New Grandstand experience | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand experience

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Are the Directors etc. REALLY sitting in the lower seating? That whole area is going to be pretty unpleasant in any wet and windy weather. The extended roof will provide VERY little cover given how much space there is between it and the seat level (rain rarely falls directly downwards so the large space allows plenty of room for it to come in at an angle and for the wind to swirl around). I just can't imagine the 'suits' being very happy about having to sit on potentially wet seats and pretty much fully open to the elements. Surely it is much better for them to be where they always used to be in the upper seating?

Mar 8, 2016
sat in the grandstand last night, loved it. However what was really noticeable is how bad our floodlights are on that side of the stadium, truly shocking. I know the priorities have been elsewhere in recent years but anyone know if any plans to get this sorted? I know money is an issue but if and when funds do become available Iā€™d hope this is on the list of things to get squared away.

Army green":3e1zhhob said:
sat in the grandstand last night, loved it. However what was really noticeable is how bad our floodlights are on that side of the stadium, truly shocking. I know the priorities have been elsewhere in recent years but anyone know if any plans to get this sorted? I know money is an issue but if and when funds do become available Iā€™d hope this is on the list of things to get squared away.

Youā€™re right. The entire floodlighting needs re-assessment, with BP lights shining directly into your eyes in the Demport, and changes of light intensity across the pitch,particularly alongside the technical areas, which appear quite dark.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
My first time in the new Mayflower today. Different but enjoyed it. The legroom is good & better than where I was previously in the Devonport. Great view from the seats I was in (just past the halfway line toward the Barn Park). You feel a lot closer to the game and can hear everything going on out on the pitch, as well as the instructions from the dugouts. Ryan Lowe & Steven Schumacher are so involved, they kick every ball, challenge for every header and are right there with the players all game, which is great to see. To top it off the goal celebrations were right in-front of us. Will be back for Swindon definitely.

Aug 13, 2009
Sat in the Grandstand for the first time yesterday.
Leg room was totally inadequate and I find it hard to believe it was the same as before.
Would avoid at all costs if you are 6 foot or over (Iā€™m 5 10ā€ and wonā€™t be going back unless they are the only seats available)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Hmm, seems there are fairly major issues if youā€™re sat either in the upper tier or the standard seating in lower.

If itā€™s raining and youā€™re sat in the lower tier, it doesnā€™t seem like you can get any shelter at any point, including at half time.

Anyone sat in the upper tier and think itā€™s not THAT bad?

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The club are encouraging your feedback:

As we prepare for the big day, we want your feedback on the Stevenage game. Everything from the hospitality and ticketing to the programme and entertainment. Please send your feedback to matchday@pafc.co.uk

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I really like that you can now walk up past the Barn Park End right up to the GTs and grandstand.

With that in mind, would be really impressive to have a Home Park or PAFC sign on the horseshoe looking out onto Central Park. Home Park is quite an imposing sight from that side anyway, would look even better.

Also think the ā€˜PAFC WELCOMES YOU TO HOME PARKā€™ sign on the Devonport badly needs replacing to fit in with the rest of the branding.

Two relatively small additions that would add massively to the look of the whole ground, IMO.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Biggs":1gwa29vp said:
Hmm, seems there are fairly major issues if youā€™re sat either in the upper tier or the standard seating in lower.

Everyoneā€™s going to have their own views/experiences but I sat in the mayflower (standard) yesterday and I thought there was far more legroom than where I normally am in the horseshoe, in my normal seat my knees touch the seat in-front, they didnā€™t yesterday. Sure, youā€™re going to get wet if it rains but thatā€™s why the ticket prices are cheaper. Also didnā€™t take anywhere near as long to get to the toilet at HT. Me and my mate were impressed with the seating, the view, the facilities etc and weā€™ll be moving our STā€™s over permanently. Club have done a fine job.

May 8, 2011
There also seems to be a lack of food and drink outlets outside the ground this season. There has only been one outside the Devonport for most games this season.

Apr 28, 2019
The stand is a great addition to the club; physically as a structure and psychologically. We can truly put the memories of administration behind us, and have realistic ambition of progressing towards the Championship. it's a quality job, credit to the directors who oversaw it, and of course the Hallett family who financed it.

Just a few observations; the speakers are too loud, it's difficult to hold a conversation in the upper stand when music's playing. Also, lots of queuing at half time, the concourse behind the stand is smaller than in the old stand, so the pasty and toilet queues severely limit movement behind the stand. Much faster service for pasties and drinks would help. Thirdly, fans from the lower stand were transferring up to the bar in the upper stand at half time, I felt sorry for the poor, female, steward who was getting some abuse when asking to see their tickets and trying to turn them away . Yes, the legroom is a bit limited, but I'm over 6ft and managed okay.

S

swendies

Making Home Park cashless would help quite a lot in reducing queues.

Would it? Don`t think so, takes longer to take a card payment than give change from a tenner.
Better organisation behind the counters would help. Wish I had a business where you know exactly when your customers would be arriving. I could treble the takings behind the food and drink counters overnight. How do I apply?