New Argyle Superstore Launch | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Argyle Superstore Launch

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
I know it was the first Saturday it was open, so lots of interest. And I know we had the largest crowd of the season - still only 12k mind.

But I found the store surprisingly small and cramped. It couldn't really cope with the crowds and I left after a few minutes.

I get why modular buildings have been used for this - makes sense to me. But why not make it bigger? I think it's a touch smaller than the old one? It's not like there's no room in that space behind the façade and small marginal cost. Opportunity missed, I'd say.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I went in at 1420 yesterday to get a ‘home and away’ scarf for £6 (half price) and they were sold out. They said they had 250 in stock on Friday.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
FourMarksGreen":b7sc0nm3 said:
I know it was the first Saturday it was open, so lots of interest. And I know we had the largest crowd of the season - still only 12k mind.

But I found the store surprisingly small and cramped. It couldn't really cope with the crowds and I left after a few minutes.

I get why modular buildings have been used for this - makes sense to me. But why not make it bigger? I think it's a touch smaller than the old one? It's not like there's no room in that space behind the façade and small marginal cost. Opportunity missed, I'd say.

I have to say that was my ONLY concern. Everything apart from that is 10/10.

I thought the old one was incredibly cramped and small as well, so was surprised to hear it constantly described as one of the biggest in the lower leagues.

May 8, 2011
Biggs":sckh0pl2 said:
FourMarksGreen":sckh0pl2 said:

I have to say that was my ONLY concern. Everything apart from that is 10/10.

I thought the old one was incredibly cramped and small as well, so was surprised to hear it constantly described as one of the biggest in the lower leagues.

The point being that apart from match days it is very spacious and on match days it is supplemented by kiosks in the Devonport and Lyndhurst and also outside the ground.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Very impressed with the new Superstore yesterday

Very professional & even treated myself to a New Argyle scarf Green & White Just £6!

Excellent Customer service as always

Well done All concerned at PAFC

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenArmy1984":2636i06x said:
Very impressed with the new Superstore yesterday

Very professional & even treated myself to a New Argyle scarf Green & White Just £6!

Excellent Customer service as always

Well done All concerned at PAFC
I bought my scarf at the Accrington game. Paid the full price too.
Glad to support the club at every home game.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Very smart and of course an improvement on the old one, especially the location. My only disappointment was the woodwork looked black until I got really close. It looked more like it could have been for Grimsby or Notts County.

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
Very happy with the new shop, I remember when on a match day you couldn't actually get to the shop without going through the turnstiles. This is in a superb location and a wonderful use for the iconic façade.