Morecambe! | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe!

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
Remember he did wonders at Ross County.

He is a very talented young manager.

Just listened to his interviews and there already discussing his future.

Wouldn't be surprised if a championship club came in for him.

Congrats to him and Morecombe a wonderful achievement.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A pretty dire game, no better than the last play off final Adams led a team to. They had a bit of luck with a decision or two but did finish 4th and it was a tremendous achievement by Adams to get them up on such a meagre budget.
I noticed he celebrated about three times in close proximity to Ellison without actually getting in his face. He who laughs last laughs longest and all that.
He gets the most from the sum of the parts to be fair. It's not always pretty but Lowe could learn a thing or two from him.
I think it will be an even bigger achievement to keep them up next season but if Accie can then anything is possible.

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":2t95tmpi said:
PL2 3DQ":2t95tmpi said:
Congratulations to Morecambe. Songo'o was immense in midfield and defence. A horrible boring game

Not really a surprise. Dire, negative anti football. Some will say look at the result, but the game was won by a dive and other than that only one side played with any positivity....it was a carbon copy of the Argyle performance at Wembley, it was just luck that Newport fluffed their lines in front of goal and the ref gave a howler decision.
Something to look forward to next season though as I think a certain Mr Ennis might fancy his chances against them

Well done "Lord V neck".

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Fantastic! Well done DA, he's done one hell of a job, but I'm not surprised by that.

I for one will look forward to seeing him back at Home Park and will give him a sincere :clap:

Bernie Bernbaum

Pasoti Quiz Champions
May 29, 2015
Geddon Derek! Fantastic achievement. Cant see them staying up next season but what a day for the club and their fans.
Oh and bye Kev.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
ping_g5":1clskaq0 said:
You can't deny that the job DA has done in taking Morecambe from relegation fodder to promotion in 12 months is truly miraculous... However, that was such a negative performance. It was much the same as when we played there except Newport didn't take their big chance and a couple very big decisions went their way. Should struggle like billyo next season but could be tempted by a cheeky quid on them somehow staying up.

Give it couple days, DA is expected to take over at Valley Parade (at least according to regional media in Yorkshire).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bradford are rumoured to want Adams as their manager so it's possible we won't see him at Home Park next season. He probably realises Morecambe will come straight back down anyway and take up Bradford's offer of managing a much bigger club.

Nov 26, 2019
Firstly congratulations to Morecambe a nice club, The game that was a typical DA game I’m against playoffs it’s a personal opinion and today the best footballing side lost.
That was awful to watch I bet we get them away first game.
I still cannot forget that 5-0 thrashing at Oxford he’s too much of a control freak and has no interest in supporters or anything that isn’t his view.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Well done to DA for achieving promotion on very limited resources.

I won’t look forward to his brand of ‘football’ next season though.

Aug 5, 2016
Yes what a shame when you cant go to a club with gates of 1,500 in League One and expect football from the San Siro.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
St Just man":1bci2ifp said:
Firstly congratulations to Morecambe a nice club, The game that was a typical DA game I’m against playoffs it’s a personal opinion and today the best footballing side lost.
That was awful to watch I bet we get them away first game.
I still cannot forget that 5-0 thrashing at Oxford he’s too much of a control freak and has no interest in supporters or anything that isn’t his view.

In tiers 2 & 3 should we return to just the top two being promoted and third missing out? We had a 13 year trial of giving third place automatic promotion but it added nothing extra to the last couple of months to the seasons so they came up with the play-offs.

I'd be interested in what, in your opinion they should be replaced with.

Aug 27, 2019
Happy to acknowledge the achievement. Equally, to have taken them from where they were when he took over, to promotion is an undoubted feather in his cap & restores the faith in his initial appointment with us.
I look forward to his return to Home Park next season & hope truly, that DA will get a good reception - I suspect that that won't happen though.
Looking forward to next season with much eager anticipation.......