Morons (leaving early) (merged x 2) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morons (leaving early) (merged x 2)

Sep 25, 2010
Daz":3ie10cf6 said:
Martyn":3ie10cf6 said:
Laido":3ie10cf6 said:
What's even more moronic are the Stewards who don't move on the sloths at the pitch side who hold up people walking down the steps, who have to wait almost 10 minutes after final whistle to eventually get moving. Stewards just stand there like muppets.

if you move them from the pitch side before the game for blocking entrances/exits..why not at end of game when people want to get home..this needs sorting out as exiting the ground takes an age... :banghead: :sigh:

Getting out of the game takes an age!!!! Get real.

If you can’t wait a few mins, 5 at most to get out out, then you a sad individual

People leaving early, are a pain in the arse, as I have said before, would you leave early from a film or a play, before the final scenes to get a bus, no.

I have seen people leave early for cup games, when we are drawing 0-0, with the possibility of 30 mins extra, bizarre

If you’re sat at the back of one of the blocks it takes far more than 5 minutes to get to the bottom from the end of the game.

People leave early as they want to beat the traffic and save themselves 30/40mins, I can understand that. As long as leave and don’t hang around at the front getting in other fans way I don’t see the issue.

I sit right at the back, and it is not a long time, people have got no patience. People have to leave safely

Beat the traffic, blimey, it is not the M25 !!!!

As mentioned who leaves leaves a film or play early.

Sep 25, 2010
Emeraldinho":3vmr236t said:
greenpig27":3vmr236t said:
finegreen":3vmr236t said:
This goes out to all the morons that leave early....I’ll just never get my head around it...ever.

On what has been a good night for Argyle....you win the prize for most moronic post of the night :funny:
:iagree: If someone's paid good money for their ticket they can leave whenever they damn well like.

You are missing the point, walking down the steps, they STOP and watch the play, when something happens. I have missed late goals for example against Stevenage, because some morons, just stopped and blocks your views, it is like an epidemic, especially when the extra time board goes up.

I don’t mean to be offensive, but Devon and Cornish folk are incredibly slow, and it’s their slowness view blocking that irritates others. In any London ground you’ll see similar numbers leave early without complaint, because they’re up and off in a flash. It’s the same with driving down here. It took me years to get used to how slowly people pull away from lights etc.

Jul 14, 2008
I certainly wouldn’t describe them as morons but it is very irritating. It just seems to be a tradition to some to leave when the 4th officials board goes up, no matter the situation in the game. I find it unbelievable that people can leave a game early when Argyle might be a goal up and hanging on just because they want to save themselves 10 minutes. It’s definitely worse at HP compared to other stadiums. The reason why it’s annoying though is because I always have to miss some of the play because people are stood in the way. Only reasonable excuse from my perspective is if people want to get a slightly earlier train. Each to their own though, it’ll never change.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
The two friends I go with both use walking sticks, one in particular is unsteady, we all move down with about a couple of minutes to go, and sit in the front. We haven't left, but it prevents them being jostled down the steps which has happened previously.

argobenz":8dq5s0bz said:
The two friends I go with both use walking sticks, one in particular is unsteady, we all move down with about a couple of minutes to go, and sit in the front. We haven't left, but it prevents them being jostled down the steps which has happened previously.

Good point Argobenz. For the first time ever (I guess because the game was won) I took a closer look at the early leavers, and the clear majority were elderly, and many moving slowly with walking sticks. When I reach that age and condition I shall probably do the same thing..

Sep 25, 2010
mervyn":1s0x8ijm said:
argobenz":1s0x8ijm said:

Good point Argobenz. For the first time ever (I guess because the game was won) I took a closer look at the early leavers, and the clear majority were elderly, and many moving slowly with walking sticks. When I reach that age and condition I shall probably do the same thing..

Or wait until, the majority have left and walk down at their own pace, and more importantly safely.

