grief :sick:

Sounds like he's led us right up the garden path, and we're looking at June still having no manager - all preparation for next season still up in the air, half a squad etc etc

Seriously, the guy can sod off. If Bury are his one true love etc etc then good for him - but don't waste our time by using us as a pawn.

Let's get someone who DOES want the job, and let's get them fast.

If Ollie wants it, I'll drive him down there myself!

When will people get into their head that Ollie DOESNT want it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PMPilgrim":ynrn8xzw said:

Where are the Cowleys going?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
demportdave":18ooff6d said:
I find it hard to believe that despite the very public courting of Lowe, Argyle have secretly lined up someone else.

Very public? Is that a joke?

We’ve heard literally nothing from Argyle, the only reason we know anything about this is because we had to approach Bury for permission to talk to him and they’ve leaked that their end.

(Edit... fair enough, you did acknowledge that.)

Ok this IS all getting rather odd isn’t it? He can’t possibly have not known we were relegated, can he?

Can he??

Jun 2, 2016
PMPilgrim":1osii56f said:

Verbal deals??
That's what you do over the phone.
The whole point of flying someone down and getting your staff in a room with him and his agent is to actually sign the contract?
What are we playing at. As with the end of the Adams reign.... So so naive and ponderous. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.