Lowe OUT NOW | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe OUT NOW

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
But we were in the relegation zone for 26 of the 45 games he was in charge of that season.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If we waited another week we'd have been relegated with another embarrassing defeat instead of a win, Nance gave us the best chance of survival after Adams had already done the damage.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Given that we were relegated despite WINNING the next game it calls to the conclusion we were relegated when he was sacked. Just a matter of formality.

HC let it go, he's gone.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
HC Green":vohami6g said:
Balham_Green":vohami6g said:
HC Green":vohami6g said:
Caribou":vohami6g said:
It’s nonsense of course to talk of sacking the manager after his first dodgy run of results a third of the way into his first season in a new league. Luckily we know the owner is not one for an emotional kneejerk response.

I spoke to someone on Friday who may not agree with your last sentence.

So you think sacking somebody who got us relegated is a knee jerk response? :facepalm:

We weren’t relegated when he was sacked.

So, if we hadn't sacked him, (in an outrageous kneejerk fashion),we would have stayed up?? :think:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Yeah because Southend would have been shocked by his retention and intentionally lost their game.

Doesn't make a difference who managed that last game, we were going down no matter what.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":tlr612av said:
Balham_Green":tlr612av said:
HC Green":tlr612av said:
Caribou":tlr612av said:
It’s nonsense of course to talk of sacking the manager after his first dodgy run of results a third of the way into his first season in a new league. Luckily we know the owner is not one for an emotional kneejerk response.

So you think sacking somebody who got us relegated is a knee jerk response? :facepalm:

Are you for real?

So if he had managed 1 more game we would have stayed up?

May 1, 2011
Willis88":3fn3wlqg said:
Yeah because Southend would have been shocked by his retention and intentionally lost their game.

Doesn't make a difference who managed that last game, we were going down no matter what.

This isn't even an opinion, it's just factually correct.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bristol Rich":37riad86 said:
HC Green":37riad86 said:
Balham_Green":37riad86 said:
HC Green":37riad86 said:
Caribou":37riad86 said:

Are you for real?

The mind boggles.
Perhaps if he'd managed Southend for that last game we'd have had a chance.

May 1, 2011
up_the_line":32u2i9ga said:
Bristol Rich":32u2i9ga said:
HC Green":32u2i9ga said:
Balham_Green":32u2i9ga said:
HC Green":32u2i9ga said:
Caribou":32u2i9ga said:

Are you for real?

The mind boggles.
Perhaps if he'd managed Southend for that last game we'd have had a chance.

It's a farcical view to take, as if we just suddenly only lost 3-4 games and then Adams got sacked.

You might think HC Green had a wierd obsession with Derek Adams?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The fact we went down with that squad is the most amazing and the most damning part, particularly considering how awful the bottom half of League 1 was that year, there were so many teams weaker than us who stayed up. I definitely think the quality level throughout the League this time around is much higher.

May 1, 2011
Cobi Budge":15m1pf7y said:
The fact we went down with that squad is the most amazing and the most damning part, particularly considering how awful the bottom half of League 1 was that year, there were so many teams weaker than us who stayed up. I definitely think the quality level throughout the League this time around is much higher.

Spot on.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":1kegk8mc said:

Looks like it judging by Rochdale. Unless we made them look good....?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3ohp832t said:
Cobi Budge":3ohp832t said:

Looks like it judging by Rochdale. Unless we made them look good....?

Bit of both, we were very poor, but sides like Rochdale, in my view, have a lot more quality than they did last time we were at this level.