Their is no time scale to leave by a certain time.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Martyn":ly2ucg5c said:
Daz":ly2ucg5c said:
Martyn":ly2ucg5c said:
Laido":ly2ucg5c said:
What's even more moronic are the Stewards who don't move on the sloths at the pitch side who hold up people walking down the steps, who have to wait almost 10 minutes after final whistle to eventually get moving. Stewards just stand there like muppets.

if you move them from the pitch side before the game for blocking entrances/exits..why not at end of game when people want to get home..this needs sorting out as exiting the ground takes an age... :banghead: :sigh:

Getting out of the game takes an age!!!! Get real.

If you can’t wait a few mins, 5 at most to get out out, then you a sad individual

People leaving early, are a pain in the arse, as I have said before, would you leave early from a film or a play, before the final scenes to get a bus, no.

I have seen people leave early for cup games, when we are drawing 0-0, with the possibility of 30 mins extra, bizarre

If you’re sat at the back of one of the blocks it takes far more than 5 minutes to get to the bottom from the end of the game.

People leave early as they want to beat the traffic and save themselves 30/40mins, I can understand that. As long as leave and don’t hang around at the front getting in other fans way I don’t see the issue.

I sit right at the back, and it is not a long time, people have got no patience. People have to leave safely

Beat the traffic, blimey, it is not the M25 !!!!

As mentioned who leaves leaves a film or play early.

I left "1917" early. Oscar my arse.

May 16, 2016
Well, call me a Moron if it helps, but I left early to get to Derriford in enough time to carry out an important life saving operation. I had to go when I did to beat the Traffic. That gave me time to do the Op then scoot off to Exeter Airport to Pilot a Plane full of Emergency Aid to a grateful Nation.

I'm supposed to put everyone's life on hold just to watch Ryan Lowe Fist Pump the Devonport ? I don't think so.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I left Titanic early. That ship was huge and unsinkable. Couldn't see the point in the film tbh! :coat:

Can't see what being a 'good night' for Argyle affects the point of the OP. These 'respected fellow supporters' leave when Argyle are 0-1 down, attacking and pressing to equalise (or win), Argyle get a corner and I'm staring at several backsides all paused and watching the game.

As to the walking stick element, I've caught att least 3 guys during play who were teetering their way out. Surely, sit at the front or wait until the crush eases? Someone is going to go A over T one day by trying to leave early.

I left The Usual Suspects early too. All those horrible policeman picking on that poor, innocent crippled man!! :furious: :coat:

Jan 21, 2007
I think there should be trap doors positioned sporadically along all the walkways and steps, that open and close without warning between the 85th minute and final whistle. Also, there should exits at the top of the stands ... exits!!! ... not steps leading down from the exits; just exits ... and every moron should be forced to use these instead of blocking a good honest fans view, but they have to be a moron, and have the correct documentation with them at the time.

:thumbs:

Sep 19, 2015
The only morons I can see are the people who bring this subject up time and time again. If people want to leave early then they are well within their right to do so. You have absolutely no idea what circumstances lead to these people leaving and its damn right none of your business anyway.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Guiri Green":pyemdr2z said:
Well, call me a Moron if it helps, but I left early to get to Derriford in enough time to carry out an important life saving operation. I had to go when I did to beat the Traffic. That gave me time to do the Op then scoot off to Exeter Airport to Pilot a Plane full of Emergency Aid to a grateful Nation.

I'm supposed to put everyone's life on hold just to watch Ryan Lowe Fist Pump the Devonport ? I don't think so.
that isn't the point that is being made though is it?the issue is not with people leaving early,i have no problem with that,it is the selfish ones who insist on stopping to watch goalmouth action which deprives us from watching it!

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
finegreen":3sz8ig3v said:
This goes out to all the morons that leave early....I’ll just never get my head around it...ever.

I think you are the moron here.

People have many reasons for leaving before the end.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Wow....if only someone had mentioned this before... :think:

Leaving 2 minutes before the end was probably the difference between me getting home at about 12:30am rather than about 1:00am....

I'll continue with being a moron thanks...

Looking forward to the very same post after the game on Saturday :cool: