Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 81 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2013
I really don’t get this excitement regarding Lowe. For me he’s the best of a bad bunch of possible candidates ... at best.

I don’t think one season’s success is any prediction of future performance.

I’d like to see someone with a much better cv and preferably a Scot in charge.

May 8, 2011
edengreen":3dxx6ec9 said:
Regardless of if he's offered the job or not the club needs to be putting a statement out now it's a full 7 days since any communication with fans and that was a chairman at a fans forum nothing official

Currently there are no player transfers no manager no kits to discuss and that is leading to this frenzy

It does appear that Derek was sacked without any plan B being in place

Most clubs who are on a sticky run like we were are actively considering what to do in the event of a change being required and dare I say even speaking with people off the record it does appear Argyle had no intention of sacking him bar a unconfirmed incident on the team bus and a lack of respect in talking to the press in a game which actually contributed the most to our relegation in the end !
Is everyone on holiday at HP? Use al this interest to get season ticket sales shirt sales etc
Does strike me that we have gone backwards in this department since starnes left the club and I know the CEO is in his first weeks at the club but really we need some sound bites,in fact a good honest leak maybe the answer !

Indeed the Chairman panicked, which is why there is quite a bit of disharmony at the Club.

As for the rumour about the incident on the bus, one of the supposed protagonist wasn’t on the bus. Rumours being spread to justify a bad decisions.

Jun 2, 2016
cheshiregreen":sis31hlh said:
Frank_Butcher":sis31hlh said:
gaspargomez":sis31hlh said:
Is there even a single shred of evidence that Lowe has been offered the job?

No.

A thread full of speculation that fed off Bury’s agreement to let us talk to him, Alan Nixon’s ‘insider’ Twitter hints, and 3 posters’ ‘insights’ (Skynet, Saturday Service and PMPilgrim). Beyton Green’s insistence that there was no deal was obviously not considered as reliable by most - presumably because it was what people didn’t want to hear.

Now the last two pages are responding in outrage to the frankly ridiculous suggestion that Lowe didn’t know we were relegated.

Nice summary.

Hopefully we will get further insight from Saturday Service and Skynet. The post from PM Pilgrim referred to above is ridiculous at best.

If there is no appointment announced by Tuesday it would suggest something has unravelled in the process as we know interviews were held a couple of Fridays back (10th). As always nothing worse than a vacuum of communication as the void gets filled with speculation.
. Why would Lowe say on TV that 'the Plymouth deal is not done, I have to think about my family first'.. All this after coming to Plymouth last week..... If he hadn't been offered the job? Of course he has.

Jul 6, 2009
Maybe Ryan Lowe is a thoroughly decent person and would like to say his goodbyes face to face to the Bury players and staff before being unveiled as our new manager and this has taken longer than expected. The idea he does not know we have been relegated is ludicrous.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
skynet":3ku6g7wp said:
Maybe Ryan Lowe is a thoroughly decent person and would like to say his goodbyes face to face to the Bury players and staff before being unveiled as our new manager and this has taken longer than expected. The idea he does not know we have been relegated is ludicrous.

Judging by his antics in front of the cameras yesterday I don't think he has the class or is professional enough to do the above.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
skynet":1fkplvx0 said:

Yes you maybe right however in my opinion if he was coming he would have chosen his words more carefully so as to not alienate his new club as well as his old
If he was coming whilst he is a hero in Bury that status is unlikely to change considering the circumstances he leaves in whilst at Argyle why start on a bad footing with the supporters
He is leading us a merry dance he isn't coming
We need to grow a pair and go and get Holloway or the French lad

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I got the impression from Bury fans that he is not a very good public speaker.

Perhaps this is the evidence of that.

I hope the board have a timescale on this and all of our eggs are not in one basket.

Apr 9, 2011
All any of this is pure conjecture fed on unfounded rumours no one has any facts. The one thing that is a fact the "squad" what squad? report back for training in a months time & the season kicks off on Aug 3rd fact. All i can say whoever ends up our manager will have to hit the ground running that is a fact!!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
jimsing":2y97q6ua said:
When Lowe joins, he will explain his "first division manager" remark by saying that Plymouth Argyle ARE a first division Club and should not have been relegated.

I really don't understand all this pouring out of firstly excitement that we will have a manager that has had one promotion because of his employer's large purse, and then all of a sudden there is total rejection because he doesn't want to be with us because he has said something that we have taken quite literally.

What will be, will be.

It's all the more intriguing with the ups and downs, but WE cannot do anything about it, just wait until an appointment is made.

Everything else is pure speculation and we all need to take a chill pill.

Agree. There are a lot of posters working themselves up into a stupor when we simply do not know anything.
In fairness, the Argyle board has remained silent and any apparent 'snippets' have come from Bury and a local hack!
I have a feeling it maybe someone that hasn't even been mentioned!

Jun 2, 2016
edengreen":nfhnu603 said:
skynet":nfhnu603 said:

Yes you maybe right however in my opinion if he was coming he would have chosen his words more carefully so as to not alienate his new club as well as his old
If he was coming whilst he is a hero in Bury that status is unlikely to change considering the circumstances he leaves in whilst at Argyle why start on a bad footing with the supporters
He is leading us a merry dance he isn't coming
We need to grow a pair and go and get Holloway or the French lad
Forget about Gourvennec. It's a 100% made up story. To show you how Skybet operate, if you ask them to post a name, they do. And even if you don't put money on it, the name stays. So no money needed to get a name on the board.

Jul 18, 2018
I for one won't be hugely disappointed if he doesn't end up being our manager. We'll be the majority of teams big day out next year and attacking football could easily work against us however entertaining it is. He's had one good year with a squad of strong players earning big money. Admittedly done well to keep them motivated with what was going on at the club but things like that can also help bring people together.

I do hope the bookies list is nothing like our shortlist though.

Happy to be proven wrong - Lowe sign a 3 year contract and get us back to back promotions! :wtf:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Fundamentally it is neither use nor ornament for us to have a manager who comes with even a bit of doubt that he’s committed. If Lowe is in that emotional place, move on. And quickly.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Who says we offered him anything? The Bury chairman said we spoke to him but that doesn't mean an offer was made. Other than a few people claiming they're in the know who is to say that the extent of us talking to him was merely an interview?

Perhaps yesterday's comments weren't indecision but instead sour grapes because we went in another direction. The announcement was delayed until after this weekend, there was only one candidate who had one final job to do before they'd leave their current club and it wasn't some Sky pundit. He was in the dugout at Wembley seeing his Newport side through their big day.

Pure speculation on my part but I'm sure just as "in the know" as the wannabe experts.

Mar 23, 2008
PL2 3DQ":21u6mjib said:
skynet":21u6mjib said:

Judging by his antics in front of the cameras yesterday I don't think he has the class or is professional enough to do the above.
Indeed, if it was the above it would be a more generic answer, not something so specific to what level he wants to manage at.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Lots of theories floated on here.

SS said Lowe was at the ground Friday disguised as a building contractor. :crazy:

Either that information was inaccurate or one of the parties involved has had a late change of heart.

Not seen an update from SS who admittedly has a good record of providing snippets.

Status
Not open for further replies.