Morecambe! | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe!

Nov 26, 2019
Lundan Cabbie":2ac1thjl said:
St Just man":2ac1thjl said:
Firstly congratulations to Morecambe a nice club, The game that was a typical DA game I’m against playoffs it’s a personal opinion and today the best footballing side lost.
That was awful to watch I bet we get them away first game.
I still cannot forget that 5-0 thrashing at Oxford he’s too much of a control freak and has no interest in supporters or anything that isn’t his view.

In tiers 2 & 3 should we return to just the top two being promoted and third missing out? We had a 13 year trial of giving third place automatic promotion but it added nothing extra to the last couple of months to the seasons so they came up with the play-offs.

I'd be interested in what, in your opinion they should be replaced with.
My opinion for what it’s worth top 3 go up the old system I believe the seasons results should decide it.
Top 3 on merit.

Mar 16, 2009
London
up_the_line":309ihtbb said:
PL2 3DQ":309ihtbb said:
Congratulations to Morecambe. Songo'o was immense in midfield and defence. A horrible boring game

Not really a surprise. Dire, negative anti football. Some will say look at the result, but the game was won by a dive and other than that only one side played with any positivity....it was a carbon copy of the Argyle performance at Wembley, it was just luck that Newport fluffed their lines in front of goal and the ref gave a howler decision.
Something to look forward to next season though as I think a certain Mr Ennis might fancy his chances against them

Morecambe scored over 100 league goals this season!

A phenomenal achievement considering the resources and historical ambitions of a club, finishing in their highest ever position.

Some respected commentators are calling for Adams to be named Manager of the Year, and it would be richly deserved.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Justin":5k9nj723 said:
up_the_line":5k9nj723 said:
PL2 3DQ":5k9nj723 said:
Congratulations to Morecambe. Songo'o was immense in midfield and defence. A horrible boring game

Not really a surprise. Dire, negative anti football. Some will say look at the result, but the game was won by a dive and other than that only one side played with any positivity....it was a carbon copy of the Argyle performance at Wembley, it was just luck that Newport fluffed their lines in front of goal and the ref gave a howler decision.
Something to look forward to next season though as I think a certain Mr Ennis might fancy his chances against them

A phenomenal achievement considering the resources and historical ambitions of a club, finishing in their highest ever position.

Some respected commentators are calling for Adams to be named Manager of the Year, and it would be richly deserved.

Morecombe scored 69 league goals this season. I do agree with the rest of your post.

Mar 16, 2009
London
PL2 3DQ":3v8sflb0 said:
Justin":3v8sflb0 said:
up_the_line":3v8sflb0 said:
PL2 3DQ":3v8sflb0 said:

Morecombe scored 69 league goals this season. I do agree with the rest of your post.

Thanks Posty, not sure where I got 100 from :oops: - still they were the 3rd highest scorers in League 2, befitting of a team who have been devastating on the counter at times.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Maybe 100 season goals Inc cups ? I dunno. We're they in FA trophy.?

Anyway outstanding achievement by DA. I didn't rate him for us but that's just water under the bridge now.

He should get manager of year for L2. To go from sitting in relegation places in 19/20. To promoted 20/21 on the resources of footballing pauperage is incredible. Incredible.
Teams with more than 20 times their income struggled.
Budget is not everything but its 90 percent of it... the rest is coaching and motivation with sprinkling of nous, shrewdness and a pinch of luck.
Well done DA and all at Morecambe.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Well done the shrimps.

Looking at their line up they should have been renamed 'Morcambe Argyled". DA reassembled half the team from his Argyle days.

Nov 18, 2011
Derek seems to be at his best as the underdog, counter attacking bigger teams and scrapping for points. He's best off staying at teams like Morecambe or Ross County.

A situation like Bradford where they expect to go up could be quite different but money often talks and the wages there must be substantially more.

Some fans have short memories, Adams did a good job and was the right man at the right time but the situation was turning toxic. Everyone recognised this and he left, nothing good would have come from Adams remaining for longer.

Feb 13, 2021
Terrific achievement by Derek Adams to lead Morecambe to League 1 , with reputedly the lowest budget in the football league. Good to see three of our 'old boys' , Letheren Songo and Diagouraga involved in the play off final.
Derek now reputedly in the running for the job at Bradford City.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Tavyjohn":2xxcxoo6 said:
Terrific achievement by Derek Adams to lead Morecambe to League 1 , with reputedly the lowest budget in the football league. Good to see three of our 'old boys' , Letheren Songo and Diagouraga involved in the play off final.

I'd stick with Morecambe. No pressure there this season for anything more than survival. They'll do better than that though for sure. I'll be putting a bet on for an outside chance for the playoffs for them!

Nov 2, 2004
What a fantastic achievement, well done Derek and and the club. Looking forward to seeing him and especially Songoo next season.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
GreatYarmouthGreen":3c6sdc1e said:
Tavyjohn":3c6sdc1e said:

I'd stick with Morecambe. No pressure there this season for anything more than survival. They'll do better than that though for sure. I'll be putting a bet on for an outside chance for the playoffs for them!

I'd put more money on them being bottom after 15 games.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Manchesterlalala":2yidr1gt said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":2yidr1gt said:
Tavyjohn":2yidr1gt said:

I'd put more money on them being bottom after 15 games.

I'll put a bet on both. Very good odds for a playoff push if they are bottom after 15 games.