New Grandstand experience | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand experience

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
Agree with corkscrew on the hospitality package. Was impressed with the experience. What is it with Argyle and sound systems? I was at a table about 25 feet away from the stage where the argyle leg end was being interviewed could not hear him at all! Apart from that it was excellent :thumbup:

Feb 8, 2005
I'm not surprised that the Lindy could hear the speakers from the grandstand, it was far too loud, but at least we could now hear what was being said.

The seats WERE a bit tighter than before, but the Club cannot do anything about it and we will have to put up with it, I'm afraid.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
jimsing":2y90vddt said:
I'm not surprised that the Lindy could hear the speakers from the grandstand, it was far too loud, but at least we could now hear what was being said.

The seats WERE a bit tighter than before, but the Club cannot do anything about it and we will have to put up with it, I'm afraid.

We couldn’t really hear the speakers from the lyndhurst. We could hear that some speakers were on somewhere but where and especially what was being said was something of a mystery.

Jun 12, 2006
I thought I would share our experiences of last Friday.

We had our Vertical Plus staff Christmas dinner in the new players lounge and I have to say despite the fact we were almost the first people to use the facility in anger it was very well done.

They have definitely gone for the luxury end of things - and all the staff were very well trained and up for it. Arriving at the wrong entrance we were politely and professionally referred down to the end of the ground by the guy at reception and then met outside by lady who guided us into the players lounge. At the door was another smiling girl and then to meet us were all the waiting staff. The food was really really good.

Nothing was too much trouble throughout the night and we sure tested them with delays to the dessert, people arriving late and some pretty "out there" Christmas games.

I had to admit having done corporates at Home Park before I was worried - but this one turned out to be a pretty good choice.

Can i just say that I was the first person to use the Cappuccino machine in the players lounge? When you see it think of me...

Feb 28, 2016
David_Fisher":7htxcynb said:
Can't understand the surprise at the lack of legroom.

The only ways to have improved this would have been to completely renew / reconfigure the concrete "terraces" to which the seats are fixed or only install seats on every other row.

They should have done as I suggested and just replaced the seats like for like, anyone who ever sat in the block of plastic seats at the Devonport End of the old Grandstand would have foreseen this. Can just imagine how awful it’s going to look once the colouring starts fading from them all at different rates.

Not used the refurbished stand yet however used the new Far Post Club for the first time and was very impressed by that.

Dec 3, 2005
Now that the Grandstand facilities are open, will that mean the bottom bar in the new 'Far post' will be open to 'ordinary' supporters or do you have to be a member?

May 4, 2018
Fantastic investment for the Club.
Yes the seats are a bit tight but the terracing dictated the space and new seats are bigger so cramped legs it is.
Only disappointment having invested so much money shame they couldn’t extend hot water taps into the loos it is 2019 not 1919.
I trust they have in the hospitality and boardroom areas, so why not into the general concourse loos?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
djg145":2zwkkrc7 said:
Now that the Grandstand facilities are open, will that mean the bottom bar in the new 'Far post' will be open to 'ordinary' supporters or do you have to be a member?

Strangely enough there were only a few VP's and Match Officials down there on Saturday. :wtf:

I'll chase Gary and see what's what as it's gone very quiet on that front.

djg145":jvny48mf said:

The downstairs facility is going to be opened fully on the 1st of January, the whole facility (both upstairs and downstairs) pre-match is via membership and day membership (when available).

For the last few months people have been registering their interest in a membership via the GT ticketline (07772869958) and e-mail (memberships@greentaverners.co.uk), the GT's have been working through this list (in order that the requests were received) and as anticipated there has been lots of interest and sign ups.

If anyone is wanting to get a membership, I'd suggest contacting the GT's as soon as you can and ask to be put on the list, as I have a feeling the membership quota will be filled up quite quickly.

Hope this helps.

P.S - The upstairs bar is open pre-match for the Bristol Rovers match tomorrow night and its open for all (no membership necessary), so if you've not had a beer in there yet and fancy a look around, maybe before committing to a membership, feel free to come and join us, bar opens at 5.30pm :)

Dec 3, 2005
Leeder":3kfiumgr said:
djg145":3kfiumgr said:

The downstairs facility is going to be opened fully on the 1st of January, the whole facility (both upstairs and downstairs) pre-match is via membership and day membership (when available).

For the last few months people have been registering their interest in a membership via the GT ticketline (07772869958) and e-mail (memberships@greentaverners.co.uk), the GT's have been working through this list (in order that the requests were received) and as anticipated there has been lots of interest and sign ups.

If anyone is wanting to get a membership, I'd suggest contacting the GT's as soon as you can and ask to be put on the list, as I have a feeling the membership quota will be filled up quite quickly.

Hope this helps.

P.S - The upstairs bar is open pre-match tomorrow for the Bristol Rovers match tomorrow night and its open for all (no membership necessary), so if you've not had a beer in there yet and fancy a look around, maybe before committing to a membership, feel free to come and join us, bar opens at 5.30pm :)

Thank you.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
oldage":1uyxp9z0 said:
Just a thought but did anybody from the club try sitting on one of the seats before they all installed? Perhaps there was no choice but it's a shame that after all that effort and expense the seating is inadequate. Incidentally,am I right in assuming the Directors were sat in the lower Mayflower area behind the dugouts yesterday? IMO they were better off where they were before .

If the seats are not fit for purpose and fans don’t want to sit there given it’s uncomfortable surely we have some come back to the company that installed them and we could get replacement seats??